Is music skill/talent genetic based?

Everything is even ur post count

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18819, Daydream, Deleted member 16369 and 4 others
Partially...yes. I'd do a demonstration, but I'm not so well right now.

No but if you have artistic or musically talented parents they will raise you around that . You grow up to be like them.

No but if you have artistic or musically talented parents they will raise you around that . You grow up to be like them.

Cognitive ability is inherited.

A mix obviously.

But what if you are musically inclined, and you're parents aren't? When I was a kid I've kept screaming songs I would hear on the radio, even if I didn't understood the words, I would bang with sticks everything in the house like drums, blow in pieces of pipe and other hollow objects like in a trumpet, etc., but my parents would yell at me to stop and slowly I lost interest in music.
I wonder what would have happened if they have encouraged me instead to follow my passion.

But what if you are musically inclined, and you're parents aren't? When I was a kid I've kept screaming songs I would hear on the radio, even if I didn't understood the words, I would bang with sticks everything in the house like drums, blow in pieces of pipe and other hollow objects like in a trumpet, etc., but my parents would yell at me to stop and slowly I lost interest in music.
I wonder what would have happened if they have encouraged me instead to follow my passion.
I guess parents play a part too but I still wouldn't say its genetic

• +1
Reactions: Gonthar
Only white people can make music.