Is it too late to create space for wisdom teeth?

Non-extraction orthodontics
wont it still make your palate narrow? even if you dont get extractions, the braces are still pulling your maxilla backwards.

wont it still make your palate narrow? even if you dont get extractions, the braces are still pulling your mandible backwards.
Most braces and invisalign treatments indeed "compress" the arch but opposite can be done too. If there is no enough bone density/repair speed for bigger expansion, it's possible to make small cuts in and then it would be accelerated. Here 26yo guy achieved expansion by moving teeth, but it took him a lot of time, would be a lot faster with piezoelectric cuts in alveolar bone. Some others guys results are also good. Ofc it's inferior to true bone expansion with sutures split, it's more of slow remodeling alveolar bone. Can still affect breathing positively a bit, as there is more room for tongue.
Invisalign 26 year old male bilateral crossbite excellent transformation scaled 1
N7kq5t776fe51

• +1
Reactions: c0pemaxxer
if you have the money and means to go for palate expansion, try it before you remove the teeth. otherwise, just get them removed. wisdom teeth removal isnt a huge problem for most people. but try and push for palate expansion before extraction (if you have the money and means for it) because you cant put back removed teeth. better safe than sorry.
if you are getting an extraction then you HAVE TO get bone graft too to reduce any possible bone loss.
Thanks, I guess I should try talking to my parents about an expansion : /. Yeah that's one of the reasons why I'm so worried, if I extract them they won't grow again.

What would bone graft do to the mouth, at least where I live I don't think any dentist talks about needing it after extraction?

• +1
Reactions: c0pemaxxer
Most braces and invisalign treatments indeed "compress" the arch but opposite can be done too. If there is no enough bone density/repair speed for bigger expansion, it's possible to make small cuts in and then it would be accelerated. Here 26yo guy achieved expansion by moving teeth, but it took him a lot of time, would be a lot faster with piezoelectric cuts in alveolar bone. Some others guys results are also good. Ofc it's inferior to true bone expansion with sutures split, it's more of slow remodeling alveolar bone. Can still affect breathing positively a bit, as there is more room for tongue.View attachment 2110688 View attachment 2110687
What the? I have been on braces for around 3 years and my arch and pallate look garbage compared to that guy's after :what: . Is there something like he did that I can get to fix my pallate and possibly get space for my wisdom teeth? :trepidation:

You're 15, get them removed while you're still on mommy and daddies health insurance. I had all 4 removed same age as you and my lower third only got better. You're sill going through puberty so just mew, chew, and stay lean. Enjoy the painkillers they give you
Most people say I should try to do something to try and not have to have them removed. Couldn't removing them affect my maxilla and other parts and characteristics of the facial structure? Sure your lower third may have gotten better but who knows if it couldn't have been slightly even better if you hadn't got them removed?

What the? I have been on braces for around 3 years and my arch and pallate look garbage compared to that guy's after :what: . Is there something like he did that I can get to fix my pallate and possibly get space for my wisdom teeth? :trepidation:
It's because you got classic "compressing" braces, not expanding. Bluepilled ortho. Think it's still possible to manage without removal, but you need to find the right doctor for that.

It's because you got classic "compressing" braces, not expanding. Bluepilled ortho. Think it's still possible to manage without removal, but you need to find the right doctor for that.
Yeah my dentist didn't even know about mewing or chewing (she also said it doesn't matter if you chew hard or soft foods). Do you know what I would have to try and get for those results and to fix it?

Yeah my dentist didn't even know about mewing or chewing (she also said it doesn't matter if you chew hard or soft foods). Do you know what I would have to try and get for those results and to fix it?
I'd suggest some expander (mse should be okay at your age, ideal would be something like fme but it's still exotic) on upper palate and invisalign on lower teeth to match archs.

I'd suggest some expander (mse should be okay at your age, ideal would be something like fme but it's still exotic) on upper palate and invisalign on lower teeth to match archs.
Hmm alright thanks, I still have braces with elastics on tho so should I try to just change them for invisalign if possible (been on braces for those 3 years and still didn't get them off lel), or just wait to get them off this year? (can't even do chewing with them though which is kinda crappy :/)

Also wouldn't the upper arch still be more "expanded" than the lower one, at least I guess invisalign doesn't really expand it?

Whatever I could do for getting my face and teeth right would be nice to know, I already took long enough to start trying to mew even if I still didn't get it all right jfl.

Last edited:
wouldn't the upper arch still be more "expanded" than the lower one, at least I guess invisalign doesn't really expand it?
It actually does, it moves teeth within bone, bone also remodels over time, meaning it kinda follows the teeth if movement isn't too fast or too big.
Get rid of braces with elastics, they recess you/holding you back, you already done a lot of damage with them.