Is SARPE surgery a modified type of lefort 1?

D

Deleted member 8853

Random account
Talked to my orthodontist today and he suggested me that if i want to expand my palate i might need to undergo that type of surgery.

Guys can anyone tell me more about it. Is it a modified type of lefort 1? Does it push the maxilla forward?

Solution
D
Zygo augmentation isn't as painful and as risky as the upper jaw though
Don't get SARPE unless you need forward movement as well from simultaneous Lefort 1. If you just want expansion, get MSE. It will expand your zygos too but has been shown to cause some asymmetry.
It's Lefort 1 + vertical cut to allow the palate to widen.

What are the aesthetic benefits?
Wider palate, wider mouth, better harmony between mandible and maxilla. You would need zygo augmentation to fix your zygos afterwards though.

• +1
Reactions: coolguy1
why not get MSE or a regular palate expander instead

You would need zygo augmentation to fix your zygos afterwards though.
really? even if you expanded your palate nonsurgically

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
Wider palate, wider mouth, better harmony between mandible and maxilla. You would need zygo augmentation to fix your zygos afterwards though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
Don't get SARPE unless you need forward movement as well from simultaneous Lefort 1. If you just want expansion, get MSE. It will expand your zygos too but has been shown to cause some asymmetry.

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and coolguy1
Solution
I'll get mse and then bimax. Since getting only lefort at a given time would make me look like a bird faced freak 🀣

They do forward lefort 1 movement and sarpe at the same time? Never heard of that before.

• +1
I'll get mse and then bimax. Since getting only lefort at a given time would make me look like a bird faced freak 🀣
MSE will take longer though idk how old you are but maybe you can still ascend during or before college

They do forward lefort 1 movement and sarpe at the same time? Never heard of that before.
Either way..if they don't do forward growth with sarpe then it ain't worth to get your bones cut open

• +1
I'd assume they do. The cut covers the lefort 1 area:

95 P370 i120

I'm not sure if that's possible because the actual expansion of the maxilla happens after the surgery which maybe could cause problems with the maxilla that's held in place by screws and plates and hasn't grown bone yet.

@SixCRY Thoughts?
i dont know a lot about saros but assuming the cut u will need Bimax to heal and remove screw before

i dont know a lot about saros but assuming the cut u will need Bimax to heal and remove screw before
No he is saying that u can have lefort 1 advancement and sarpe during the same surgery, would that be possible?

No he is saying that u can have lefort 1 advancement and sarpe during the same surgery, would that be possible?
it's called multi piece lefort 1 , u can extend palate during lf1

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 7725 and coolguy1
if it can cause asymmetry can it fix asymmetry too?

• +1
I think it worsens asymmetry because it expands the side that is wider already even more
I dont think thats completely true. In some cases it actually fixes the asymmetry
like this one:

Attachments

• mse actually corrected asymmetry in this case which is very weird and different than the usual.jpg
    mse actually corrected asymmetry in this case which is very weird and different than the usual.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 6
  • +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back