Is it possible to look decent from the front but ugly from the side? (Side profile pic included)

D

Deleted member 32523

Iron
From the front, I look quite normal, but from the side, my nose sticks out too far and has a bump on it. My mouth also slopes away from the rest of my face making my nose the most forward point of my face. My eyebrows also curve around the side too much giving me a shark like appearance.

And yet, from the front and 3/4 view I look pretty normal. I would like a rhino to put everything into proportion but I have never been able to afford the money it would cost.

Edit: having a browse around it also looks like I suffer from a receding chin and jaw as it doesn't jut out enough to match the upper part of my face, primarily my nose/forehead.

I would say the difference is dramatic enough to knock me down from a high tide normie in the mirror to a low tied normie if I take a side profile pic with my phone. But if I even get slightly off an angle from a side profile, I start to look better.

Edit 2: I also may suffer from a slight wimp skull.

z7LuniBEM8

Last edited:
Dinaric race

• +1
Reactions: Rimaxtis
Side profile is cope.

• +1
Reactions: Deadweight, Vvvvxxxx, Descargue96 and 3 others
Old greek pheno omega mogger

Yes. Jaw and cheekbones can be angular and wide enough from front but still recessed

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30593
Yes. Jaw and cheekbones can be angular and wide enough from front but still recessed
Yes, I suffer from high cheek bones which I forgot to mention in my OP.

So it's like my nose, forehead and cheek bones are on one plane of existance and everything from my philtrum (upper lip) and downwards is on another plane of existance.

But it's like, if my jaw was longer, I would have an underbite, so my whole face needs redoing. But rhino would be a good start.

I've actually never seen someone with a face like mine before on this site, the closest thing I can think of is a birdcel, but I've got a jaw which is long enough to match my upper face but my upper face seems to have other ideas and wants to stick out even further!

Oh well, not much I can do about it without $$$.

Edit: I've just realised how to describe my face from the side "too many angles"! There is too much going on and not enough harmony. A rhino would go a long way towards reducing that angulararity.

Last edited:
Yes, I think that is the case with me.

As described in my above post, my face actually suffer from quite a lot of recession as the lower part of my face where my chin is doesn't come level with the upper part of my face. This is not visible from the front view at all.

I have illustrated my main profile failios in the picture below:

The main ones are; high cheek bones, nose too large/high up on face creating a beak like appearance; and low gonial angle. The only one I really noticed and have done since I was a teenager was my nose. But the more I analyse it the more I can see it's my overall face that is the problem which emphasises my nose even more. My jaw isn't long enough, but then if it was any longer I would have an underbite as it would overshoot the top part of my jaw.

And from the side, top part of my face and the bottom part are at different angles, like two slopes converging up on each other but misaligned.

My chin needs to come forwards but if it did, I would have an underbite so I don't know how that would theoretically be achieved.

Yes, I think that is the case with me.

As described in my above post, my face actually suffer from quite a lot of recession as the lower part of my face where my chin is doesn't come level with the upper part of my face. This is not visible from the front view at all.

I have illustrated my main profile failios in the picture below:

The main ones are; high cheek bones, nose too large/high up on face creating a beak like appearance; and low gonial angle. The only one I really noticed and have done since I was a teenager was my nose. But the more I analyse it the more I can see it's my overall face that is the problem which emphasises my nose even more. My jaw isn't long enough, but then if it was any longer I would have an underbite as it would overshoot the top part of my jaw.

And from the side, top part of my face and the bottom part are at different angles, like two slopes converging up on each other but misaligned.

My chin needs to come forwards but if it did, I would have an underbite so I don't know how that would theoretically be achieved.

rhino would be a good cope for your side profile if you cant/dont wanna mess with ur lower jaw

yes it's my case
i have decent front and don't look recessed
but then my side Is pretty bad because i have no chin

Side profile is cope, Jeremy meeks has a bad side profile but still looks like a god from the front

Side profile is cope, Jeremy meeks has a bad side profile but still looks like a god from the front
nah his side Is good no One notices that slightly recessed chin
look at him in motion
it's different for Who Is truly recessed

Yes, but you’ll still likely have various frontal failos that link back to the issues on the side:

- naso folds, from recessed maxilla
- eye hollows, from recessed malar arch
- less dramatic hollow cheeks, due to recessed jaws
- short chin… due to vertically short chin
- poor jaw line definition, due to lack of distance from neck

And so on. Decent side profile is foundational to a really good face but you can probably still manage HTN while recessed if you fraud it hard enough.

• +1
Reactions: Descargue96, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and goo25
nah his side Is good no One notices that slightly recessed chin
look at him in motion
it's different for Who Is truly recessed
but it's still not ideal

• +1
Reactions: goo25

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 1.57.50 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 1.57.50 AM.png
    920.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 1.58.02 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 1.58.02 AM.png
    883.2 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: goo25 and SurgeryEnjoyer
rhino would be a good cope for your side profile if you cant/dont wanna mess with ur lower jaw
Just theoretically as I don't have the means to get surgery

But

Rhino is obvious for me but what could be done for my jaw? Because my lower teeth already match up to my upper teeth so if my jaw was longer then I would have an under bite.

Also, if my maxilla was less developed, my nose would be less prominent. But I think with taking the bump down that would be enough to look better. Now where can I find £10k...

Side profile is cope.
no it’s not, imagine ur in a car riding with ur girl, what’s going to be the first thing she looks at it? Ur side profile

no it’s not, imagine ur in a car riding with ur girl, what’s going to be the first thing she looks at it? Ur side profile
Exactly, I think saying "side profile is cope" is a cope in itself.

What is a jaw that is too short but doesn't result in an overbite called? As that's what I have.

Exactly, I think saying "side profile is cope" is a cope in itself.

What is a jaw that is too short but doesn't result in an overbite called? As that's what I have.
it's quite common to have a normal bite despite having recessed jaws. you have biretrusion, meaning both maxilla and lower jaw are recessed but they're recessed more or less "equally" so your bite still fits. the way your philtrum tilts inward is a clear indicator of a recessed lower maxilla, and you obviously alr know your lower jaw is recessed too. bimax would improve you nicely as your upper third is fairly strong. you'll probably eventually need a rhinoplasty too but for now it'd be a cope because your jaws make your nose seem bigger

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32523
it's quite common to have a normal bite despite having recessed jaws. you have biretrusion, meaning both maxilla and lower jaw are recessed but they're recessed more or less "equally" so your bite still fits. the way your philtrum tilts inward is a clear indicator of a recessed lower maxilla, and you obviously alr know your lower jaw is recessed too. bimax would improve you nicely as your upper third is fairly strong. you'll probably eventually need a rhinoplasty too but for now it'd be a cope because your jaws make your nose seem bigger
Interesting post, thanks for the effort.

I looked up "biretrusion" which brings up a "did you mean" for "biprotrusion". Did you make a typo or are they something different?

I used to mouth breath as a kid due to having a semi permanently blocked nose, leaving my jaw slack, which would be what caused this.

As for surgeries, I've wanted rhino since I was a teen when my nose first came through, but unless I win the lottery, the best I could do is grow a beard, but then it covers up my facial features from the front and three quarters.

The side profile pill hits me like a train, but it is what it is!

• +1
Reactions: NarrowJaw
Interesting post, thanks for the effort.

I looked up "biretrusion" which brings up a "did you mean" for "biprotrusion". Did you make a typo or are they something different?

I used to mouth breath as a kid due to having a semi permanently blocked nose, leaving my jaw slack, which would be what caused this.

As for surgeries, I've wanted rhino since I was a teen when my nose first came through, but unless I win the lottery, the best I could do is grow a beard, but then it covers up my facial features from the front and three quarters.

The side profile pill hits me like a train, but it is what it is!
Biretrusion is not a very commonly used term but some surgeons use it, for example dr. alfaro (he's a big name surgeon in these circles lmao). Another term is maxillo-mandibular retrusion. It simply means both jaws are retruded (recessed/set-back). Biprotrusion is the opposite of this, where jaws protrude too far forward (or teeth, in case of dental biprotrusion)

Here's an example of a bimax patient with biretrusion: https://www.institutomaxilofacial.com/en/caso-clinico/sebastian/
(your side profile looks better than his and your bite is also class I, while he had an underbite - notice the inwardly slanted philtrum, which is a telltale sign of a recessed maxilla, meanwhile a recessed mandible is easy to spot)

Prolonged mouthbreathing in childhood defo plays a major role in recession but it can also be genetically influenced and usually it's a combination of both. If you're so focused on your profile, bimax should be your priority, even more so than rhino imo - this surgery can also change the nose shape so it's better to save the rhino for later. Your nose doesn't even look bad, except for the small hump which you could mask with nose bridge fillers, check out this thread: https://looksmax.org/threads/getting-nose-fillers-was-the-best-decision-of-my-life.474606/

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32523
Screenshot 2023 08 13 20 46 48 66 680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7
Screenshot 2023 08 13 20 47 21 82 680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7
mtn side weak chad front