Is it possible to be very lean/skinny and still not have a visible jawline?

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
Pics if it is tbh

Yeah. Thats happen when you store fat in face instead of other side of body.

How can you prevent that?
It depends on your genes. Some people need to go unhealthy weight to gain that. Some people cannot even get rid of it by leaning. Thats why some people do buccal fat operation..

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member and Preoximerianas
yes. are u birdcel :owo:

• JFL
Reactions: subhuman incel and Birdcell
Pics if it is tbh
It's possible and the #1 indicator for jaw/chin surgeries/implants/fillers :what: But on a serious note, probably not if sub 12%. You can be skinny and not lean though which a lot of people are (including me)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14160 and DivineBeing
It's possible and the #1 indicator for jaw/chin surgeries/implants/fillers :what: But on a serious note, probably not if sub 12%. You can be skinny and not lean though which a lot of people are (including me)
James has robust jawline. I think its more about shit fat storing genes in his case.

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
James has robust jawline. I think its more about shit fat storing genes in his case.
Always possible, but if sub 12, let's say max 10% then at that point you accept youre fucked genes wise and need to do smth about it. Cause single digit % isnt very easy to keep up with

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and Deleted member 16989
Yes. It mostly depends on genetics for fat distribution and for the bones of the face.

If you don't have high cheekbones or if your body stores fat in your face a lot, then you won't have a chiseled jawline.

In my cases, I can have a chiseled jawline even at 15% body fat, but I have never had a six pack, because my body stores most of the fat in my stomach, and my face is the last part where fat can end up.

A good example of this is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, even though he is extremely lean (due to steroid use), he doesn't have a chiseled jawline and he doesn't even have a six pack, but you can see that his muscles are very defined.
His fat distribution genetics for both his stomach and his jaw are very bad, that is why he has never had defined six pack abs, even though he is extremely muscular and lean.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17201, Preoximerianas and Deleted member 16989
The biggest fuck up is being lean all your life with a boneless narrow lower third together with vertically deficient recessed maxilla.

Not that I might have that but there's nothing more brutal. Be thankful if you are just a fat normie who lacks some "jawline definition"

Yes. It mostly depends on genetics for fat distribution and for the bones of the face.

If you don't have high cheekbones or if your body stores fat in your face a lot, then you won't have a chiseled jawline.

In my cases, I can have a chiseled jawline even at 15% body fat, but I have never had a six pack, because my body stores most of the fat in my stomach, and my face is the last part where fat can end up.

A good example of this is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, even though he is extremely lean (due to steroid use), he doesn't have a chiseled jawline and he doesn't even have a six pack, but you can see that his muscles are very defined.
His fat distribution genetics for both his stomach and his jaw are very bad, that is why he has never had defined six pack abs, even though he is extremely muscular and lean.
nOT TRUe. You can have low set cheekbones and still have that chiseled look

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15302, datboijj, Preoximerianas and 1 other person
The biggest fuck up is being lean all your life with a boneless narrow lower third together with vertically deficient recessed maxilla.

Not that I might have that but there's nothing more brutal. Be thankful if you are just a fat normie who lacks some "jawline definition"
Yeah both narrow and short face is brutal. My face is short + compact but luckily I have a wide lower third

Unlike what you may have read on this forum, the jaw isn't the main factor that determines how good a face looks, it's just one of many.

There are many actors who don't have the best jaw who still look great just because of really good harmony.
And many people who have a chiseled jaw who look ugly.

Leaner isn't always better.

• +1
Reactions: datboijj and Preoximerianas
almost anything is possible

• Love it
Reactions: datboijj
  • JFL
Reactions: DivineBeing
Yeah both narrow and short face is brutal. My face is short + compact but luckily I have a wide lower third
Well yeah my midface is compact and bizygomatic probably close to average width, but a narrow lower jaw gives your whole face a weak and narrower appearence than it actually is

Somerhalder after

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas and JamesHowlett
Unlike what you may have read on this forum, the jaw isn't the main factor that determines how good a face looks, it's just one of many.

There are many actors who don't have the best jaw who still look great just because of really good harmony.
And many people who have a chiseled jaw who look ugly.

Leaner isn't always better.
Everything is important.

Good harmony is just a result of good cranofacial development (maxilla not too short/long, proper bite, etc).

It's just that my coloring/pheno/hair/skin, bascially everything that's somewhat able to be softmaxed, is 9/10. But my bone structure is complete garbage. My side profile xray is horrendous

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas
Everything is important.

Good harmony is just a result of good cranofacial development (maxilla not too short/long, proper bite, etc).

It's just that my coloring/pheno/hair/skin, bascially everything that's somewhat able to be softmaxed, is 9/10. But my bone structure is complete garbage. My side profile xray is horrendous
You can't have everything. Nobody is perfect. You can only aim to be the best version of yourself, that is what matters the most.

• JFL
Reactions: Need2Ascend
You can't have everything. Nobody is perfect. You can only aim to be the best version of yourself, that is what matters the most.
Easy to say when you are 6ft4 with normal/good facial bone structure.. but I agree with the last sentence

Easy to say when you are 6ft4 with normal/good facial bone structure.. but I agree with the last sentence
I'm very far from perfect.

I have sebborheic dermatitis around my nose and below my eyes.

I have eczema on my palms and wrists and it gets worse whenever I am not wearing gloves in subzero temperatures

I had to grow up with the worst type of underbite. (I only fixed it in July 2018 with a double jaw surgery, but only lost the bloating nearly 1 year later).

I have asthma.

I have ADHD combined with autism spectrum disorder and I need ADHD medication to take full advantage of my mental capacity and to be emotionally stable enough to keep a job and to focus in class.

I have such bad lower back posture that is so bad that whenever I do any kind of exercise or stand up for long periods of time, my lower back starts to hurt a lot.

I struggle so much to meet women that I have never kissed a woman, I have never been out on a date with a woman and I have never had sex either even though I am 23.

• So Sad
Reactions: Need2Ascend
Everything is important.

I have a very recessed maxilla too (pancake side profile), just curious if you're getting surgeries? And can you send side xray in dms?

What is it then?
a maxilla so recessed and cw rotated that even the nose curves down hard, forming a large "beak". a small mandible can accompany this, as can a recessed chin or a severe overbite, completing the truecel look but those aren't required for birdceldom :owo:

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas
a maxilla so recessed and cw rotated that even the nose curves down hard, forming a large "beak". a small mandible can accompany this, as can a recessed chin or a severe overbite, completing the truecel look but those aren't required for birdceldom :owo:
Well I’m clearly not a birdcell then lol

• Love it
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
You can be almost anorexic and still have subhuman fat distribution
Get a neck/jawline liposuction

This it? Praying for this lad.

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and datboijj
I'm very far from perfect.

I have sebborheic dermatitis around my nose and below my eyes.

I have eczema on my palms and wrists and it gets worse whenever I am not wearing gloves in subzero temperatures

I had to grow up with the worst type of underbite. (I only fixed it in July 2018 with a double jaw surgery, but only lost the bloating nearly 1 year later).

I have asthma.

I have ADHD combined with autism spectrum disorder and I need ADHD medication to take full advantage of my mental capacity and to be emotionally stable enough to keep a job and to focus in class.

I have such bad lower back posture that is so bad that whenever I do any kind of exercise or stand up for long periods of time, my lower back starts to hurt a lot.

I struggle so much to meet women that I have never kissed a woman, I have never been out on a date with a woman and I have never had sex either even though I am 23.
Most of these are health related. Do you try to actively find solutions to your issues? Google searching about that stuff on ray peat could help you, they know way more than guys here

About dating I have no clue for you because I've seen your pics, you mostly lack personality/brain function and not looks. For me it's the opposite in that regard

• JFL
Reactions: randomuser2407
Yeah I have the left one, you the same?
Mine is like the right. Total bone mass of my face is probably 1-2 percentile for my age not even kidding

If only facepulling would work like it should it would fix 95% of my problems..

• So Sad
Reactions: JamesHowlett
I have a very recessed maxilla too (pancake side profile), just curious if you're getting surgeries? And can you send side xray in dms?
I will need to get bimax very likely. No other options are there. I have forward orbitals and deepset eyes but my lower maxilla is too short vertically(shortface syndrom). My soft tissue(esp. upper lip) is way infront of my actual bone structure.
Never seen 1 single person that has it like that in my whole life. Mewing, chewing, etc just made everything worse for me.

• +1
Reactions: alainchalamet
Yup.

It's simply called being boneless.

• +1
Reactions: volcelfatcel