Is shelter a biological need?

Deleted member 4612

Deleted member 4612

mentally crippled by lonely teen years
Topic title, is shelter a biological need?

• JFL
Reactions: Gunna
Is water wet?

• +1
Reactions: ( ( ( d[-_-]b ) ) )
Yes. I'd like to hear from someone who thinks otherwise though.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy

It's arguable that you're not gonna die if you don't get shelter

Depending on where you're born, your body can survive without shelter, so it's not strictly a biological need.

• +1
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery, BigBoy, Deleted member 2227 and 1 other person
So yes, shelter is a biological need.

@AutisticBeaner thoughts?
i think of a biological need as the things that are unconditionally necessary for survival, as in water or nutrition. but you don't necessarily need shelter, you can survive as long as the temperature is okay (which i consider a biological need) and there's no other dangers. i'm very inclined to say that it's not a biological need, i'd like to hear an opponent's justification though.

• +1
Reactions: turkproducer
i think of a biological need as the things that are unconditionally necessary for survival, as in water or nutrition. but you don't necessarily need shelter, you can survive as long as the temperature is okay (which i consider a biological need) and there's no other dangers. i'm very inclined to say that it's not a biological need, i'd like to hear an opponent's justification though.

What nutrition is important? Can't you technically survive off just bread?

• JFL
Reactions: ChaddeusPeuterschmit
What nutrition is important? Can't you technically survive off just bread?
Not sure if you can, but sure doesn't sound too healthy. Let's put it like this: consuming the nutrition that is necessary for survival is a biological need. Does that answer your question?

Move from your house then, and just live outside.

I'd prefer not to.

Not sure if you can, but sure doesn't sound too healthy. Let's put it like this: consuming the nutrition that is necessary for survival is a biological need. Does that answer your question?

What if it kills you slowly over time?

Please change you Avi I feel lower T just by looking at it

What? How?

It destroys your mental health, leaves you socially isolated which increases your odds of drug and alcohol abuse, slowly leading to mental and physical decline. Loneliness is equivalent to smoking 15 cigarettes a day according to health experts.

So yes, sex is a biological need.

• +1
What’s the definition of shelter? Does laying under a bridge count as shelter? Do clothes count as shelter? One could definitely live a lifetime outside with enough clothes, and a cover to protect from rain/cold winds

is @BlackBoyo black

• JFL
It destroys your mental health, leaves you socially isolated which increases your odds of drug and alcohol abuse, slowly leading to mental and physical decline. Loneliness is equivalent to smoking 15 cigarettes a day according to health experts.

So yes, sex is a biological need.
What do you not understand? Biological needs are things that are UNCONDITIONALLY NECESSARY for survival. Sex is not. Let's say someone has such a strong mind that he can live life for decades while being completely isolated from any human contact. He'd die at some point, but not because he doesn't have any sex. Do you see the fallacy in your thought process?

• +1
Reactions: turkproducer
Humans would always search for shelter

You would search for an bridge or cave to live, if you didn't had an apartment

Imagine how shitty a life without shelter would be

• +1
Reactions: ChaddeusPeuterschmit
What do you not understand? Biological needs are things that are UNCONDITIONALLY NECESSARY for survival. Sex is not. Let's say someone has such a strong mind that he can live life for decades while being completely isolated from any human contact. He'd die at some point, but not because he doesn't have any sex. Do you see the fallacy in your thought process?

You're redefining it tbh. Sex is healthy for the body. Just like vitamins. You can survive on just bread being malnourished, but will eventually die quicker than if you had proper nutrition.

You should join IncelTears with this "sex isn't a need" mindset.

You're redefining it tbh. Sex is healthy for the body. Just like vitamins. You can survive on just bread being malnourished, but will eventually die quicker than if you had proper nutrition.

You should join IncelTears with this "sex isn't a need" mindset.
Just because it's healthy doesn't mean it's necessary for survival. If you're going by the definition of a biological need as solely the things that are necessary for survival, then all you need is nutrition, water, air, sleep and warmth.

Topic title, is shelter a biological need?
giphy.gif

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: turkproducer and BigBoy
Just because it's healthy doesn't mean it's necessary for survival. If you're going by the definition of a biological need as solely the things that are necessary for survival, then all you need is nutrition, water, air, sleep and warmth.

sex is nutrition for the mind. Mental health is a real thing

dont you think it would be easier to just concede at this point?

No I don't because our bodies are designed to have sex and there are studies that show that as well as showing the negative health effects of missing out on sex.

Don't you think that it would be easier to go to IncelTears with this eununch mindest?

No I don't because our bodies are designed to have sex and there are studies that show that as well as showing the negative health effects of missing out on sex.

Don't you think that it would be easier to go to IncelTears with this eununch mindest?
Negative health effects doesn't mean you're definitely gonna die. What's so hard about seeing the difference between sexual intercourse as a need and the need for things like water, air and such?

Negative health effects doesn't mean you're definitely gonna die. What's so hard about seeing the difference between sexual intercourse as a need and the need for things like water, air and such?

It's not that I don't see the difference, but that doesn't mean sex is not a biological need. You are trying to redefine the definition of biological need.

If you think sex is not a biological need, you're basically saying that nutrition, such as vitamins, minerals, aren't biological needs. NO

If you think sex is not a biological need, you're basically saying that nutrition, such as vitamins, minerals, aren't biological needs. NO
I thought you just agreed with me that there's a difference between them?

I thought you just agreed with me that there's a difference between them?

There is a difference between sex compared to food and water in GENERAL but not nutrition such as vitamins and minerals.

You will die very quickly without water or food.

But your lifespan will be hurt and shortened without proper nourishment.

However, both are still BIOLOGICAL needs.

There is a difference between sex compared to food and water in GENERAL but not nutrition such as vitamins and minerals.

You will die very quickly without water or food.

But your lifespan will be hurt and shortened without proper nourishment.

However, both are still BIOLOGICAL needs.
What? Sex and food is different but sex and nutrition is not?

No man you don’t need shelter to live but it’s nice to have. I could live on a beach for the rest of my life without shelter and be fine

How does that make sense? What do you eat for if not for nutrition?

you can live off bread and just bread, but over time your brain will atrophy and turn to mush

you can live off bread and just bread, but over time your brain will atrophy and turn to mush
are you saying that you'll die at some point because of only eating bread nevertheless?

are you saying that you'll die at some point because of only eating bread nevertheless?

You will die much quicker than if you were to eat a healthy nutritious diet your whole life

You will die much quicker than if you were to eat a healthy nutritious diet your whole life
your body would be weaker because you'd lack something which bread doesn't provide (enough of) and thus easier to kill. if you wanted to make it perfect then you'd have to define this biological need as the need for the minimum of nutrients to survive when no other factors are involved.

your body would be weaker because you'd lack something which bread doesn't provide (enough of) and thus easier to kill. if you wanted to make it perfect then you'd have to define this biological need as the need for the minimum of nutrients to survive when no other factors are involved.

"wanted to make it perfect"?

wanted to make the definition of that need perfect

Well people attacking and killing you is very very low chance in the modern world so I don't think that part is necessary.