Is submissiveness the cause of an ugly face?

E

endlessemptiness

Iron
I’m ethnically Asian (Filipino) but this may apply everywhere due to the ubiquity of misformed faces.

Growing up, my family had a clear hierarchy of superiority. Certainly, those of the generation above were to be respected by those below. But even within a generation, older members were to be respected by younger ones.

Now what I’m wondering is if having a low position in a pecking order causes certain behaviors such as rounding of shoulders, a slack jaw or even mouthbreathing, and other behaviors associated with ugliness. In a sense, one could regard soyface as an extreme form of this submissiveness. The reason I feel this is that we naturally assume different body language depending on whom we’re around. We know from personal experiences with dogs that they engage in such behavior, from rolling on their back to curling their tail in fear, and we see various forms of dominance and submission in chimpanzees and other animals. Many mewers have remarked that good bodily posture significantly contribues to results; so how can one successfully mew in a state of mind that causes rounded shoulders? Even our voices get higher in submissive states; perhaps if we grew up that way, the structures involved in a deep voice may likewise never develop.

Whenever I’ve been in a submissive state of mind, it seemed more appropriate to relax my eye and jaw muscles, because if I practiced what we now recognize as mewing or having hunter eyes, there’s this both feel and look to it that I’d only consider…haughty, perhaps to a point of defiance, to the point of challenging the superiority of others. For all the talk of posture, commenters seem reluctant to discuss social or psychological contributions to it.

Having good ‘facial posture’ and posture overall to me always felt challenging, but not physically. It was as if I were inviting others to fight, as if I were a male lion prowling into territory of another pride, as if I were a young yak in the Himalayas or a ram ready to vie for mating rights to a herd. I cite how good posture maximizes height (the real-world signifance of which can be appreciated when standing down a bear in the wild), displays the shoulders (a hallmark of upper body strength), and even thrusts out men’s privates for display (in a state of nature, literally swinging it around; sorry for the visual). A certain amount of confidence or even swagger would be required to pull this off.

Further, every time I tried having good posture as a kid, I had people comment on it immediately, but often not in a positive way. Often it was snide, like, ‘Oh, look at you now,’ as if it were more amusing than impressive, inspiring them to put you down more than to respect you. People certainly notice good posture immediately, but the attention is often negative.

To me, it seems people on the playground, people on the street, people in general have an interest in others being non-threatening, not necessarily for the sake of their physical safety, but to preserve their status. People are territorial. It’s like what Jordan Peterson speaks of with lobsters—but perhaps with crab mentality. And so, the fact that 80% of humans have croniofacial dystrophy may not be some tragic side effect of processed food or curtailed breastfeeding. It may not be a bug, but a feature in life; since humans will always have hierarchies, there will always be superiors and inferiors; by definition, they cannot exist without each other. And so, just as there can only be a small percentage of bulls, stags, studs, Chads necessarily can only be just a portion of men, because it requires adopting a non-submissive look which one will have to defend from intimidation from other men (and likely in actual combat in the wild). Maybe they don't call them 'hunter eyes' for on reason. Maybe they don't call it a warrior skull for no reason, either. Maybe that's why adopting good posture can feel like a Promethean task of continuously rolling a boulder to a hilltop that's always beyond reach. When you're mogged constantly by 6 footers and Chads, that's persistent downward pressure telling you to to submit to it all.

Look with hunter eyes at a parent reprimanding you and they’ll say ‘don’t look at me like that.’ Look at a boss like that and similarly face negative consequences. I learned as well from research that when lifting, or in combat sports (which can be applied to combat in general) one should basically mew as it gives more stability for defense and generating strength and offense. To me, mewing and good (facial) posture itself would inherently be associated with strength and a combat stance, and thus would be perceived as threatening. Of course we'd expect all facial expressions to have an effect on others; we have numerous muscles on the face that researchers haven’t found a function for other than expression, and we have parts of the brain dedicated to analyzing faces. Good facial posture should be no exception. If we adopt good facial posture it would certainly convey a particular message. So if one wanted to be accepted into a hierarchy, it would be of benefit to adopt a submissive look.

It just seems to me that people around you, even family, or perhaps especially family, can suppress your ascension the most. If you are unfortunate enough to be the youngest in a family or community, and others are very guarded about their superiority—as opposed to adopting a supporting role and encouraging you to look proud and stand up straight—then you will never develop your face fully. Is it any wonder that women project onto Chads a bad boy personality? If we were raised to be submissive, do our faces grow longer, grow softer, such that we assume or grow into the 'niceness' or 'creepiness' women will later project onto us over life?

What’s further interesting to me is that women don’t seem to rate men so much in terms of an absolutes i.e. having ‘enough’ height or having a good enough face; it’s not so much about meeting a threshold. A woman rates men more on a curve relative to what else she can get. So basically, it’s the top percentage of the pool (whether that percentage is the top 20 or top 2). But what that means is that it’s about rank, more than absolute looks. And if humans are social animals, and if social animals have pecking orders, does the face merely reflect the degree of your submissiveness, your rank (or perhaps defiance of the social structure), and the years of (facial) posture that sculpted your bones?

I also find it interesting that whites, the most highly rated ethnicity by women, have a vertically flatter social structure than others. Filipinos have almost universally soft faces. East Asian cultures of Japan, Korea, and China are incredibly formal in social structures and minute interactions. Asians eat more ancestral foods than westerners, more of the seafood and guts and fermented stuff. Yet Changs are rare, and in my observation, Chinese and Japanese women have quite crooked teeth. I admittedly haven’t lived in China or Japan, but have lived in cities in the US and gone to schools with a lot of first or second generation Chinese, who presumably ate their parents’ food. And yet, Chads in each ethnicity seem to take on a similar, model-like appearance; as some point out, they seem to be of their own ethnicity. It's as if being a non-Chad that ‘brings out’ or exacerbates one’s ethnic characteristics, makes them more noticeable.

Fully developed faces, I believe, in fact look defiant, because, to me, in this world where others want you to stay down, to stay descended, you in fact have to be defiant, and that you in fact have to attract fights, because the reality is that we ourselves are, like those yaks, like those rams and chimpanzees and dogs and lobsters and crab, just as much animals and territorial and called upon by nature to vie. And just as mammals fight with fangs or horns on their heads, so too do we compete with the bone of our faces.

It just seems to me that there’s a social or psychological dimension to achieving good looks, and if the discourse is to strike at the root of the problem, to see the situation in its entirety, or even just for an individual’s personal use, there’d have to be discussion of that social or psychological contribution to aesthetics.

Has anyone else had such ideas?

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Euclidd, Prettyboy, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 13 others
you forgot to make a tldr

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mug, szolliontaraelis and Deleted member 17791
DID NOT READ.

Your thread is mostly facts, but you're wrong on certain aspects.
Mewing will not give you hunter eyes, it will just ensure your face won't get worse and will develop properly

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16683 and Deleted member 15827
haters gonna hate didnt read GIF

tldr, i only read some of it
environmental factors can affect your looks, but pinoys are already subhuman due to genetics alone so there is no point of coping with enviromental factors

• +1
Reactions: mug
Sorry, I'm new. TLDR is implied in the title, but submissive mindset leads to certain bodily postures which in turn lead to ugly faces. Don't know if I can edit the original post but here it is.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15854
Your thread is mostly facts, but you're wrong on certain aspects.
Mewing will not give you hunter eyes, it will just ensure your face won't get worse and will develop properly
Thanks for the reply, but I didn't mean to say that mewing would give hunter eyes, only that hunter eyes would be good practice in association with mewing as part of good overall 'facial posture.'

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15854 and alriodai
dnrd + schizo post

Yes looks are connected with behavior and the other way around

• +1
Reactions: Slob and endlessemptiness
Thanks for the reply, but I didn't mean to say that mewing would give hunter eyes, only that hunter eyes would be good practice in association with mewing as part of good overall 'facial posture.'
I experienced most of what you said in the thread. My face still developped OK. It could have been way better of course but I still look good neoughto get women

It's all about genetics. And mewing andchewing are helping me now

• +1
Reactions: endlessemptiness
Explain all the 10/10 prettyboy twinks. Doubt they’re especially assertive or masculine. The fact is that it never began.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16683
Lot of cope comments. Think youre onto something tbh. Whenever i get heightmogged i start identifying as short and adopt what you could say is more of a rat posture and demeanor. Im no longer the lion, im the hyena. I stop being the proud, upright standing, chest out med mogger and i become a slouched, creepy smile but resentful semite.
Also when someone in a position of authority starts giving orders/testing/questioning me my voice inevitably goes high pitched, my eyebrows go high and my eyes open wide. Happens with randoms at tve street too. This all plays with ur hormones and brain and defo affects the way women and everyone really sees you.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Slob, nobodyspecial369 and 1 other person
Also i cant think of a chad with strict parents

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20677, PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Slob and 1 other person
It's hard to say either way. Some will say stress damages and contributes to ugliness, but there are attractive and stressed people.

Also, some will tell you that being comfy and relaxed promotes good sense of well-being that then reduces cortisol & increases test/etc. Supposedly the idea is that this then improves looks. The bottom line is it's clearly not so cut and dry, or black and white overall.

I don't know about submissiveness per se. Some say rank and looks relate, but you have ugly people who are powerful & hot "losers" too.

Look at some poor Chadlite or such and then some super-rich, powerful guy with no chin and bug eyes ... It can't just be about hierarchy/rank. Looks give some ranks, but I don't think experiences mold looks so much as you can see looks "settle in" for some even early in life.

I know a guy with a big lower-third, but if you look back at pictures of him as a little kid you could see the lower-third was there.

So I'm not convinced that rank, social experiences, etc. causes or affects looks much. It might, but I can't draw any conclusions/find evidence. People talk of prenatal T, yeah, as that has some science behind it, if you want to go with that. But even still it seems moot for most adults.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Slob, nobodyspecial369 and endlessemptiness
Explain all the 10/10 prettyboy twinks. Doubt they’re especially assertive or masculine. The fact is that it never began.
Good point.

Lot of cope comments. Think youre onto something tbh. Whenever i get heightmogged i start identifying as short and adopt what you could say is more of a rat posture and demeanor. Im no longer the lion, im the hyena. I stop being the proud, upright standing, chest out med mogger and i become a slouched, creepy smile but resentful semite.
Also when someone in a position of authority starts giving orders/testing/questioning me my voice inevitably goes high pitched, my eyebrows go high and my eyes open wide. Happens with randoms at tve street too. This all plays with ur hormones and brain and defo affects the way women and everyone really sees you.
Yeah, you get it. Please take my idea for a spin for a while and see if it applies.

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369 and Deleted member 21531
Dominance is also a better prediction of male mating success than attractiveness. I'm gonna post a thread on what I'm thinking.

T
Dominance is also a better prediction of male mating success than attractiveness. I'm gonna post a thread on what I'm thinking.
Tag me

Sorry, I'm new. TLDR is implied in the title, but submissive mindset leads to certain bodily postures which in turn lead to ugly faces. Don't know if I can edit the original post but here it is.
your replies sound submissive man :lul:

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20677
I’m ethnically Asian (Filipino) but this may apply everywhere due to the ubiquity of misformed faces.

Growing up, my family had a clear hierarchy of superiority. Certainly, those of the generation above were to be respected by those below. But even within a generation, older members were to be respected by younger ones.

Now what I’m wondering is if having a low position in a pecking order causes certain behaviors such as rounding of shoulders, a slack jaw or even mouthbreathing, and other behaviors associated with ugliness. In a sense, one could regard soyface as an extreme form of this submissiveness. The reason I feel this is that we naturally assume different body language depending on whom we’re around. We know from personal experiences with dogs that they engage in such behavior, from rolling on their back to curling their tail in fear, and we see various forms of dominance and submission in chimpanzees and other animals. Many mewers have remarked that good bodily posture significantly contribues to results; so how can one successfully mew in a state of mind that causes rounded shoulders? Even our voices get higher in submissive states; perhaps if we grew up that way, the structures involved in a deep voice may likewise never develop.

Whenever I’ve been in a submissive state of mind, it seemed more appropriate to relax my eye and jaw muscles, because if I practiced what we now recognize as mewing or having hunter eyes, there’s this both feel and look to it that I’d only consider…haughty, perhaps to a point of defiance, to the point of challenging the superiority of others. For all the talk of posture, commenters seem reluctant to discuss social or psychological contributions to it.

Having good ‘facial posture’ and posture overall to me always felt challenging, but not physically. It was as if I were inviting others to fight, as if I were a male lion prowling into territory of another pride, as if I were a young yak in the Himalayas or a ram ready to vie for mating rights to a herd. I cite how good posture maximizes height (the real-world signifance of which can be appreciated when standing down a bear in the wild), displays the shoulders (a hallmark of upper body strength), and even thrusts out men’s privates for display (in a state of nature, literally swinging it around; sorry for the visual). A certain amount of confidence or even swagger would be required to pull this off.

Further, every time I tried having good posture as a kid, I had people comment on it immediately, but often not in a positive way. Often it was snide, like, ‘Oh, look at you now,’ as if it were more amusing than impressive, inspiring them to put you down more than to respect you. People certainly notice good posture immediately, but the attention is often negative.

To me, it seems people on the playground, people on the street, people in general have an interest in others being non-threatening, not necessarily for the sake of their physical safety, but to preserve their status. People are territorial. It’s like what Jordan Peterson speaks of with lobsters—but perhaps with crab mentality. And so, the fact that 80% of humans have croniofacial dystrophy may not be some tragic side effect of processed food or curtailed breastfeeding. It may not be a bug, but a feature in life; since humans will always have hierarchies, there will always be superiors and inferiors; by definition, they cannot exist without each other. And so, just as there can only be a small percentage of bulls, stags, studs, Chads necessarily can only be just a portion of men, because it requires adopting a non-submissive look which one will have to defend from intimidation from other men (and likely in actual combat in the wild). Maybe they don't call them 'hunter eyes' for on reason. Maybe they don't call it a warrior skull for no reason, either. Maybe that's why adopting good posture can feel like a Promethean task of continuously rolling a boulder to a hilltop that's always beyond reach. When you're mogged constantly by 6 footers and Chads, that's persistent downward pressure telling you to to submit to it all.

Look with hunter eyes at a parent reprimanding you and they’ll say ‘don’t look at me like that.’ Look at a boss like that and similarly face negative consequences. I learned as well from research that when lifting, or in combat sports (which can be applied to combat in general) one should basically mew as it gives more stability for defense and generating strength and offense. To me, mewing and good (facial) posture itself would inherently be associated with strength and a combat stance, and thus would be perceived as threatening. Of course we'd expect all facial expressions to have an effect on others; we have numerous muscles on the face that researchers haven’t found a function for other than expression, and we have parts of the brain dedicated to analyzing faces. Good facial posture should be no exception. If we adopt good facial posture it would certainly convey a particular message. So if one wanted to be accepted into a hierarchy, it would be of benefit to adopt a submissive look.

It just seems to me that people around you, even family, or perhaps especially family, can suppress your ascension the most. If you are unfortunate enough to be the youngest in a family or community, and others are very guarded about their superiority—as opposed to adopting a supporting role and encouraging you to look proud and stand up straight—then you will never develop your face fully. Is it any wonder that women project onto Chads a bad boy personality? If we were raised to be submissive, do our faces grow longer, grow softer, such that we assume or grow into the 'niceness' or 'creepiness' women will later project onto us over life?

What’s further interesting to me is that women don’t seem to rate men so much in terms of an absolutes i.e. having ‘enough’ height or having a good enough face; it’s not so much about meeting a threshold. A woman rates men more on a curve relative to what else she can get. So basically, it’s the top percentage of the pool (whether that percentage is the top 20 or top 2). But what that means is that it’s about rank, more than absolute looks. And if humans are social animals, and if social animals have pecking orders, does the face merely reflect the degree of your submissiveness, your rank (or perhaps defiance of the social structure), and the years of (facial) posture that sculpted your bones?

I also find it interesting that whites, the most highly rated ethnicity by women, have a vertically flatter social structure than others. Filipinos have almost universally soft faces. East Asian cultures of Japan, Korea, and China are incredibly formal in social structures and minute interactions. Asians eat more ancestral foods than westerners, more of the seafood and guts and fermented stuff. Yet Changs are rare, and in my observation, Chinese and Japanese women have quite crooked teeth. I admittedly haven’t lived in China or Japan, but have lived in cities in the US and gone to schools with a lot of first or second generation Chinese, who presumably ate their parents’ food. And yet, Chads in each ethnicity seem to take on a similar, model-like appearance; as some point out, they seem to be of their own ethnicity. It's as if being a non-Chad that ‘brings out’ or exacerbates one’s ethnic characteristics, makes them more noticeable.

Fully developed faces, I believe, in fact look defiant, because, to me, in this world where others want you to stay down, to stay descended, you in fact have to be defiant, and that you in fact have to attract fights, because the reality is that we ourselves are, like those yaks, like those rams and chimpanzees and dogs and lobsters and crab, just as much animals and territorial and called upon by nature to vie. And just as mammals fight with fangs or horns on their heads, so too do we compete with the bone of our faces.

It just seems to me that there’s a social or psychological dimension to achieving good looks, and if the discourse is to strike at the root of the problem, to see the situation in its entirety, or even just for an individual’s personal use, there’d have to be discussion of that social or psychological contribution to aesthetics.

yes valid theory great great theory i think it’s true.

There are ofc so many factors but we as humans are designed to read a face instantly and make certain beliefs and assumptions about a person.

And usually it’s correct. or at least it should be after thousands of years of evolution. that’s why we look at a guy who looks like a high t warrior and know instinctively not to mess with him.

And we look at the nerd and see him as weak. personality partially dictates the face i believe

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Slob and Deleted member 21531
JFL I have never seen a Filipino chad, therefore all Filipino men are submissive:feelswhy::feelswhy:

This is an excellent post. I’ve always had ideas of defiance and social stuff indirectly contributing to your looks but could never really articulate it like you just did.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
and the fem men withs scronny bodies and perfect jaws

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro
so shy people can't be sexy 🤓

did not read

submissiveness is a transcendent trait passed through blood, most ugly people are submissive out of their own inferiority complex. ugliness doesn't manifest through submissiveness, it is vice versa and usually AS WELL as looks passed through blood.

didn't read but a good face is objective and ugliness is based on appearance not personality or behaviour

Without reading this text, which I can already tell is low IQ: No, submissiveness has nothing to do with bone structure.

btw read every word twice. top tier greycel. ignore the retards

I've considered this before and you explained it beautifully. every gesture of submission is promoting of cfd. if such gestures are repeated often, it becomes a habit and eventually set in bone. I do believe it starts with family as everything. if you grow up among holes, they will make sure you're as nonthreatening as possible. men dying more, divorces, hole teachers all contribute to it. mothers, even though they want the best for their child usually have no concept of pride or dignity or what it means to be a man therefore they are incapable of raising one. from the day we are born we are told what to do and what not to do. ldaring at least until 18 in useless institutions. even in gym class no effort is made to have kids use proper form. of course most people end up as sissy cucks.

we should strive to be narcy tbh

maybe this has a bigger impact than previously considered

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy and endlessemptiness
this is as ridiculous as some shit like chakras

only fucking retards on this thread