Is it even worth it to lift with a suboptimal diet?

gynomaxxed

gynomaxxed

Iron
I am 15 so I can't buy my own food nor get a job. I have a decent gym in my house (Half rack, shitty Dick's Sporting Goods barbell, good amount of weights, adjustable dumbbells, etc.). Basically just free weights. If I do lift, I will probably run a 4 day upper lower split with bench press, overhead dumbbell press, barbell rows on upper body days and squats, front squats, and romanian deadlifts on lower body days. As for diet, I will probably eat a little above my maintenance calories of foods like eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, 85/15 ground beef (IK it's fatty, but it's the best I got), rice, fruits, and vegetables. Obviously its not the most optimal way to put on muscle. Opinions?

• +1
Reactions: iabsolvejordan
I am 15 so I can't buy my own food nor get a job. I have a decent gym in my house (Half rack, shitty Dick's Sporting Goods barbell, good amount of weights, adjustable dumbbells, etc.). Basically just free weights. If I do lift, I will probably run a 4 day upper lower split with bench press, overhead dumbbell press, barbell rows on upper body days and squats, front squats, and romanian deadlifts on lower body days. As for diet, I will probably eat a little above my maintenance calories of foods like eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, 85/15 ground beef (IK it's fatty, but it's the best I got), rice, fruits, and vegetables. Obviously its not the most optimal way to put on muscle. Opinions?
Just move fucking metal u autistic nerd

Sub optimal -🤓🤓🤓

• +1
Reactions: roman7
Better than not lifting and having a suboptimal diet

• +1
Just life weights and get lean bro. that is basically all it comes down to. people can squabble over splits and all that but at the end of the day train hard and eat appropriatly and you will be fine

You need to have money to gymcel optimally
I’m sorry bro

• +1
this is suboptimal as you haven't included any hair-playing
@Phxx

• +1
Reactions: Phxx
A 4-day upper/lower split is a solid choice for someone starting out. Make sure to focus on compound exercises like bench press, overhead press, rows, squats, and deadlifts, as these will give you the most bang for your buck in terms of muscle growth and strength development. Consistency and progressive overload (gradually increasing the weight lifted over time) are key principles to follow.

• +1
are we the same person wtf

People will make up anything to not lift heavy weights go to the gym lazy assn igga

There's absolutely nothing suboptimal about your diet. For real dude, you're still growing, don't worry too much about how lean or fatty your meat is ( unless you're obese of course)