is gonial angle bs?

bobsmith03

bobsmith03

Diamond
There is a relationship with ramus and mandible body. The shorter the ramus, the longer the mandible. The longer the ramus, the shorter the mandible.

There is another relationship, it is downward growth and angularity of the ramus.

Here jordan barret has a short ramus, long mandible but high gonial angle, why? because gonial angle doesn't mean anything, its all about this:

Instead of gonial angle we should look at this angle, which we will call mandible to floor angle i.e. how parallel is your mandible to the floor

The interesting thing we see is that the more straight the ramus is, the more you are downground I think. Below is an example of my jaw:

gonial angle above is not >130, its actually 119deg

The mandible to floor angle is 27deg which indicates I am downward grown and lack forward growth of mandible. My ramus is 3cm and my mandible (gonion to mid chin) is 12.7cm

Back to Barret. his mandible to floor angle is 15 deg:

People with forward grown mandible all of have a low mandible-to-floor angle, and a diagonal ramus. To test this yourself jut your head out and look up, if your ramus is straight af then you are probably downward grown, if its at an angle then you've got forward growth.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: oxymoron, 5'7 zoomer, Krakowski and 3 others
Is Barretts chin recessed?

• JFL
Reactions: WhiteGoodman, Deleted member 41749 and PseudoMaxxer
cope harder
bro ur so low iq. jordan barret mogs u with a short ramus because he has a high gonial angle. the higher gonial angle on a short ramus the better. with a long ramus you need a low gonial angle to mog

also this post wasn't about coping lol wtf,

• +1
Reactions: WhiteGoodman

my side profile morph, as you can see the gonial angle is now higher but the mandible to floor angle has decreased.

Does anyone know if bimax (bsso + lefort 1) can achieve results like this?

bro ur so low iq. jordan barret mogs u with a short ramus because he has a high gonial angle. the higher gonial angle on a short ramus the better. with a long ramus you need a low gonial angle to mog

also this post wasn't about coping lol wtf,
over for u lil bro not even a graycel copes this hard

What is even your point, gonial angle is an indicator of one’s degree of downgrowth relative to the ramus, but if the ramus is high or low it impacts it.

And yes when you tilt your head up it impacts the angle of the mandible and ramus

Not sure how you measured your jaw at the chin but it’s definitely not just under 13 centimeters long from 90 degrees angle at the temple

• Hmm...
Reactions: Allornothing
What is even your point, gonial angle is an indicator of one’s degree of downgrowth relative to the ramus, but if the ramus is high or low it impacts it.

And yes when you tilt your head up it impacts the angle of the mandible and ramus

Not sure how you measured your jaw at the chin but it’s definitely not just under 13 centimeters long from 90 degrees angle at the temple
my gonial angle is 115 deg. ppl who suffer from downward growth have a straight ramus not diagonal. after ccw the ramus becomes diagonal, it increases gonial angle, it makes mandible more parallel to floor.

my gonion to mid chin is 12.7cm, i measured irl with tape measure.

My ramus is 3 cm from ear to gonion, If I got some more ccw, that would increase my ramus to around 4.5-5cm, it would increase my gonial angle but more importantly, it would make my mandible more parrelel to floor.

This is my point, gonial angle doesn't mean anything when it comes to showing if your downgrown or not. Mandible to floor angle is more important. Ratio of ramus with mandible is more important

• +1
Reactions: andothamando
Dude i think i found one more similar failo. If you want to discuss it hit PM's

People here get gonial angle wrong. The only reason it is considered masculine is that for a fixed chin height and mandible length, if the ramus is longer, then mathematically speaking the angle the jaw forms with the horizontal plane must be lower. For a fixed ramus length though, lower gonial angle = shorter chin which is less masc. High gonial angle is only unattractive when it is due to downward growth signalled by an antegonial notch and downward sloping philtrum. High gonial angle is ideal as long as it is due to a tall chin.

People here get gonial angle wrong. The only reason it is considered masculine is that for a fixed chin height and mandible length, if the ramus is longer, then mathematically speaking the angle the jaw forms with the horizontal plane must be lower. For a fixed ramus length though, lower gonial angle = shorter chin which is less masc. High gonial angle is only unattractive when it is due to downward growth signalled by an antegonial notch and downward sloping philtrum. High gonial angle is ideal as long as it is due to a tall chin.
Ah I see. So if I got a slanted tall ramus, curved concave philtrum and a high gonial angle of 130 degrees, then I should not think about doing trimax? Even though I'm 99% sure I'm downward grown?

Ah I see. So if I got a slanted tall ramus, curved concave philtrum and a high gonial angle of 130 degrees, then I should not think about doing trimax? Even though I'm 99% sure I'm downward grown?
You can have a high gonial angle with no downward growth it’s just rare. The slant of your upper teeth from the side will tell you how downward grown you are.

• +1
Reactions: greycel
You can have a high gonial angle with no downward growth it’s just rare. The slant of your upper teeth from the side will tell you how downward grown you are.
How should they be slanted?

The thing is I had severe buck teeth (class 2 malloclusion, not genetic growing up), and it was due to severe mouth breathing for many years. Then I had braces with elastics that fixed this overbite by pushing back my maxilla to match the down grown mandible. Then I wore retainers. I also had 4 premolar extractions that made my zygos anteriorly recessed and prevented my upper maxilla from growing. I also had braces for 7 years lmao.

I think it is environment tbh. My dad has a gonial angle of 115-120 with a very tall ramus. I don't think the slant would tell me much due to the braces but given the fact that they were buck teeth when I was younger they were angled so forward they went infront of my bottom lip. So I think I am very downward grown. For some reason my genial angle is only 130 degrees though, which tbh may be fixable with 10 degree ccw bimax.

I just want to increase ramus length, but I heard you need implants for that. In that case, shouldn't you just chew instead. As I clenched my teeth for the last few months and my ramus increased in length, philtrum got a tiny bit longer and chin tiny bit smaller. It does a cow rotation with the increased ramus length. Only downside is I got a wide jaw and if I chew anymore it will be wider than my bizygomatic, and it will be a looksmin. Maybe I should wait for a while for buccinator atrophy then I can restart chewing. My gonions were very inwards before and now my left is neutral and my right is close to neutral. I achieved this not by hard clenching, but soft clenching in only a few months (but I had a good bite due to the orthodontics I did when u was younger).

I also got a long midface (both parents have compact), recessed upper maxilla, lower maxilla projects but not as much as it should I feel. Paranasal depression, deep canine fossa, crooked nose. Classic mouth breather face.

The thing is I had severe buck teeth (class 2 malloclusion, not genetic growing up), and it was due to severe mouth breathing for many years. Then I had braces with elastics that fixed this overbite by pushing back my maxilla to match the down grown mandible. Then I wore retainers. I also had 4 premolar extractions that made my zygos anteriorly recessed and prevented my upper maxilla from growing. I also had braces for 7 years lmao.

I think it is environment tbh. My dad has a gonial angle of 115-120 with a very tall ramus. I don't think the slant would tell me much due to the braces but given the fact that they were buck teeth when I was younger they were angled so forward they went infront of my bottom lip. So I think I am very downward grown. For some reason my genial angle is only 130 degrees though, which tbh may be fixable with 10 degree ccw bimax.

I just want to increase ramus length, but I heard you need implants for that. In that case, shouldn't you just chew instead. As I clenched my teeth for the last few months and my ramus increased in length, philtrum got a tiny bit longer and chin tiny bit smaller. It does a cow rotation with the increased ramus length. Only downside is I got a wide jaw and if I chew anymore it will be wider than my bizygomatic, and it will be a looksmin. Maybe I should wait for a while for buccinator atrophy then I can restart chewing. My gonions were very inwards before and now my left is neutral and my right is close to neutral. I achieved this not by hard clenching, but soft clenching in only a few months (but I had a good bite due to the orthodontics I did when u was younger).
I also got 4 of my premolars taken out and my cheekbones have little forward growth

• +1
Reactions: greycel
There is a relationship with ramus and mandible body. The shorter the ramus, the longer the mandible. The longer the ramus, the shorter the mandible.

There is another relationship, it is downward growth and angularity of the ramus.

View attachment 2461799
Here jordan barret has a short ramus, long mandible but high gonial angle, why? because gonial angle doesn't mean anything, its all about this:

View attachment 2461800
Instead of gonial angle we should look at this angle, which we will call mandible to floor angle i.e. how parallel is your mandible to the floor

The interesting thing we see is that the more straight the ramus is, the more you are downground I think. Below is an example of my jaw:

View attachment 2461806
gonial angle above is not >130, its actually 119deg

View attachment 2461807
The mandible to floor angle is 27deg which indicates I am downward grown and lack forward growth of mandible. My ramus is 3cm and my mandible (gonion to mid chin) is 12.7cm

Back to Barret. his mandible to floor angle is 15 deg:
View attachment 2461813

People with forward grown mandible all of have a low mandible-to-floor angle, and a diagonal ramus. To test this yourself jut your head out and look up, if your ramus is straight af then you are probably downward grown, if its at an angle then you've got forward growth.
Mel no gonial angle too high or low makes you look feminine or squashed lower third