Is shelter a biological need?

Because you said earlier:
Oh, well I wasn't specifically referring to other humans. I was more thinking that your immune system would be weaker through which you can get sick easier and also die from that sickness easier.

Oh, well I wasn't specifically referring to other humans. I was more thinking that your immune system would be weaker through which you can get sick easier and also die from that sickness easier.

okay well I'm pretty sure having sex helps your immune system

slowly over time it does just like lack of nourishment
where did you get that information from? my point stands: lack of air kills you, so does a lack of food, a lack of warmth, a lack of sleep and a lack of water. a lack of sex does not.

where did you get that information from? my point stands: lack of air kills you, so does a lack of food, a lack of warmth, a lack of sleep and a lack of water. a lack of sex does not.

word, doesn't change the fact that sex is a biological need

so, do you agree with me that a lack of sex doesn't kill you?

short term yes, it doesn't kill you, but over time it does kill you like lack of important vitamins and minerals. Lack of sex also impairs your ability to function properly

short term yes, it doesn't kill you, but over time it does kill you like lack of important vitamins and minerals. Lack of sex also impairs your ability to function properly
no, just like a lack of certain vitamins a lack of sex doesn't directly kill you. you might get sick easier and die from it, like i said, but you still somehow have to contract that sickness. it doesn't get created by a lack of these things.

no, just like a lack of certain vitamins a lack of sex doesn't directly kill you. you might get sick easier and die from it, like i said, but you still somehow have to contract that sickness. it doesn't get created by a lack of these things.

i think the disease does get created though, as you said "you might get sick easier".

i think the disease does get created though, as you said "you might get sick easier".
well through a worse immune system invaders can be defended against in a less efficient fashion, but one's lack of sex is not what's producing these invaders.

well through a worse immune system invaders can be defended against in a less efficient fashion, but one's lack of sex is not what's producing these invaders.

its indirect but its still a cause

its indirect but its still a cause
no, in this case whatever brought the invader into your body in the first place is the indirect cause, your bad state of health just acts as an expeditor. Whereas a lack of water would be the direct cause of your death, so would a lack of air and so on.

no, in this case whatever brought the invader into your body in the first place is the indirect cause, your bad state of health just acts as an expeditor. Whereas a lack of water would be the direct cause of your death, so would a lack of air and so on.

so I guess you're saying nutrition isn't a biological need?

so I guess you're saying nutrition isn't a biological need?
food is. thats what i meant earlier, if you want to define the biological need of food more specifically, then i'd go with "the need for the minimum amount of nutrition that is needed to survive when no other factors are involved."

food is. thats what i meant earlier, if you want to define the biological need of food more specifically, then i'd go with "the need for the minimum amount of nutrition that is needed to survive when no other factors are involved."

I guess if you wanna make up your own definitions then you win.

I guess if you wanna make up your own definitions then you win.
Where did I make up a definition? I was suggesting a definition for need of bread because thats fairly inaccurate

Where did I make up a definition? I was suggesting a definition for need of bread because thats fairly inaccurate

if you want to define the biological need of food more specifically, then i'd go with "the need for the minimum amount of nutrition that is needed to survive when no other factors are involved."

like i said, I was suggesting a definition for need of bread because thats fairly inaccurate. what would you suggest then? this is the only one that makes sense

like i said, I was suggesting a definition for need of bread because thats fairly inaccurate. what would you suggest then? this is the only one that makes sense

the point is that even if you don't die instantly without sex, its still a biological need. Maslow's hierarchy states it is and that has been seen as a great tool for determining human needs since sex has been shown to be important for health.

the point is that even if you don't die instantly without sex, its still a biological need. Maslow's hierarchy states it is and that has been seen as a great tool for determining human needs since sex has been shown to be important for health.
whats a biological need to you then? cause clearly were not talking about the same thing. ive told you my definition multiple times already.

whats a biological need to you then? cause clearly were not talking about the same thing. ive told you my definition multiple times already.

Something that your body needs to function properly

oh thats odd, i thought we were talking about things which a lack of would cause our body to die

if your body isn't functioning properly, it will die quicker.

Vitamins and minerals are needed dude

if your body isn't functioning properly, it will die quicker.

Vitamins and minerals are needed dude
no shit lol

being unhealthy is an expeditor to getting sick and an expeditor to dying.

in all honesty it's an enigma to me how you're still so convinced of your opinion, after all the arguments that i've provided jfl

no shit lol

being unhealthy is an expeditor to getting sick and an expeditor to dying.

in all honesty it's an enigma to me how you're still so convinced of your opinion, after all the arguments that i've provided jfl

Because you're arguing against Maslow's hierarchy of needs. You're acting like someone from Inceltears
Also:

Last edited:
Because you're arguing against Maslow's hierarchy of needs. You're acting like someone from Inceltears
Also:
i've told you multiple times what i consider a biological need, to which the 5 needs that i've enumerated multiple times as well and only those 5 clearly apply. i don't care how maslow defines a biological need. he did not create the term. ive told you my definition and yet you still disagreed (which is what this whole conversation was about), so clearly you're the one who's in the wrong.

"If these needs are not satisfied the human body cannot function optimally." That's what Maslow sees as a biological need. Nowhere in the text is stated that you will definitely die if you lack a single one of these. Maslow does not claim that you will die without sex.

Last edited:
i've told you multiple times what i consider a biological need, to which the 5 needs that i've enumerated multiple times as well and only those 5 clearly apply. i don't care how maslow defines a biological need. he did not create the term. ive told you my definition and yet you still disagreed (which is what this whole conversation was about), so clearly you're the one who's in the wrong.

"If these needs are not satisfied the human body cannot function optimally." That's what Maslow sees as a biological need. Nowhere in the text is stated that you will definitely die if you lack a single one of these. Maslow does not claim that you will die without sex.

your opinion means nothing, Maslow's definition>your defintion

If you want to create your own definitions for things in life well then go ahead and do it but don't tell me I'm wrong when I'm only wrong if you pull definitions out of your ass

your opinion means nothing, Maslow's definition>your defintion

If you want to create your own definitions for things in life well then go ahead and do it but don't tell me I'm wrong when I'm only wrong if you pull definitions out of your ass
dude we were never talking about maslow, we were talking if you die without sex. which you dont. i told you my definition and you still disagreed. just concede and we can end this, its muxh easier than making up a new excuse everytime i reply.

dude we were never talking about maslow, we were talking if you die without sex. which you dont. i told you my definition and you still disagreed. just concede and we can end this, its muxh easier than making up a new excuse everytime i reply.

I used the term "biolgical need" and I'm sticking with it. This "if you don't get it you die instantly" is not the definition of a biological need. If you want to end the conversation then YOU can concede.

I used the term "biolgical need" and I'm sticking with it. This "if you don't get it you die instantly" is not the definition of a biological need. If you want to end the conversation then YOU can concede.
do you now accept the fact that you dont without a lack of sex?

so we're still argueing about the same thing and you still haven't accepted that you're wrong. how? isn't it obvious?

No I'm not wrong. Sex is a biological need. You keep trying to redefine it. NO. You're not in charge of the definition of biological need.

No I'm not wrong. Sex is a biological need. You keep trying to redefine it. NO. You're not in charge of the definition of biological need.
yes, neither is maslow. thats why im suggesting why shouldnt use the term in the first place. a lack of sex does not kill you, unlike a lack of water, air , warmth, food and sleep.

yes, neither is maslow. thats why im suggesting why shouldnt use the term in the first place. a lack of sex does not kill you, unlike a lack of water, air , warmth, food and sleep.

I think I'll take Maslow's word over yours.

"Biological need"=/=you need it or you'll die very quickly

Shelter for my dick - yes otherwise no.

• +1
Reactions: Dicklet.4.3
my biological need is fucking ops mom

I think I'll take Maslow's word over yours.

"Biological need"=/=you need it or you'll die very quickly
don't you understand? maslow agrees with me. he never claimed that you die definitely without sex

No. People used to be nomads.

don't you understand? maslow agrees with me. he never claimed that you die definitely without sex

he doesn't say "you die without it", but he still calls it a biological need

Last edited:
he doesn't say "you die without it", but he still calls it a biological need
he says you need it to function optimally, which i never denied. yet he never says that its unconditionally necessary for survival, and that has also always been my opinion.

he says you need it to function optimally, which i never denied. yet he never says that its unconditionally necessary for survival, and that has also always been my opinion.

word