Is my gonial angle too large/obtuse? (with pictures)

fernandobrocolli

fernandobrocolli

Bronze
Is my gonial angle too large/obtuse?
I'm having bimax soon, should I ask for my doctor to change my gonial angle?
Image1
Ctscan

Is my gonial angle too large/obtuse?
I'm having bimax soon, should I ask for my doctor to change my gonial angle?
Your gonial angle is too big to be ideal, you want to bring it closer to anything around 120-127. I could also be thrown off by the fact your submental region is god awful and actual definition is lacking

Your gonial angle is too big to be ideal, you want to bring it closer to anything around 120-127. I could also be thrown off by the fact your submental region is god awful and actual definition is lacking
Yeah, I think my gonial angle is way too large. If they decrease the gonial angle, will my face get shorter? I think my lower third is already too short. I don't know what can possibly be done to correct this

Yeah, I think my gonial angle is way too large. If they decrease the gonial angle, will my face get shorter? I think my lower third is already too short. I don't know what can possibly be done to correct this
Depends on the movement the surgeon decides to do, some will focus on bringing the ramus down or will focus on rotation of the upwards, both will make your face shorter, the first will make your face more blocky relatively speaking. The chance of it looking bad though is really slim so.

The reality is your lower third has a fine vertical height but you really need to reduce your upper third to make everything harmonious

Depends on the movement the surgeon decides to do, some will focus on bringing the ramus down or will focus on rotation of the upwards, both will make your face shorter, the first will make your face more blocky relatively speaking. The chance of it looking bad though is really slim so.

The reality is your lower third has a fine vertical height but you really need to reduce your upper third to make everything harmonious
This makes perfect sense. I'm looking for a more squared and masculine face, so I guess that bringing the ramus down can be a good option?
Never thought about making my upper third shorter, I always imagined the problem was with my lower third.

your jaw is not too large its a regular jaw that I see everyone with
I don't think my jaw is too large, it's actually too small. Gonial angle is a different thing

Depends on the movement the surgeon decides to do, some will focus on bringing the ramus down or will focus on rotation of the upwards, both will make your face shorter
Increasing posterior facial height = shorter lower third?

Makes absolutely no sense :lul:

• +1
Reactions: fernandobrocolli