Is it true that the most retracted position of the lower jaw is the correct one?

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
title, like to any of you guys with normal jaws and bites, can u move ur jaws far back into ur jaws and give urself deep bites?

some online say that you can't pull your jaw back any further but you can always jut it out further. I knew a guy who could BARELY jut or give himself overbite, jaws seemed in the right position.

basically: please just answer yes or no to the title, if you think the furthest you can retract your jaw naturally is it's "natural" position (although it may not be healthy and you may be in need of jaw surgery and your jaw juts to be healthy)

• +1
Reactions: ellisadrian and RAMU KAKA
Not beeing able to move the jaw backwards is a class 3 trait, being able to move a lot backwards in the condyle is a class 2 trait.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: AscensionCel and Deleted member 19766
Not beeing able to move the jaw backwards is a class 3 trait, being able to move a lot backwards in the condyle is a class 2 trait.
an ortho said the furthest back u can pull back ur jaw naturally is ur "natural" jaw position

I’m diagnosed class II and can’t move jaw backwards, only frontwards and it feels so much more relaxing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
I’m diagnosed class II and can’t move jaw backwards, only frontwards and it feels so much more relaxing

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: RAMU KAKA and bradpittshairline
I can retract my jaw but i cant jut, its cuz my lower insicors flair ig

• Hmm...

I’m the same with addition of deep bite.

I can jut forward by about 3-4mm to align my incisors but with my incisors touching in a “correct” way I have a half centimetre molar gap.

I look best jutting and holding my jaw as low as possible due to my short face syndrome. In that case there is a half centimetre gap at the incisors and almost a cm at the molars.

I can also jut 3-4mm past my upper incisors but it’s uncomfortable and looks class 3 and dumb.

I can’t see any other solution than bimax. To rotate maxilla CCW and close molar gap in the correct incisor position.

• Hmm...
I’m the same with addition of deep bite.

I can jut forward by about 3-4mm to align my incisors but with my incisors touching in a “correct” way I have a half centimetre molar gap.

I look best jutting and holding my jaw as low as possible due to my short face syndrome. In that case there is a half centimetre gap at the incisors and almost a cm at the molars.

I can also jut 3-4mm past my upper incisors but it’s uncomfortable and looks class 3 and dumb.

I can’t see any other solution than bimax. To rotate maxilla CCW and close molar gap in the correct incisor position.
do u think ur deepbite is ur normal position tho, like do u think a person with a normal bite should be able to retract back that far?

do u think ur deepbite is ur normal position tho, like do u think a person with a normal bite should be able to retract back that far?

No idea. I’ve posted this same question before but we are just too small and useless a community to get any consensus.

• JFL
I cant move my jaw backwards am i deformed?

• JFL
I am class 2, if I move my jaw back my teeth will be in true bite, so in my case your ortho is correct

But it may not be true for class 1 and for sure not class 3

• +1
title, like to any of you guys with normal jaws and bites, can u move ur jaws far back into ur jaws and give urself deep bites?

some online say that you can't pull your jaw back any further but you can always jut it out further. I knew a guy who could BARELY jut or give himself overbite, jaws seemed in the right position.

basically: please just answer yes or no to the title, if you think the furthest you can retract your jaw naturally is it's "natural" position (although it may not be healthy and you may be in need of jaw surgery and your jaw juts to be healthy)
I can barely move my jaw back 1mm. What does that mean for me ?

• Hmm...
  • Hmm...
how can u move jaw backwards? i have class 2 skeletal malocclusion

how can u move jaw backwards? i have class 2 skeletal malocclusion
try reaching ur tongue back as deep and down ur back of the throat as u can..

try reaching ur tongue back as deep and down ur back of the throat as u can..
oh yh ok i can my God It looks so subhuman that Is funny

• So Sad
oh yh ok i can my God It looks so subhuman that Is funny
do u think this position we do is our natural position as according to ortho? maybe we subconsciously jut due to our natural bite being overbite-subhumanity

• Hmm...
Reactions: goo25
do u think this position we do is our natural position as according to ortho? maybe we subconsciously jut due to our natural bite being overbite-subhumanity
i don't know if it's this way then im giga subhuman

• JFL