Is palatal expansion even worth it?

D

Deleted member 20064

I gave up love and happiness a long time ago
1. Time - It takes ages like 6 months, this is time lost from your prime.

2. Money - It cost money, which also affects time.

3. You have to get braces to fix your teeth - even more time.

4. If you plan on getting bimax - YOU have to get your skull cut TWICE - fucking hell, the stress of going through two surgeries just for a few mm on your palate, which no women will give a fuck about for sure unless your palate is deformed.

5. Let's say you get segmented lefort 1, which would save you money and time, you would have a risk of a serious complication called asceptic necrosis, which could've been avoided if you just got SARPE first.

Obviously having a wider palate is better but it just seems like you get so little bang for your buck and it cost so much of your time and money if you factor in the braces as well.

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel
id say its worth it. i think one of the reasons actors are more famous than models is because of their wider palates which is obv very imp in conversations

What is segmented lefort 1? it's a SARPE and LF1 in one?

if you have deformed palate like i had its worth it

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead and Mongrelcel
I think it's worth it, why not if you can improve it for a reasonable amount of money and it has an impact on how you look?

• +1
6 months from your prime jfl. You never had a prime if you have to consider palatal expansion, so forget that

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: bugeye, WagedandReady, Tallooksmaxxer and 5 others
Not worth it if you don't need it for breathing reasons.

I had it, I definitely went from a 6-8 tooth smile to a 10 tooth smile, so the changes are only noticeable while smiling.
The added bonus of a better smile on top of better nose breathing make it very worth it if you need it for functional reasons.

It did take a long time tho, at the worst, I had a 1cm gap in front of my teeth while having a gf, so it is not that big of a deal for girls.

I had my upper jaw surgery 2 years post MARPE, so the total time was like 2.5-3 years, which is a very long time, so start early, if you can.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and sub5inchcel
if you need it you need it end of story

• +1
Reactions: WagedandReady, szolliontaraelis and Deleted member 21723
hmm maybe if i get more neutral tilted eyes then yeah but doubt that will happen
Not worth it if you don't need it for breathing reasons.

I had it, I definitely went from a 6-8 tooth smile to a 10 tooth smile, so the changes are only noticeable while smiling.
The added bonus of a better smile on top of better nose breathing make it very worth it if you need it for functional reasons.

It did take a long time tho, at the worst, I had a 1cm gap in front of my teeth while having a gf, so it is not that big of a deal for girls.

I had my upper jaw surgery 2 years post MARPE, so the total time was like 2.5-3 years, which is a very long time, so start early, if you can.
did you notice change change in eyespacing, byzigo width, also what did you do for lower jaw? did you eyes become more negatively tilting? did your lower eyelid become tighter, also lip width probs increased rigth? how much increase in byzigo, lip width, intercanth distance/ipd?

hmm maybe if i get more neutral tilted eyes then yeah but doubt that will happen

did you notice change change in eyespacing, byzigo width, also what did you do for lower jaw? did you eyes become more negatively tilting? did your lower eyelid become tighter, also lip width probs increased rigth? how much increase in byzigo, lip width, intercanth distance/ipd?
lower eyelid tightness aka scleral show lessened, but the most drastic changes were from UJS, but I am still somewhat swollen.

Mouth width definitely increased.

Look at these scans and judge for yourself.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and sub5inchcel
lower eyelid tightness aka scleral show lessened, but the most drastic changes were from UJS, but I am still somewhat swollen.

Mouth width definitely increased.

Look at these scans and judge for yourself.

locaytion? price? orhtodontist name? how much mms expand?

I used the bracesshop Schwarz expander and I went from a subhuman 6 teeth smile to an acceptable 8, plus maintaining a good tongue posture becomes easier.

The price is around 200 euros so it is not that much, and I could expand in 2 months, not 6. Definitely worth it IMO. Gonna buy another expander this month to reach an intermolar width around 40 mm.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: polishcel and ungewist
I used the bracesshop Schwarz expander and I went from a subhuman 6 teeth smile to an acceptable 8, plus maintaining a good tongue posture becomes easier.

The price is around 200 euros so it is not that much, and I could expand in 2 months, not 6. Definitely worth it IMO. Gonna buy another expander this month to reach an intermolar width around 40 mm.
What about your mandible? You will also need to expand

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
locaytion? price? orhtodontist name? how much mms expand?
northern europe, around 3.5k, 6-8mm the expander itself, but it expands in a cone shape, so 1cm between incisors

• +1
What about your mandible? You will also need to expand
Yep, I noticed a certain mismatch in the bite once I was around 4 mm expanded. The thing is, by chewing (especially gum and hard foods) the mandible expanded itself.

For the next time I will get a lower jaw expander and at the same time expand the upper jaw so that the evolution is more progressive in both.

Let's see how it goes, I plan on posting the results.

4. If you plan on getting bimax - YOU have to get your skull cut TWICE - fucking hell, the stress of going through two surgeries just for a few mm on your palate, which no women will give a fuck about for sure unless your palate is deformed.

5. Let's say you get segmented lefort 1, which would save you money and time, you would have a risk of a serious complication called asceptic necrosis, which could've been avoided if you just got SARPE first.

Obviously having a wider palate is better but it just seems like you get so little bang for your buck and it cost so much of your time and money if you factor in the braces as well.
no it'll fuck up symmetry and give you black nose

Yep, I noticed a certain mismatch in the bite once I was around 4 mm expanded. The thing is, by chewing (especially gum and hard foods) the mandible expanded itself.

For the next time I will get a lower jaw expander and at the same time expand the upper jaw so that the evolution is more progressive in both.

what you fixed your malocclusion by chewing :ROFLMAO: that doesnt make any sense

I mean it depends entirely on how much expansion you require, if you need more than like 5mm then you will need to have it done seperately like you said and although it does take time 3-6 months it worthwhile as it improves quite a bit. Its not really that much money 5k-10k at most tbh.
And you dont need braces diastema can be left.

Palate expansion is the foundation for advancement tbh its worthwhile if you require it.

If you need less than 6-5mm you could just get EASE/SARPE or smth by it self, without an expander, as plates can be put in after and you can be expanded around 5mm just by the surgery.

what you fixed your malocclusion by chewing :ROFLMAO: that doesnt make any sense
Why not?

While chewing does not cause skeletal expansion, it can provoke dental expansion in the sense that the molars can be tipped outwards. At least this is what I experienced. My molars were initially tilted inwards but thanks to the upper jaw expansion and the successive chewing the bite got more aligned. I probably achieved no skeletal expansion as my front lower teeth stayed the same, though.

Check this out, it seems to be in line with my results: Great work forum

A lower jaw Schwarz expander may work. This is what the literature seems to indicate:
Source 1
Source 2

• Hmm...
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer

Lol if this shit is easy like that i wont get jaw implants