Is looking at screens for multiple hours bad for your eyes long term?

D

Deleted member 685

Kraken
I study CS and I permarot while moneymaxxing. Is it bad for my eyes long term? I don't wanna ruin my eyesight.

I block the bluelight and I put my brightness to the lowest but I"m still curious. Yeah.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2621, Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 2227 and 1 other person
Can cause scleral show

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
genetics matter most as always

• +1
Reactions: Looksmax305 and Deleted member 6401
Probably not

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200415_172402.jpg
    Screenshot_20200415_172402.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 70
  • +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh, Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 685
Probably not
These "experts" also tell you to be confident and that beauty is subjective

only recent did studies show that attractiveness is all about ur looks, ie face height body for men

but for women - their personality is kinda important too since men want hot women but ones that don't bitch too

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4563, didntreadlol, Deleted member 6401 and 4 others
These "experts" also tell you to be confident and that beauty is subjective

only recent did studies show that attractiveness is all about ur looks, ie face height body for men

but for women - their personality is kinda important too since men want hot women but ones that don't bitch too
Can't find good researches on it but anyway the light shouldn't still cause much impact other than computer vision syndrome

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 685
WTF are you srious? if i change now can it be fixed?
Lmao he's some random faggot dropping a "fact" with no evidence

no studies show that computers can mess with your eyes

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
I study CS and I permarot while moneymaxxing. Is it bad for my eyes long term? I don't wanna ruin my eyesight.

I block the bluelight and I put my brightness to the lowest but I"m still curious. Yeah.
There is something called the 20/20/20 rule. Basically to relax your eyes, every 20min you stare at a screen you take a break and look at an object at least 20m away for 20seconds

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and Deleted member 685
what could be a problem is staring into a computer late at night (the time apparently matters) and doing so while the rest of your room is dark (high contrast).

what could be a problem is staring into a computer late at night (the time apparently matters) and doing so while the rest of your room is dark (high contrast).
yes because your eyes take in more light and that together with high bluelight fucks your sleep rhythm and can cause makula degeneration

• +1
Reactions: AutisticBeaner
No it's the same as reading a book. Just causes eye strain. The difference is that people forget to blink often when looking at screens. Just take a 1 minute break from screens every 20 or so minutes and you will be fine.

I completely wrecked my eyesight by playing vidya almost all day in my teens. Ofc looking at things up close for hours everyday will deteriorate your eyesight, it's no coincidence that more people need glasses these days than they did before computers and internet.

• +1
There is something called the 20/20/20 rule. Basically to relax your eyes, every 20min you stare at a screen you take a break and look at an object at least 20m away for 20seconds
Yeah that's good advice, basically how myopia works is that your ciliary muscle (the one which bends your lens upon contracting to focus on nearby objects) stays in a somewhat contracted state if you look at nearby (and not moving) objects like screens for too long without relaxing that muscle.
Thus the eye is always looking at nearby objects, that's how most short-sightedness occurs.
Looking at the horizon and trying to focus on that far away objects relaxes the ciliary muscle and this way alongside with other things it is completely possible to cure myopia over time.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621
dont look at screens in the night. this is when your eyes get fucked up

• +1
i love you. me too
And I lie awake because of it every single night. Same with my narrow small skull

But I love you too man

• Love it
Reactions: Tylermax
And I lie awake because of it every single night. Same with my narrow small skull

But I love you too man
im sorry if i was mean to you. I knew deep down your heart your long midface hurt you just like it did to me. We can overcome this. We can be midface kings. Dont worry about anything

• Love it
Can it cause near sightedness? thats my concern

My eyes are still great. Vision wise and looks wise. I stare at screens almost all the time

well , there is the blue filter to adapt yo your circadian pattern more, but its health related, not necessarily eye related .

im sorry if i was mean to you. I knew deep down your heart your long midface hurt you just like it did to me. We can overcome this. We can be midface kings. Dont worry about anything
You're a brother to me man

• Love it
Reactions: Tylermax