Is learning forex and stocks and shit worth it

capybara

capybara

Hentai
I'm having the feeling that if I spent the time learning more useful shit it would be more beneficial like programming and math and shit. I'm 16 and my starting capital would be $1000 at most and I have all the time in the world.

• +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1
Meh stocks are mostly gambling but long term investments into indexes like the nasdaq or dowjones are good

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and Rt-Rust1
I'm having the feeling that if I spent the time learning more useful shit it would be more beneficial like programming and math and shit. I'm 16 and my starting capital would be $1000 at most and I have all the time in the world.
Better than spending time on gaming and masterbaiting

If it was legit,

everyone would just copy the best few people in the world's trades and everyone would become rich

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24347 and Pumanator
Forex no Stocks yes

The best thing to do is to stick to blue chip stocks and blue chip index funds/ETFs. Not the best returns but not high risk. Generally you should put most of my portfolio into the ETFs with a large pool of corporations like the S&P 500. And put a small percentage of your portfolio into individual corporations. And a moderate percentage of your portfolio into the ETFs with a smaller pool of companies. Like the FANGMA ETFs.

I invested $1,012.22 CAD into Pfizer (CAD Hedged). Bought 43 shares.
$768.43 CAD into S&P 500 Index ETF (CAD Hedged). Bought 12 shares.
$732.96 CAD into the Canadian High Dividend Yield ETF. Bought 18 shares.

$2,513.61 CAD is child's play though. I am just getting started. I'm dipping my toes into the water. After 12.6 days (pro-rated by day that I bought the stock), I've earned 3.67% ($92.27 profit off $2,513.61 invested). That's equivalent to 106% APY. The stock market has been doing really well in the past 18 days.

In hindsight I wish I bought Facebook stock last week and FANGMA ETF stock (Facebook Amazon Netflix Google Microsoft Apple) like 3 weeks ago when it was dirt, dirt cheap.

Last edited:
Don’t forex. Play stocks (ETFs mainly) when you have stable cash flow/no serious debt.

• +1
Reactions: Sigmamale