Is learning mma for like 2 hours a week or something worth it for confidence

Tom323

Tom323

Iron
I don't want to actually spend much time on it but it seems like if you do know mma you are more confident when guys try to pressure you.

Also will I get bruised etc? I saw this guy who had a black eye and he said it was from training in BJJ.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: one job away, Chadethnic101 and Indiana Evans
It will actually make you less confident when you realize how much weight matters, and how vulnerable we all are. Jiu Jitsu is kind of cringe if I am being honest, and if you are on concrete (90% of the time) you won't be able to use it. Muay thai, boxing etc. is just about weight/reach, plus if there are 2 opponents then you are kind of screwed.

If you are serious about it then there is no harm in trying. But in my opinion it won't make you more confident.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 3828, yhaight, Albeacho and 2 others
Being able to defend yourself will definitely raise your confidence

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6380, Constantin Denis, Chadethnic101 and 2 others
wrestling will ascend you more than any other contact sport srs

i did muay thai for 4 years, switched to wrestling (8 months now) and ive never felt stronger

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914, Deleted member 3828, Elvisandreaa and 2 others

i did muay thai for 4 years, switched to wrestling (8 months now) and ive never felt stronger
Good advice. Wrestling is the best martial art there is. BBJ focuses too much on moves you will never use for the sake of the sport. Even high school wrestlers can bully BJJ black belts on the mat, but people hate admitting that. Lol at not doing wrestling.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3828, UltimateMan, Albeacho and 1 other person

which one do you think is more useful for street fighting? Does the pure strength from wrestling help more or knowing how to kick and punch correctly from kickboxing?

• +1
Reactions: Indiana Evans
I don't want to actually spend much time on it but it seems like if you do know mma you are more confident when guys try to pressure you.

Also will I get bruised etc? I saw this guy who had a black eye and he said it was from training in BJJ.
You don't have to spar if you don't want to.

• +1
which one do you think is more useful for street fighting? Does the pure strength from wrestling help more or knowing how to kick and punch correctly from kickboxing?
Wrestling and boxing

• +1
2h per week better than 0

theres light sparring (playing) and heavy (actually wanting to kill each other but with protective gear)

if you could only choose one

wrestling or bjj

• +1
Good advice. Wrestling is the best martial art there is. BBJ focuses too much on moves you will never use for the sake of the sport. Even high school wrestlers can bully BJJ black belts on the mat, but people hate admitting that. Lol at not doing wrestling.

not only is wrestling effective its the best for fitness and strength too. Its unironically more exhausting than any other sport ive done.

I really just switched from thai to wrestling to lower my chances of getting head injuries. Getting cosntantly hit in the head def isnt good
in the long run. I have nothing negative to say, it has a huge learning curve tho, so youll get flopped around before u can do anything.

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914, Albeacho and Indiana Evans

No. It will make you more depressed. You must train your mind first. Don't do something for the wrong reason.

• +1

Raw strength. Especially in street fights.

The thick neck wrestlers have too:forcedsmile: good luck knocking them out.

7J2C6ZAYHNDOZ3VX4EFYV6MJSE

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914, Albeacho and Indiana Evans
If you don't spar it's probably all cope waste of time
What about ruining rhinoplasty and face from getting smacked in face? Spending thousands on work all to be battered thru sparring.

Good to learn it and when the time comes of having to fight least you know techniques how to punch properly etc.
Wrestlings fine as you don't get punched

• +1
Reactions: Tom323
Yes, but you should do it like 5 hours a week.

• +1
Reactions: Tom323
@Indiana Evans This Is You Isn't it?
is-gabi-garcia-transgender.jpg

• JFL

Facts wrestling is Key in MMA. it gets you in amazing shape