is prescription retin-a overkill for guys?

Tallooksmaxxer

Tallooksmaxxer

Kraken
You guys always complain about that gay tret glow. I thought it wasnt much but when i saw tret transformations on reddit i understanded its real.

So my question, is an otc retional better than a prescription tretinoin for guys?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 22126 and sub5inchcel
It fucked my skin up long term. Don’t just assume stronger is better. I think the best protocol would be to taper up in strength to let your skin get used to it, peak at the highest strength you can wear daily for a couple months, then back off to a lower strength or an OTC Retinoid.

• Woah
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
i use 0.05% every other day. my skin does fine but idk if it looks any better than someone that doesnt use tret

i think skincare is mostly cope and its all about skin-genes you get from birth

• Woah
i use 0.05% every other day. my skin does fine but idk if it looks any better than someone that doesnt use tret

i think skincare is mostly cope and its all about skin-genes you get from birth
yeah skincare is irrevelant for males unless you have shitty acne filled skin.

i will just use it for anti aging purposes.

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
yeah skincare is irrevelant for males unless you have shitty acne filled skin.

i will just use it for anti aging purposes.
Yeah, skincare for men is about fixing skin-issues like acne.
0.05% EoD for me is just for anti-aging too.

I need to experiment with BB-cream if i want better skintones cuz tret aint it

• +1
Yeah, skincare for men is about fixing skin-issues like acne.
0.05% EoD for me is just for anti-aging too.

I need to experiment with BB-cream if i want better skintones cuz tret aint it
are you pale? beta carotene is legit for pale whites. I am trying to make a thread for undertone maxxing but there is not much legit options, but megadosing beta carotene is legit

are you pale? beta carotene is legit for pale whites. I am trying to make a thread for undertone maxxing but there is not much legit options, but megadosing beta carotene is legit
I've tried both astaxanthin and beta-carrotene but found little difference?

I am using 7.5mcg(25.000IU) beta-carrotene daily for over a year now as a basic skin supplement. I used to do double that dose but lowered it after not really noticing results. (still have a big stash lmao)

I use it for acne, 3 months almost now, have noticed a difference in texture of skin, acne scars are more flat and the acne i get is less inflammed and more puss filled. But the amount of acne i get is the same if not more

• So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer and MoggerGaston
I use it for acne, 3 months almost now, have noticed a difference in texture of skin, acne scars are more flat and the acne i get is less inflammed and more puss filled. But the amount of acne i get is the same if not more
what strength do you use and how often do you apply

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
I've tried both astaxanthin and beta-carrotene but found little difference?

I am using 7.5mcg(25.000IU) beta-carrotene daily for over a year now as a basic skin supplement. I used to do double that dose but lowered it after not really noticing results. (still have a big stash lmao)
@Prettyboy said he used 100k ui, might try that.

• +1
You guys always complain about that gay tret glow. I thought it wasnt much but when i saw tret transformations on reddit i understanded its real.

So my question, is an otc retional better than a prescription tretinoin for guys?
Retin A took 6 years off my perceived age at 20, people were guessing 23-4 and it went down to 18 after starting it, don't cope just get a prescription and use it nightly and sunscreen in the day.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23554 and Tallooksmaxxer
Retin A took 6 years off my perceived age at 20, people were guessing 23-4 and it went down to 18 after starting it, don't cope just get a prescription and use it nightly and sunscreen in the day.
drastic difference. u have pics?

• +1
do you have that gay glow? what is the strength?

what strength do you use and how often do you apply
0.05%, every second night, started 1st September. Actually i have no acne on my cheeks currently, but i do on my forehead for some reason
SmartSelect 20221118 044723 Gallery
SmartSelect 20221117 110705 Gallery

Left 3 months ago, right this week. I have no acne now on my right cheek but have more PIE from the tret purging, on the left i had alot of nodular inflamed acne but less PIE

• Love it
drastic difference. u have pics?
I can probably get some of my skin and send them to you in a bit
do you have that gay glow? what is the strength?
Not really, I don't get the GAY glow, it is more so the skin itself actually just seems to be brighter if that makes sense, very low strength very low tbh

• +1
0.05%, every second night, started 1st September. Actually i have no acne on my cheeks currently, but i do on my forehead for some reason
View attachment 1967205View attachment 1967206

Left 3 months ago, right this week. I have no acne now on my right cheek but have more PIE from the tret purging, on the left i had alot of nodular inflamed acne but less PIE
your cheek looks better. Keep it up tbh. U could even go to 0.05% every day for acne once ur skin gets more used to tret

• +1
your cheek looks better. Keep it up tbh. U could even go to 0.05% every day for acne once ur skin gets more used to tret
Im thinking more about buying the 0.1% gel tret and use it every second night instead + azaleic acid to use in the morning. Azelaic acid is actually more effective for inflammatory acne then tret and also more effective for PIE then tret

Im thinking more about buying the 0.1% gel tret and use it every second night instead + azaleic acid to use in the morning. Azelaic acid is actually more effective for inflammatory acne then tret and also more effective for PIE then tret

I thought azaleic acid was more used against blemishes, not so much against acne. But I used a 10% suspension only

You could add azaleic acid in ur morning routine while using 0.05% tret right now tbh. I was using both at the same time aswell. Now I use niaciamide for my nasolabial folds in the morning.

• +1
I thought azaleic acid was more used against blemishes, not so much against acne. But I used a 10% suspension only

You could add azaleic acid in ur morning routine while using 0.05% tret right now tbh. I was using both at the same time aswell. Now I use niaciamide for my nasolabial folds in the morning.
Azaleic acid reduces PIE (post inflammatory erythema) the thing you see on my right picture, its caused by broken capillaries after acne has calmed down. It also calms active acne inflammation so reduces the risk of getting nodular and papular acne like i get. Tretinoin is semi overrated for inflammatory acne on its own, cause tret itself causes some irritation so its not that ideal. It should be combined either with azaleic acid in the morning or benzoyl wash for 2 minutes.

Im also planning on buying an electric shaver, found a good one for 70 euros, cause shaving with normal razors always irriates my skin alot. Safety razors the least but even they cause outbreaks

• +1
how much beta c. is considered as megadosing

I use tret 0.25 and don't have gay shine

• Woah