Is pure bodyweight cope

looks>books

looks>books

Do not be as you are, but as you should be
I dont like the gym bro cutting/bulking pre creatine roid culture, Im thinking off doing pure calisthenics/bodyweight because it seems fun and seems like how humans were supposed to naturally move plus I can do it outdoors, and they can learn some cool tricks.

Im just scared I wont even get size and ill stay like those skinny twig normies who can do 100 handstand pushups and shi but they look like they play league all day :feelswhy::feelskek:

It also takes a while.

I just dont want to be like those ogre people.

Do you think if you train for capability/intensity enough size will come? Or will it forever be roids or over

:feelscry::feelsbadman:

• JFL
Reactions: IndraBC
You can gain size but at some point you will need more weight than just your bodyweight so you should get a belt that you can attach weights on

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: counterintuitive, SubhumanCurrycel, Ascend_forever and 3 others
You can gain size but at some point you will need more weight than just your bodyweight so you should get a belt that you can attach weights on
What if i just go to the next harder progression? Like pullup-> muscle up?

• JFL
Thats just 2muscle groups in one exercise. You use your back, biceps to pull yourself over the bar and then your chest, triceps, shoulders to push yourself up from the bar its the same thing as a pull up for the back its just that you use your chest at the end

• JFL
The movements of most gym exercises are natural. Are you too poor? You can get somewhat strong with calisthenics.

The movements of most gym exercises are natural. Are you too poor? You can get somewhat strong with calisthenics.
I go to a gym currently Im just drawn to calisthenics

Calisthenics is so retarded who cares about being able to pull yourself up. You want visible voluminous muscles.

If y oure already damaging your body through excersise atleast do hypertrophy training and let people see it

• +1
Reactions: looks>books
I dont like the gym bro cutting/bulking pre creatine roid culture, Im thinking off doing pure calisthenics/bodyweight because it seems fun and seems like how humans were supposed to naturally move plus I can do it outdoors, and they can learn some cool tricks.

Im just scared I wont even get size and ill stay like those skinny twig normies who can do 100 handstand pushups and shi but they look like they play league all day :feelswhy::feelskek:

It also takes a while.

Do you think if you train for capability/intensity enough size will come? Or will it forever be roids or over

Weight lifting is easier for beginners and you can train the exact muscles you want and how hard you train will dictate your muscle size

• +1

It also takes a while.

Most people will never become ogre naturally, calisthenics are good just make sure when you are able to do too many reps for a exercise, make it harder, I would recommend a belt thingy that you can add weight.

• +1

It also takes a while.

Unless you have insane genetics you won’t be an ogre. I would recommend lifting. Most gymcels are retarded, they think you need to be in some insane surplus to gain muscle. The reality is you don’t and most people can even gain muscle in a deficit. Just get in protein and sleep. Most calesthenics guys are small imo (no shade to them, what they do is cool asf)

• +1
The good news is that basically all studies done on the issue have shown that women are attracted to considerably less muscle mass than what men think they are attracted to.

Muscle mass is halo'd by overall body-fat percentage. You can have moderate muscle mass but make it pop by being 12% body-fat and you'll still be more attractive to women than an 21% bodyfat muscle-ogre.

So don't think you have to get big - you simply have to get a defined, moderately muscly look which can be achieved with relatively low weights.

• +1
lifting something over your head is way more natural than getting into a handstand and doing pushups

• +1
Show your current body so I can tell you if gym is worth it for you

Thats mosly cope and hard af to progress. Do weighted calisthenics or rope on a bar instead of wasting your time

• +1
Not very efficient the muscle up is more of a party trick than anything and once you reach the top it’s just a front dip not a back exercise

• +1
Reactions: counterintuitive, CsCurry and looks>books
You can get Pretty much an ideal physique with pull-ups, dips, chin-ups, and some small lifting equipment (adjustable 55 pound dumbbells for lateral raises/curls, and a rope+some plates for a diy dip belt).

upper chest and legs are probably going to suck but that’s the trade off you’ll have to make.

Alternatively go to the gym 4x a week and hit isolations on machines for 1 hr a day.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: looks>books, counterintuitive and SubhumanCurrycel
You can get Pretty much an ideal physique with pull-ups, dips, chin-ups, and some small lifting equipment (adjustable 55 pound dumbbells for lateral raises/curls, and a rope+some plates for a diy dip belt).

upper chest and legs are probably going to suck but that’s the trade off you’ll have to make.

Alternatively go to the gym 4x a week and hit isolations on machines for 1 hr a day.
Dog leash works perfectly for this up to about 90lbs. A bit wobbly after that

• +1
Important tip, bring a small weight plate to Home Depot when you’re sizing your rope.

Too thick and it will be tough to put a knot through a plate,

Too skinny and it won’t feel comfortable while doing pull-ups.

• Love it