Is getting enough protein really important for building muscle?

BornAgainChad

BornAgainChad

Sexy incel
I see a lot of normalfags saying that protein intake is the holy grail of muscle hypertrophy/growth. Is this true?

Asking because I don't consistently eat enough protein.

Yes, you sissified cuck.
JK lol, but srs. You need to consume proteins to repair your muscles.

1g/kg of bodyweight is the ideal amount. Any more than that and you're putting stress on your kidneys.

• +1
Reactions: kobecel
Yes, you sissified cuck.
JK lol, but srs. You need to consume proteins to repair your muscles.
I'm gonna go cri now thanks. :feelsokman:
I've been skipping meals once in awhile and not eating protein rich foods, which could be why I can't build muscle.

1g/kg of bodyweight is the ideal amount. Any more than that and you're putting stress on your kidneys.
I luckily have whey protein powder, which is great because I don't have access to high protein foods. I haven't been using it though.
Also, I'm ectomorphic.

I've been skipping meals once in awhile and not eating protein rich foods, which could be why I can't build muscle.

I luckily have whey protein powder, which is great because I don't have access to high protein foods. I haven't been using it though.
Also, I'm ectomorphic.
Use it.

Also, I'm ectomorphic.
I mean, can't you eat cheese or nuts?

i don't want to be mean or anything
but you're retarded

Protein itself is the most important macro for building muscle, but how much protein you need to consume is usually overrated af. This is mainly because steroid users have elevated muscle-protein synthesis time-window and the rate of the synthesis is also elevated, therefore they can benefit from larger amounts of protein compared to ppl w/o roids. These are the people who preach ridic. protein numbers you gotta consume daily while only a fraction of that protein will actually absorb, unless you inject.

• +1
Reactions: BornAgainChad
Protein itself is the most important macro for building muscle, but how much protein you need to consume is usually overrated af. This is mainly because steroid users have elevated muscle-protein synthesis time-window and the rate of the synthesis is also elevated, therefore they can benefit from larger amounts of protein compared to ppl w/o roids. These are the people who preach ridic. protein numbers you gotta consume daily while only a fraction of that protein will actually absorb, unless you inject.
Yes and AAS's also influence, to a large extent, nutrient partitioning. So the carbs are used for muscle building much more than for being stored as bodyfat.

• +1
Reactions: BornAgainChad and Deleted member 483
Ah, I get what you're saying. So would an average guy like me benefit from supplementing protein at all?

I'm looking to get big and ripped btw. I don't care too much about definition as long as I can get a decent vue shape and a lot of muscle.

Ah, I get what you're saying. So would an average guy like me benefit from supplementing protein at all?

I'm looking to get big and ripped btw. I don't care too much about definition as long as I can get a decent vue shape and a lot of muscle.

Yes supplementing with protein is very helpful, but you don't need to stress on it or overdo it. Eat, train hard, eat good amount of protein, watch your kcal intake and you're going to grow

• +1
Yes supplementing with protein is very helpful, but you don't need to stress on it or overdo it. Eat, train hard, eat good amount of protein, watch your kcal intake and you're going to grow
How many minutes a day do I need to work out to grow? Also, how long should my rest periods be?

How many minutes a day do I need to work out to grow? Also, how long should my rest periods be?
3x a week, 30-40 mins is enough for me. focus on getting stronger to get bigger

• +1

it's all relative tbh, it's different person to person, both rest periods and "how many minutes" you gotta train. you have a to research a lot about it to understand how and why muscle tissue grows. i'd recommend checking @Nibba 's gymceling thread out

• +1
Reactions: BornAgainChad and Nibba
I see a lot of normalfags saying that protein intake is the holy grail of muscle hypertrophy/growth. Is this true?

You need all your macros to build muscle. Just eating protein is retarded. Carbs are very important for "bulk" and fullness and healthy fats are good for t levels

3x a week, 30-40 mins is enough for me. focus on getting stronger to get bigger
I always had the idea that you had to do it for a crazy amount of time. Maybe I'm overtraining myself and that's why I can't grow? :feelsokman:

You need all your macros to build muscle. Just eating protein is retarded. Carbs are very important for "bulk" and fullness and healthy fats are good for t levels
What's the ideal carb range? I'm probably on a carb/calorie deficit because I skip meals sometimes.

Also, how do I stop being skinnyfat? Cardio?

I always had the idea that you had to do it for a crazy amount of time. Maybe I'm overtraining myself and that's why I can't grow? :feelsokman:

What's the ideal carb range? I'm probably on a carb/calorie deficit because I skip meals sometimes.

Also, how do I stop being skinnyfat? Cardio?
no dumbass. lift weights, get brutally strong on the basic movements

I can squat 140kg for 5 reps ass to grass and my calves have never been better

I thrust my dick in the vags of sluts at lightspeed and they all cum all over my face with the pussy-juice. It's delicious fountain water.
You need strong legs to be good at fucking foids

You should aim for at least 100-120g of protein per day.
Which is like 4x 100g chicken breast fillets tbh.

• +1
no dumbass. lift weights, get brutally strong on the basic movements

I can squat 140kg for 5 reps ass to grass and my calves have never been better

I thrust my dick in the vags of sluts at lightspeed and they all cum all over my face with the pussy-juice. It's delicious fountain water.
You need strong legs to be good at fucking foids
Well definition isn't really a priority with me, it's just that I want to have abs too. I've been skinnyfat for awhile and it's frustrating.

I'll probably stick with the protein supplements. It's easier for me to get my protein requirements that way.

LOL at this dumb nigger. Autistic, has trash genes and is dumb as a rock. It's over.

Don't listen to him OP. 1g/kg of bodyweight is all you need. You wanna see my abs, no homo?

Well definition isn't really a priority with me, it's just that I want to have abs too. I've been skinnyfat for awhile and it's frustrating.

I'll probably stick with the protein supplements. It's easier for me to get my protein requirements that way.
Meat has vitamins that are needed to regulate hormone production, so If anything, I'd limit your protein from supplements to about 40-50g, and the rest should come from meat.

Large amounts of protein, in particular the amino acid leucine, stimulate the mTOR pathway, which leads to muscle growth. I don't eat a lot of protein (~70g per day), mostly because of personal preference (I don't eat meat, and even when I did my protein intake wasn't very high). Studies on protein supplementation sometimes show favorable results in terms of muscle growth, especially when in a caloric deficit to shed body fat. I've heard it recommended to eat 1.8-2 grams of protein per kilogram of bodyweight daily for muscle gain, and even more can be effective in weight loss/muscle gain diets. Keep in mind that the mTOR pathway also promotes cancer growth, so if you choose to eat massive amounts of protein see it as temporary.

LOL at this dumb nigger. Autistic, has trash genes and is dumb as a rock. It's over.

Don't listen to him OP. 1g/kg of bodyweight is all you need. You wanna see my abs, no homo?
It just seems outrageous that you'd have to eat 4 chicken fillets everyday just to grow, let alone that much protein. From what I heard carbs are most important, and I'm not getting enough of it obviously.

Yeah, no homo. :feelsokman:

Meat has vitamins that are needed to regulate hormone production, so If anything, I'd limit your protein from supplements to about 40-50g, and the rest should come from meat.
I do try to supplement with meat whenever possible, along with some veggies for minerals. 50g sounds more realistic tbh.

It's just too easy to eat nothing but garbage food. :feelsree:

It just seems outrageous that you'd have to eat 4 chicken fillets everyday just to grow, let alone that much protein. From what I heard carbs are most important, and I'm not getting enough of it obviously.

Yeah, no homo. :feelsokman:

I do try to supplement with meat whenever possible, along with some veggies for minerals.
Yes, carbs and fats are much more important for muscle gains. Still, 1g/kg of bodyweight must be met as a requirement.

I'll show my abs, I'mma take a pic no homo

Every meal should have 40 g protein, 30 g carbs, 10 g fats

• +1
Yes, it is essential but once you reached the required protein threshold for your muscles to repair and grow, consuming more protein won't give you more gains. You don't need protein supplement if your diet includes enough protein in it which is easily doable if you pay attention to your protein consumption.

Last edited:
  • +1
Yes, it is essential but once you reached the required protein threshold for your muscles to repair and growth, consuming more protein won't give you more gains. You don't need protein supplement if your diet includes enough protein in it which is easily doable if you pay attention to your protein consumption.
I'm kind of a lazy fuck though and like to have my meals on-the-fly rather than spend time counting macronutrients, so I'd rather just eat a typical meal and supplement.
Every meal should have 40 g protein, 30 g carbs, 10 g fats
This is pretty helpful, thanks.

The younger you are the less you need and the more efficiently your body allocates and processes the protein. That said literally eat as much as you can theres no downside. More protein all other things equal will just increase your metabolism and lean body mass.

2 cans of 425 gram tuna a day added onto whatever you eat now would be enough.
3 cans if you're a big boy.

Eat 1 gram per kilo if you're goal is to be a twink.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite

It is important but it’s overhyped by supplement industry to sell their bullshit products

never count just eat meat