Is the baldness gene really maternal?

extreme-overthinker

extreme-overthinker

                                                  
Male pattern baldness gene, is it really sex-linked? (only inheritable through one's mother)
Might as well rope if it isn't.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
No it’s just a cope.

• +1
  • +1

There are many reasons why you could balding. Shortage magnesium/zinc. Bad bloodflow to your scalp. Hair follicles really sensitive to DHT. High cortisol which influences otger hormones and idk.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14848 and Deleted member 6401
It's maternal boyos. Of course it her factors could make you bald too like follicles sensitive to DHT

• +1
Look at roiders with perfect hair. It's genes mostly.

• +1
Look at roiders with perfect hair. It's genes mostly.
Yes, but what I'm what asking is whether or not the gene for male baldness can only be passed down by the mother. Google is giving contradictory information

• +1
For your children's sake find a wife and meet her brothers, her dad, her grandad

• +1
  • +1
For your children's sake find a wife and meet her brothers, her dad, her grandad

Im not having children with a woman under 5'9

• +1
  • +1
That isnt going to work unless you're 6'3+

I'm 6'1. Nah, you guys overexaggerate anything. Yeah, girls want a tall guy. But for a lot of girls, a guy whos taller than them is tall enough.

• +1
Reactions: CyprusGD and Deleted member 6401
I'm 6'1. Nah, you guys overexaggerate anything. Yeah, girls want a tall guy. But for a lot of girls, a guy whos taller than them is tall enough.
I guess u have a point. It's usually the manlettes who demand a guy who's 2 feet taller than they are. But I think 6 inch height difference is ideal.
In anycase it's a complex trait. U could marry a 5'2 midget and still end up with tall CurryChads theoretically speaking.

• +1
I guess u have a point. It's usually the manlettes who demand a guy who's 2 feet taller than they are. But I think 6 inch height difference is ideal.

In anycase it's a complex trait. U could marry a 5'2 midget and still end up with tall CurryChads theoretically speaking.

True. Personally, the ideal girl for me is 5'9-5'10.

I'll go anywhere from 5'6-6'0 tho tbh

• +1
... for betabuxx/settling.. one night stand is the real primal jungle thing. for ONS you need to look like you can kill most other men in proximity.. that's when height/frame relative to other men becomes important. for LTR's, none of the primal shit matters since LTR is a made up thing anyways. doesn't exist in nature.

I agree though I wouldn't have kids with a short or average girl either. I'm 5'9" and the only way my sons will have a chance is if mom is at least 5'8"/5'9"with tall brothers/dad

• +1
Not sure. I always sucked at biology, but this is what confused me;

People hear the balding gene is maternal but then they always ask; "Is your mom's dad bald?" Well, think about it like this. If the balding gene is really maternal, why the hell does it matter if your mom's dad is bald? Shouldn't it be your mom's mom who has the balding gene (but the DHT sensitivity isn't there or at least not as prominent because she's a woman), unless for some reason that balding gene always goes from male to female daughter, and female to male son? If it doesn't matter if your dad is bald, why would it matter if your mom's dad is? Would your mom have inherited balding genes on the basis she's a woman from your dad? People need to think about what they're saying, because AFAIK the genes you inherit from your parents don't change relative to your gender.

Regardless, though, scientists found out it's a combination of factors from both parents' sides and that is literally the answer everyone expected it to be.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: CalulArgintiu59 and Deleted member 6401