Is it normal to lose weight on a bulk?

C

CEO of Sex

Perfect Illusion
I'm a DYEL and this is my first bulk. I am definitely eating more but i'm losing weight.

Is this just recomp? Like i'm gaining muscle and losing fat, thus increasing my metabolism?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 17735
it's only normal if you hit the gym twice a day

• +1
Reactions: CEO of Sex
it's only normal if you hit the gym twice a day
Once obviously. Forgot to mention that I am making solid strength gains too. Before I started bulking and weighed more, I hit a plateau.

• +1
Reactions: Bonez
No it's impossible, a bulk = calorie surplus.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12002 and CEO of Sex
No it's impossible, a bulk = calorie surplus.
yeah but doesn't your metabolism also increase as you gain muscle? I'm a DYEL so any small change would probably affect it.

yeah but doesn't your metabolism also increase as you gain muscle? I'm a DYEL so any small change would probably affect it.
Yes it does, muscle tissue needs 2x the energy than fat requires. A bulk = calorie surplus, which means you will gain weight regardless of your muscle to fat ratio

if you're not gaining weight while bulking you aren't bulking.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: SoonToAscend and Deleted member 12002
if you're not gaining weight while bulking you aren't bulking.
I am eating what I was before, except I also eat 500 calories of peanut butter now too. It's definitely a bulk. But so far I lost 2KG.

I am eating what I was before, except I also eat 500 calories of peanut butter now too. It's definitely a bulk. But so far I lost 2KG.
Are you stupid, that's not a bulk just because you ate 500 calories worth of peanut butter doesn't make it a bulk. A BULK IS CALORIE SURPLUS WHICH MEANS YOU GAIN WEIGHT.

Are you stupid, that's not a bulk just because you ate 500 calories worth of peanut butter doesn't make it a bulk. A BULK IS CALORIE SURPLUS WHICH MEANS YOU GAIN WEIGHT.
Yes, before that I was at the same weight for months so it was my maintenance. Now i'm adding an extra 500 calories, give or take, which makes it a bulk :feelsuhh:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: SoonToAscend and Deleted member 17735
Yes, before that I was at the same weight for months so it was my maintenance. Now i'm adding an extra 500 calories, give or take, which makes it a bulk :feelsuhh:
JFL at your conclusion

JFL at your conclusion
????
Can you explain where i'm wrong? I was eating the same shit everyday and I stayed the exact same weight. Now i'm eating the same shit I was back then except i'm also eating an extra 500 calories of peanut butter.

????
Can you explain where i'm wrong? I was eating the same shit everyday and I stayed the exact same weight. Now i'm eating the same shit I was back then except i'm also eating an extra 500 calories of peanut butter.
Yes and for how long? You don't drop 2 kg in a day unless it's water weight from lowering carb intake

Yes and for how long? You don't drop 2 kg in a day unless it's water weight from lowering carb intake
Around 2 months or so. I always check in the mornings.

Average low iq gymmaxer kek

????
Muscle weights more than fat and requires more calories to sustain.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17735
Around 2 months or so. I always check in the mornings.
You ate and extra 500 calories for 2 months from what you used to eat and you lost 2 kg? If that's the case you didn't do a bulk just because you ate 500 calories worth of peanut butter on top of your regular diet.

You ate and extra 500 calories for 2 months from what you used to eat and you lost 2 kg? If that's the case you didn't do a bulk just because you ate 500 calories worth of peanut butter on top of your regular diet.
Before I added the extra 500 calories I was the same weight for months, if not years so it was obviously my maintenance. I've also started making strength gains again after plateauing for a long time. Clearly it's working for me.

Before I added the extra 500 calories I was the same weight for months, if not years so it was obviously my maintenance. I've also started making strength gains again after plateauing for a long time. Clearly it's working for me.
Okay I don't really care what you did or didn't do. I just wanted to answer your thread title which not it's not normal because you don't lose weight on a bulk.

i had same problem, gonna get tested cystic fibrosis soon lol

• +1
how does ur shit look?

• JFL
brah what kind of peanut butter are you eating? if you are eating the crunchy peanut butter, 500 calories is more like 100 because its a solid.

go for the smooth peanut butter those calories are more real gl bra

• Woah
brah what kind of peanut butter are you eating? if you are eating the crunchy peanut butter, 500 calories is more like 100 because its a solid.

go for the smooth peanut butter those calories are more real gl bra
I usually pick one at random. Didn't know smooth is better. I'll get that from now.

Probably u track ur calories wrong

Gym sessions burn 500 calories .
Stop doing these shit calculations and eat until you feel sick so u actually gain some weight

Gym sessions burn 500 calories .
Stop doing these shit calculations and eat until you feel sick so u actually gain some weight
I don't want to be a bloatlord either

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
Hinder your overall growth because muh bloat , gaining>>losing
in that case i'd be losing facial aesthetics. Would rather do it slowly so I don't become an obese powershitter.

Sounds like you need to eat a lot more excess calories due to fast metabolism. You are limiting your gains now. Even extra hamburgers pizza etc would be good in your case.

• +1
in that case i'd be losing facial aesthetics. Would rather do it slowly so I don't become an obese powershitter.
You re not becoming obese nor will you look good anytime soon , keep "recomping" hindering body development if ur under 20 boyo :ogre:

Bro just spend 3 minutes making a cronometer account and writing what you eat, see if it's more than you burn. You can add exercise to account for calories burned.

• +1