Is sunscreen really necessary

F

flman

Bronze
I have a hard time believing the sun can be that bad for you
Do y’all really avoid the sun?

solar radiation damages elastin structures in skin permenantly, this may lead to fatal skin cancer

• +1
Reactions: mogging, Deleted member 23554, virren and 4 others
solar radiation damages elastin structures in skin permenantly, this may lead to fatal skin cancer
Do you really wear sunscreen for a day your mostly inside?

Do you really wear sunscreen for a day your mostly inside?
if im goimg outsidd i always wear it, inside no i just put up thd blinds

• +1
Reactions: mogging and Deleted member 8771
That is a subjective question

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 23554 and Deleted member 8771
  • +1
Reactions: virren
niacinamide on your skin does way more

• Love it
Reactions: ThousandCuts
  • Love it
Reactions: ThousandCuts
yes, now shut up and put on your sunscreen

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23554
sunscreen and niacinamide do different things. In no way is niacinamide a substitute for sunscreen.

sunscreen and niacinamide do different things. In no way is niacinamide a substitute for sunscreen.
niacinamide, caffeine, aspirin can substitute for sunscreen and avoid the toxic excipients in commercial products

and just because they do different things doesnt mean niacinamide isnt better for skin aging

sun exposure results in more than 80% of visible skin aging. In what way would niacinamide protect you from UV rays? Niacinamide can bring inflation down but it doesn't stop sun rays from penetrating your skin.

sun exposure results in more than 80% of visible skin aging. In what way would niacinamide protect you from UV rays? Niacinamide can bring inflation down but it doesn't stop sun rays from penetrating your skin.
Niacinamide, caffeine and aspirin all have direct protective effects against UV-induced damage on the skin. Search on PubMed and you will see there are even commercial products. As far as I know no product contains all 3 substances but the beauty of them is that they can be taken orally AND applied topically and the effects is synergistic. So, make a water solution containing 4% niacinamide by weight, 0.1% caffeine and 0.1% aspirin and apply topically. When applied to the scalp this may even make hair regrow (for people that need it). Orally, 500mg niacinamide, 200mg caffeine and about 1g is aspirin will have similar effect. Clearly if you do both the oral and topical method you will have much better protection.
Just for your reference, there is a study on PubMed claiming that 4% niacinamide topical solution fully prevented and in some cases reversed photoaging of the skin. Not to mention that niacinamide also protects from UV-induced immune system downregulation.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
I am aware of the usefulness of niacinamide and it's contained in many over-the.counter products these days. That said, there's a big difference between something that prevents or blocks the sun from damaging your skin and your DNA and something that has beneficial effects on already-damaged skin.