Is leanmaxxing purely about willpower?

A

alainchalamet

Bronze
Like I try to eat filling low calorie foods and drink a lot of water coffee etc, but every other night I just get an intense urge to consume everything in my fridge like how tf are you supposed to do it? Does one just have to power through it?

I'm around 13% bf by the way and trying to get to 10.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member, JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Wallenberg and 2 others
Weigh yourself every morning

If you are losing weight at 2lbs per week or less, keep doing what you're doing

If more that's too fast, eat a little more,

If gaining eat less

• +1
Reactions: Kmscurry, Deleted member 15405, Pietrosiek and 2 others
Weigh yourself every morning

If you are losing weight at 2lbs per week or less, keep doing what you're doing

If more that's too fast, eat a little more,

If gaining eat less
You can manage losing 2lbs a week?? I struggle with a 500 cal deficit lmao, I struggle eating at maintenance even

You can manage losing 2lbs a week?? I struggle with a 500 cal deficit lmao, I struggle eating at maintenance even
Post a photo, I wonder if you're truly 13%

Post a photo, I wonder if you're truly 13%
I have a sixpack and hollow cheeks only in good lightning, not in normal lighting I think, don't know what bf that is. Not gonna post pics right now at least

I have a sixpack and hollow cheeks only in good lightning, not in normal lighting I think, don't know what bf that is. Not gonna post pics right now at least
if you're 13% then why are you still on a deficit?

its people like me who need stay on a deficit

you are fine

• +1
Reactions: dashundalon
if you're 13% then why are you still on a deficit?

its people like me who need stay on a deficit

you are fine
because I heard life starts at 12%

Kidding, but yeah I still wanna improve even if I'm lean you know

because I heard life starts at 12%

Kidding, but yeah I still wanna improve even if I'm lean you know
there is almost no difference between 13% and 10%

even 15% is fine to see bones

• +1
Reactions: dashundalon and JawGuyFatFaceGuy
there is almost no difference between 13% and 10%

even 15% is fine to see bones
you ever been that low bodyfat though? Idk I wanna do it atleast once just to see what I would look like at "model level bodyfat"

• +1
Reactions: highschoolneverends
Its part willpower, part smart dieting (planning a diet which fills you more so you can use your already limited willpower less)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 756 and alainchalamet
Mostly yeah I'm around 14%

Now I realised it's all about being consistent and making your goals a priority than a taste of a nice food
What has helped me is eating vegetables and fruits to feel ,making nice recipes with low calories ,zero cola alot of it and vaping (used to smoke)
Achieve what most can't .
My goal is 12% clear abs and no belly fat

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy and alainchalamet
Mostly yeah I'm around 14%

Now I realised it's all about being consistent and making your goals a priority than a taste of a nice food
What has helped me is eating vegetables and fruits to feel ,making nice recipes with low calories ,zero cola alot of it and vaping (used to smoke)
Achieve what most can't .
My goal is 12% clear abs and no belly fat
Good stuff yeah you gotta keep the goal in mind I guess. I struggle most with binging so gonna try not eating after 9 pm and see if I can keep the consistency up then. Good luck btw bro!

• +1
Reactions: Dark Latino
Can you get an appetite suppressant or other drug from the doc? that's what I did recently and its working bigly. I haven't been hungry in weeks eating only 1200 cal or less per day. I have a actually BED diagnosis though.

Can you get an appetite suppressant or other drug from the doc? that's what I did recently and its working bigly. I haven't been hungry in weeks eating only 1200 cal or less per day. I have a actually BED diagnosis though.
No I don't have like a legit eating disorder I think, more so just struggle to stay on a diet which is normal you know. I'm in the process of maybe getting diagnosed with adhd so if I do have it I might get some adderal which will be a nice help I guess.

life starts at 8% bf

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and alainchalamet
just don't buy unhealthy food so you dont spend willpower not eating it. its pretty hard to get fat on healthy food.

• +1
Reactions: alainchalamet
Its about ignoring your own instincts so that is willpower in a way

• +1
-Enough water
-Not too low calories
-Enough protein

DO IT!

• +1
No I don't have like a legit eating disorder I think, more so just struggle to stay on a diet which is normal you know. I'm in the process of maybe getting diagnosed with adhd so if I do have it I might get some adderal which will be a nice help I guess.
You don't need to have an eating disorder, the point is that the pills make you passive and full constantly. I have heard stimulants work so hope that works for you!

• +1
It's about avoiding PUFAs and eating more sugar and saturated fat to keep your thyroid and balls working optimally

• JFL
Reactions: Bewusst and alainchalamet
If being lean and gl was ez everyone would do it

yes it’s about suffering to ascend. But then u reach a level among other beautiful skinny ppl who abuse adderall and drink coffee all day to stay beautiful and u all are elite among peasants who can’t put down their morning donut. U get to feel better than them

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Darwined, HinnieVacker, Tonymontana and 6 others

yes it’s about suffering to ascend. But then u reach a level among other beautiful skinny ppl who abuse adderall and drink coffee all day to stay beautiful and u all are elite among peasants who can’t put down their morning donut. U get to feel better than them
yes this is the type of motivation I need thank you!

It's true. It's one of the only dopamine that doesn't have a regret phase. I feel better at the end of days I water fasted over days I binged. Perhaps Buddha was right, the only lasting happiness is found in renunciation - which is like the biggest fuck you the universe could give us.

Why are you laugh reacting my post? I am serious

Why are you laugh reacting my post? I am serious
I think ray peat is an idiot and that your advice is horrible.. I like your Albert Camus quote tho so I still like you

Distracting yourself is a good way while being on appetite suppresants. I played games for 12 hours while starving everyday when I was a teenager

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member and alainchalamet
I’ve found that if I drink coffee, workout and eat 1 meal a day I don’t think about food as much.

I love that empty feeling in my stomach.

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84, JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Amnesia and 1 other person
I think ray peat is an idiot and that your advice is horrible.. I like your Albert Camus quote tho so I still like you
I'm literally lean by eating this diet and I don't have to use willpower lol. Enjoy your vegetable oils tho

I'm literally lean by eating this diet and I don't have to use willpower lol. Enjoy your vegetable oils tho
sure you're lean but your not sub 12% so yeah I'll do diet coke

• JFL
Reactions: CupOfCoffee
Like I try to eat filling low calorie foods and drink a lot of water coffee etc, but every other night I just get an intense urge to consume everything in my fridge like how tf are you supposed to do it? Does one just have to power through it?

I'm around 13% bf by the way and trying to get to 10.
I’m the same. It’s so tough. But I think it’s willpower. Try to push through it for atleast 8 weeks. After a week it gets easier.

P.s. postponing your first meal, i.e. breakfast is a good idea to help cravings. Like don’t eat as soon as you wake up. It’s easiest then.

Also, most people have never seriously tried going from 15% to 10% so they may not understand the process. So don’t let the comments convince you it’s easy.

Last edited:
  • +1
What's your TDEE and how much do you eat? What kind of foods?

What's your TDEE and how much do you eat? What kind of foods?
it's around 2700 and I do a 500 cal deficit. I eat pretty normal idk 150 ish grams of protein per day

It’s all willpower. You will fuck up a lot when you first try it because you don’t know your own body and what works for you. Are you craving calories or good food? Intermittent fasting worked wonders for me during my first cut because once I have my first meal I start to get hungry. By pushing all my calories into the evening, I won’t think about food all day and I will go to sleep fairly full considering I would eat 1500 calories 3-4 hours prior to bed. Also, learning to cook makes the food you eat enjoyable. You can have chicken, veggies and rice everyday and it can taste phenomenal with the right recipe. Eating at maintenance once a week also helps.

How did you calculate your TDEE? You must be working construction full time or running marathons
Is it not same as calories burned per day? bmr+ calories from moving around and exercise etc?
It’s all willpower. You will fuck up a lot when you first try it because you don’t know your own body and what works for you. Are you craving calories or good food? Intermittent fasting worked wonders for me during my first cut because once I have my first meal I start to get hungry. By pushing all my calories into the evening, I won’t think about food all day and I will go to sleep fairly full considering I would eat 1500 calories 3-4 hours prior to bed. Also, learning to cook makes the food you eat enjoyable. You can have chicken, veggies and rice everyday and it can taste phenomenal with the right recipe. Eating at maintenance once a week also helps.
Nice yeah I used to do a lot of fasting before because my appetite was always low early in the morning, but it doesn't work for me anymore.

No, not quite.

just put your fridge in a locked box theory
You don’t have to put all your shit in a locked box, just make it less convenient for you to go get it. If you plan on getting to 10% by willing power alone, best of luck.

• +1

delon was always leanmaxxed, he must've had willpower
@PingPong

• JFL
Reactions: volcelfatcel
You don’t have to put all your shit in a locked box, just make it less convenient for you to go get it. If you plan on getting to 10% by willing power alone, best of luck.
Yeah I know if you live alone it's easier for sure

Is it not same as calories burned per day? bmr+ calories from moving around and exercise etc?
Thanks for not answering my question. Yes, TDEE = total daily energy expenditure aka how many calories you burn in total (bmr + physical activities)

Thanks for not answering my question. Yes, TDEE = total daily energy expenditure aka how many calories you burn in total (bmr + physical activities)
My bad I'm actually retarded. Well I plugged weight and height in cronometer which calculates my bmr at 1735. Then I wear an apple watch that tracks general activity and workouts. I also have include thermic effect of food in the calculation, but I might remove it soon to have more wiggle room.