title

spent so many years trying to increase mine with little improvement

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: HQNPmaxxing, Preoximerianas, joeveniro and 2 others
Partly

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: EverythingMattersCel, Preoximerianas, Deleted member 15601 and 1 other person
no

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15601
have you improved your
honestly i am the type of person who dont give a fuck, if i wanna talk to you i talk easily, but when i was lik 13, i didnt have the braveness of talking to no one, now im 16 and i do

Tall + gl = socially confident because of positive reinforcements

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Slob, DivineBeing, Deleted member 17345 and 10 others
It might be genetic or just how you think. Im not 100% sure. I was anxious when I was young but since you get older and get more experience. It does not feel as bad anymore.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and ROTTING
being NT in the literal sense can definitely be attributed to genetics which is a huge factor in social confidence, so yeah a lot of it is and the rest is environment obviously

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and Preoximerianas
Yeah, your brain chemistry (being introverted or extroverted)is genetic and you can't change it, you can act more social but you can't physically change your brain and genetics.
Also your physical appearances has impact on your social life too, so if you get positive feedbacks because of your gl face the probabilities of you becoming more social is more than if you were ugly.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Lihito, Deleted member 5786, EverythingMattersCel and 4 others
social confidence can be improved

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32, Preoximerianas, TrestIsBest and 2 others
Your personality is pretty genetic, but there's some room for improvement. For example you can't change whether you're extroverted or introverted but you can change your confidence which may help you appear more extroverted.

You don't really have to be as NT as you can be. It's better to retain your personality and just work on your confidence, social skills and assertiveness. Just go out with people as often as you can and you'll pick a lot of things up, it's important to be confident in your looks/personality though, because dealing with people when you have low self-esteem or you're anxious is kinda counter-productive.

I pretty much managed to turn my life around from having almost no friends to having a big social circle in a matter of 4 years (big social circle more like 2 years, but i have a stable squad of me and 3 best friends now 4 years ago). So it is possible if you invest your time and effort... and health because using alcohol and drugs really speeds up the progress.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32, ROTTING, HQNPmaxxing and 4 others
Two words: Exposure therapy

• +1
Reactions: GymCelNeckPill
title

spent so many years trying to increase mine with little improvement
Its childhood and current socialskills

Really shit social skills aswell as really good socialskills lead to high social confidence.

I have some sperg in my stem class and takes every opportunity he has to show off his math skills to people who cant care less. He is 100% confident in himself and believes he is the main character in an anime

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: White Swordsman and lilhorizontal32
%50

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
Your personality is pretty genetic, but there's some room for improvement. For example you can't change whether you're extroverted or introverted but you can change your confidence which may help you appear more extroverted.

You don't really have to be as NT as you can be. It's better to retain your personality and just work on your confidence, social skills and assertiveness. Just go out with people as often as you can and you'll pick a lot of things up, it's important to be confident in your looks/personality though, because dealing with people when you have low self-esteem or you're anxious is kinda counter-productive.

I pretty much managed to turn my life around from having almost no friends to having a big social circle in a matter of 4 years (big social circle more like 2 years, but i have a stable squad of me and 3 best friends now 4 years ago). So it is possible if you invest your time and effort... and health because using alcohol and drugs really speeds up the progress.
thanks, will try to remember this

Its childhood and current socialskills

Really shit social skills aswell as really good socialskills lead to high social confidence.

I have some sperg in my stem class and takes every opportunity he has to show off his math skills to people who cant care less. He is 100% confident in himself and believes he is the main character in an anime
how tf is he still confident? surprised he didnt get bullied/teased for behaving like that

• +1
Reactions: Bitchwhipper2 and LooksOrDeath
how tf is he still confident? surprised he didnt get bullied/teased for behaving like that
Hes not confident hes retarded. He hasn't been black pilled yet. Not picking up on social ques is characteristic of autism

• +1
Idk.

Ive only been in the same class as him for 1.5 years, and its stem. So everyone is socially retarded and too high inhib to bully him.

• +1
Idk.

Ive only been in the same class as him for 1.5 years, and its stem. So everyone is socially retarded and too high inhib to bully him.
Makes sense

• +1
Reactions: Bitchwhipper2
yes cuz better looks = better confidence but also better looks are associated with better hormones which also drive confidence

I’ve had the opportunities to be NT but I’m fucked when I’m high or drunk. Very induced into paranoia, can’t trust a single soul let alone myself.

Partially genetic (or maybe just random) partially environmental

obviously when you go your whole life having positive social experiences you’re going to be more socially confident than someone who went their whole life having negative ones. But at the same time, everybody knows shy kids and outgoing kids, way before the environment can really affect anything, even babies can be shy or outgoing.

Not even slightly

It’s to do with your health tbh. If you’re a healthy individual (I.e no anxiety etc) you will be socially confident