Is having a full 8 hours of sleep really necessary for GH production?

psycophsez

psycophsez

Bronze
The SWS (deep sleep) stage is responsible for most of the waste removal and brain "regeneration" (for lack of a better word). This is important because most increase in GH levels occurs during this phase. Usually, though, SWS sleep stops occurring by the third sleep cycle, which starts after 3 hours. In fact, GH production peaks even before that, and it's basically nonexistent 4 hours in, as shown by these two graphs:

Graph1
Graph2

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC297368/?page=5

Even though there are still spikes of production after that, perhaps it is possible to get them while following a polyphasic sleeping schedule? It's known that adapting to polyphasic sleep schedules leads to sleep deprivation, but does it lead to a significant amount of less GH production?

This is obviously relevant to heightmaxxing/pubertymaxxing. I haven't looked into how this would be affected by peptides and related things, but it seems safe to assume that the secretion times will be similar. If you're already on GH stack, would it make that much of a difference?

Just some thoughts. I plan to look deeper into this when I get the chance. What do you guys think though?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: GigaAscender, Deleted member 2227, Dicklet.4.3 and 1 other person
Bump
Is sleep very important for face aestehetic ?

• +1
Reactions: Dicklet.4.3
Bump
Is sleep very important for face aestehetic ?
yes. if you didn't sleep enough, you have rings around the eyes, bloated face, worse hormones. I actually notice that, I look more bloated and feminine when Im on a trip with friends where we don't sleep a lot, I even got called ugly once there, even tho usually Im average

• +1
Reactions: Justttt, randomguy1235, IWantToMax and 3 others
yes. if you didn't sleep enough, you have rings around the eyes, bloated face, worse hormones. I actually notice that, I look more bloated and feminine when Im on a trip with friends where we don't sleep a lot, I even got called ugly once there, even tho usually Im average

How much do you sleep ? I sleep like 6-7hrs per night at 17yo

Just sleep as much you need

Sleep all that you can but dont make intervals between.
When you feel tired just rest close your eyes and sleep

Nah obviously its just a cope like"nofap no shit" nonsense but maybe valid in pubescent years

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Toth's thot and Slob
8 hour arm workout is more important

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SayNoToRotting, Slob, Deleted member 2587 and 2 others
8-10 at 18
Same, when I m on vacation I look much better because I can sleep. I literally dont go out with my mates sometimes because I crash if I dont get sleep.
Tldr SLEEP GUY, SLEEP

• +1
Reactions: GoMadAndSTFU and Deleted member 2621
i'll drop the redpill:
just sleep as much as you needd, regularly
go to sleep the same hour, wake up the same hour

thats it
some people need 6 hours, some people need 7, some people need 8, some need 9
just see how much do you need

• +1
Reactions: GoMadAndSTFU
legit
If I sleep 6 hours, I look like utter shit
If I sleep 8-9 hours, I look MESMERIZING

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Justttt and GoMadAndSTFU
i used to sleep 3-4 h in highschool

What your age? people stop growing at 14 so this doesn't even matter.

sleep quality over quantity. sleep in a dark, cold room, same time everyday. I would say atleast 6hrs and always get to sleep before 12 if you can help it.

[QUOTE = "OwlGod, post: 1090742, membre: 2227"]
Quel âge as-tu? les gens arrêtent de grandir à 14 ans, donc cela n'a pas d'importance.
[/CITATION]

img]

giphy.gif

What your age? people stop growing at 14 so this doesn't even matter.
Wrong I got my growth spurt at 14 and went from like 167-178 cm in a year

chad stays up until 3 AM in the morning talking to multiple girls

he then wakes up at 6:AM to go to football practice.

chad doesn't need growth hormone.

• +1
Reactions: TylerDurden and prgfromnl
Most people who get good, long sleep will be better in this regard than people who do not. Plain and simple. There are very few shortcuts to this simple hormonemaxx

opioids also release gh and reduce cortisol production, but they also lower testosterone in something like 80% of men which stops when you stop taking them