is it possible to get surgery abroad and have the plans/scans done in the same trip?

D

Deleted member 16683

Kraken
i am having serious trouble getting the scans i need because of all the administrative stuff that needs to be done. i need a 20x20 fov full head scan without a chin rest and supposedly my local dr couldn't refer me for that because the scan produces too much radiation according to him and it would be "unethical" for him to allow such a thing. i've gone back and forth between clinics, orthos, maxfacs and it seems i can't get what i need for the scan. i've started scheduling appointments and consults for my scan in may and i still have not gotten it

my question is, worse comes to worst, and i'm unable to get my scans done anywhere locally, would it be possible to get scans and planning done right before the surgery, like, let's say a month before? so i'd arrive in the country a month ahead and get the scans and get everything planned and then get the surgery.

• Love it
Reactions: pentamogged9000
depends on where youre going tbh, most gook countries will

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16683
Ask the surgeon

Most will be able to do the scans but depends on how much time they need for planning

I've heard of ones in Turkey doing the scans the day before the surgery

Ask the surgeon

Most will be able to do the scans but depends on how much time they need for planning

I've heard of ones in Turkey doing the scans the day before the surgery
i'm gonna email him rn

it's just that i'm not even sure that i can get it done even once i get past the administrative bullshit. one doctor told me that he couldn't refer me because the scan had too much "radiation" and he could not see that risk being reasonable for my solely aesthetic purposes.

i'm gonna email him rn

it's just that i'm not even sure that i can get it done even once i get past the administrative bullshit. one doctor told me that he couldn't refer me because the scan had too much "radiation" and he could not see that risk being reasonable for my solely aesthetic purposes.
Have places not been accepting your pagnoni referral or something? why do you need a local referral?

Have places not been accepting your pagnoni referral or something? why do you need a local referral?
i have no idea.

at one point i thought i managed to book the correct scan for him but then after further inquiry i was told the scan would be with a chin rest, and not even the full head. which was not what he wanted. so i cancelled it

i have no idea.

at one point i thought i managed to book the correct scan for him but then after further inquiry i was told the scan would be with a chin rest, and not even the full head. which was not what he wanted. so i cancelled it
What do you mean you have no idea? Do they ignore your inquiries?

Keep trying to find somewhere using the pagnoni referral, and do not mention it is for an aesthetic surgery, if they ask say its confidential patient information, and if they really really insist say sleep apnea or something

I don't know what is wrong with some countries on this. It's a pain in the ass in US and Canada but evidently effortless in other countries.

Are you having custom implants or just jaw surgery?

i'm gonna email him rn

dont get ct, get low dose cbct

Users who are viewing this thread

Back