Is Minoxodil collagen loss localised, systemic or a myth?

EverythingMattersCel

EverythingMattersCel

that bitch
I want to thicken my eyebrows. Does Minoxidil really kill collagen? I heard it's a myth or at best localised to the area you put it on. Can anyone confirm?

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
I want to thicken my eyebrows. Does Minoxidil really kill collagen? I heard it's a myth or at best localised to the area you put it on. Can anyone confirm?
Who cares? That area will be covered with hair anyway.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
What if you put topical rogaine all over the face? For beard

Had collagen damage for the first month after that my skin became normal like it used to

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, EverythingMattersCel and Pumanator
Why don't you just use a black marker?

• JFL
Reactions: .*my*.
some people report dark undereyes, probably because minox increases blood flow and so dark undereyes become more prominent. But most don't experience this. Pretty much everyone experiences dry skin, but long as you moisturize you're good. And minox will always go somewhat systemic, it's inevitable, so you might experience some hair growth on other parts of your body but its nothing to worry about. I suggest using foam.

• +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel
Sounds good. I am going all out collagen-maxxing so compromise is not an option.

been doing it for 1 year now. on scalp. And recently on lower cheecks for beardline

• +1
And no reported or perceived collagen loss?
a little. But I'm aging. so it's impossible to attribute it to minoxidill. Because planty dudes my age, are fully raped by collagen reaper already and I mog them in collagen.

• +1
I have been using a while and have a few fine lines on forehead and around eyes, but if you have a good collagen/skincare routine none of the effects will be apparant

Its a myth, I seriously have 0 clue why retards keep posting it ruins collagen.

So far no one has provided me a decent study which proves it ruins your collagen its either in vitro(and this one is localized in the follicle, which helps it grow, not on the skin) or in vivo(in fucking rat lungs with oral minoxidil to help with lung scarring from pulmonary fibrosis )
The only "evidence" is anecdotal, for which the cause was probably the lack of or shitty skin care.

The only real reason why your skin quality could degrade is because of the alcohol in topical minox and lack of skin care.

The alcohol is gonna ruin your skin oil layer which is gonna make sun exposure more damaging to your skin. To counteract this, you can use the foam version or the water based version(don't know about this one a lot) and have a proper skin care routine.

TLDR: Only about 0.045% of topical minox goes systematic. And no, it doesn't ruin your collagen.

Last edited: