Is facial attractiveness correlated with height (Read first) (Poll)

Correlation Level:

• Clearly negative correlation

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Slightly negative correlation

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • No correlation

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • Slightly positive correlation

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Clearly positive correlation

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters

6.5PSL

Banned
Given a man is a height in the middle 95 percentile, that is approximately 5'2 - 6'3, do you think height plays a statistically significant role in attractiveness. That is, are height and facial attractiveness essentially independent variables in normal heights? It's obvious if you're 4'6" or 7'5", it is definitely correlated because to even achieve those heights you have to have some genetic deformity. Just wanted to know the thoughts of this forum.

Note: Remember that positively correlated implies the taller you are the better you look and negatively correlated implies the taller you are the worse you look. Remember, we're only looking at facial attractiveness.

• +1
Reactions: Mewton
no it isn't, below 5'5 or above 6'5 you can't really be good-looking though because the lack or excess of hormones will give you a stunted or overgrown face

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Mewton, Preoximerianas and Deleted member 7725
no it doesn't, below 5'5 or above 6'5 you can't really be good-looking though because the lack or excess of hormones will give you a stunted or overgrown face
tall people have longer faces and skulls

• +1
Reactions: GymCelNeckPill, Mewton, Chinlet Ascension and 3 others
Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all Face over all

No, facial attractiveness isn't correlareted with height (ignoring the people with genetic abnormalities). Your face is independent to your height. If there was a trend you would see it IRL.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Mewton, Deleted member 3946, Deleted member 7725 and 1 other person
no it doesn't, below 5'5 or above 6'5 you can't really be good-looking though because the lack or excess of hormones will give you a stunted or overgrown face
Okay so you believe it's slightly positive in the range I gave.

Okay so you believe it's slightly positive in the range I gave.
well only if you're a turbomanlet because they usually have growth deficiencies or genetic mutations causing them to be that short

yeah, the ones that don't are quite rare
This slightly implies a negative correlation then, unless you think that taller people abruptly start not being able to have compact faces, compared to a smooth transition.

Taller people tend to have poor sphenoids which in turn leads to poor cranofacial growth. I have a theory on this that desks, chairs etc in school/college fucks up cranofacial development especially for taller people as those chairs/desks wasnt designed for them.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725 and Deleted member 9670
well only if you're a turbomanlet because they usually have growth deficiencies or genetic mutations causing them to be that short
You've got to consider 5'3-5'5 can be fairly normal for a lot of people. In America no, but globally yes

Taller people tend to have poor sphenoids which in turn leads to poor cranofacial growth. I have a theory on this that desks, chairs etc in school/college fucks up cranofacial development especially for taller people as those chairs/desks wasnt designed for them.
ye tall people tend to have worse posture

I think tall people have worse craniofacial development on average

I'm confused who is voting for positively correlated. I've only seen arguments for negative correlation. If you voted positive, let everyone know why

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
I'm confused who is voting for positively correlated. I've only seen arguments for negative correlation. If you voted positive, let everyone know why
I voted positive because tall people have longer splanchnocraniums on average

ye tall people tend to have worse posture

I think tall people have worse craniofacial development on average
The law of diminishing returns never fail to appease. I have a 6'6 friend with narrow palate, horrible posture, balding, he even had 1 of his canine teeth removed because his palate was so narrow it couldnt fit.

tall people have longer faces and skulls
That's good (to a certain extent)
Most chads like Gandy, Morrone have tall skulls and they're 6'2
Too much long face is failo ofc

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot, Mewton and Deleted member 9670
I voted positive because tall people have longer splanchnocraniums on average
So you think taller people look better than short people? Are you confused about what positively correlated means

So you think taller people look better than short people? Are you confused about what positively correlated means
Just saying because typically people say longer face is worse on this forum.

yes I think tall ppl look better

That's good (to a certain extent)
Most chads like Gandy, Morrone have tall skulls and they're 6'2
Too much long face is failo ofc
yes I meant it as a good trait

• +1
Reactions: gamma
Waiting for @LooksOverAll to argue for negative correlation 😂😂

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15302
You've got to consider 5'3-5'5 can be fairly normal for a lot of people. In America no, but globally yes
they are ethnics so they will look like shit regardless

no it isn't, below 5'5 or above 6'5 you can't really be good-looking though because the lack or excess of hormones will give you a stunted or overgrown face
kelly oubre disagrees

Looksoveralls me

I honestly think it is a slight negative correlation, it is just halo effect from height that makes people think taller people are more handsome. obviously it is better to be tall, but most of the giga chad faces you see are under 6'. I think someone tall and handsome is quite rare actually, and short and handsome is more common.

Don't think they're correlated
Being tall is more prone to give you a long midface tho

I'd say that below 5'8 you are likely to be uglier because there's a chance you lacked growth hormone and that's why you're so short. Also over 6'1 you probably will be uglier because of bad posture, not sure if it's because of the world not being suited for them (desks/chairs in school suited to average height not them, seats in cars/buses etc.) or just because of the height itself. All my tall friends have poor posture which led them to have a melted face apart from 2 (one is a natural chewer, the other got lucky i guess).

FIrst you need to specify what correlation is... then what is negative vs positive... for people with 70 IQ... :unsure:

Slightly positive correlation because of skull size.

Imagine Jason Momoas head on a 5'2 guy, JFL :ROFLMAO:

I honestly think it is a slight negative correlation, it is just halo effect from height that makes people think taller people are more handsome. obviously it is better to be tall, but most of the giga chad faces you see are under 6'. I think someone tall and handsome is quite rare actually, and short and handsome is more common.
Nonsense, guys under 5'5 always look like weaklings no matter how fat and muscular they get, their faces are just underdeveloped (Joe Pesci, Elijah Wood etc..)

De Niro (5'8) has a normally developed face, compared to Pesci (5'3), you will NEVER see a face shape and size of De Niro on a 5'3 guy such as Pesci:
gallery-1491209599-goodfellas1.jpg