is the CS market really oversaturated?

maxilofailo

maxilofailo

blackpilled incarnate
If it is, how long until you think it goes back to normal where you dont have to be the exception to get a job?

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: noobs and nathan
Probably never, especially with AI developing

• +1
  • WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: Miant Gimplants, synock21, JohnDoe and 1 other person
cs degrees are becoming more and more useless, impossible to find a job after graduating. the jobs that are gonna matter most in the future are the ones based in creativity, the arts, etc. because that’s the only thing that an ai can’t replicate, human expression

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: User28823, PrinceLuenLeoncur and maxilofailo
Can't wait for GPs to be replaced by A.I. Doctors are a fucking scam.

• +1
Reactions: SteveLorde, Miant Gimplants and mvp2v1
If it is, how long until you think it goes back to normal where you dont have to be the exception to get a job?
New President.
cs degrees are becoming more and more useless, impossible to find a job after graduating.
A Degree is essentially the only way you can get a CS Job as a Junior, definitely not useless
the jobs that are gonna matter most in the future are the ones based in creativity, the arts, etc. because that’s the only thing that an ai can’t replicate, human expression
What? :ROFLMAO:

• +1
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur
The skills you learn in a CS degree, along with a math double major ideally, such as problem solving and critical thinking, will never, ever go out of fashion. You may not have to code or whatever, but CS will still pay.

• +1
Reactions: 91302
Only entry level front end web development is saturated and even then it is less saturated than othER fields where many new grads can still find jobs such as psychology, law and finance.

• +1
Reactions: BeanletMogger
there are no degrees for that JFL
there’s obviously degrees for that, give it a few years before creative directors become the most sought after job.

cs degrees are becoming more and more useless, impossible to find a job after graduating. the jobs that are gonna matter most in the future are the ones based in creativity, the arts, etc. because that’s the only thing that an ai can’t replicate, human expression
Yes I couldn’t get a job for 6 yrs despite getting a masters and my current job doesn’t pay that well. Comp sci isn’t what it used to be entry level jobs are rare (ones that don’t ask for 3+ years exp) it’s rough I regret and hate this field

• +1
Reactions: Miant Gimplants and vzidel
Yes I couldn’t get a job for 6 yrs despite getting a masters and my current job doesn’t pay that well. Comp sci isn’t what it used to be entry level jobs are rare (ones that don’t ask for 3+ years exp) it’s rough I regret and hate this field
What field r u in?

Web Dev is dead unless you actually know the ins&outs of the entire stack. Anything GPU related is where you should be applying.

• +1
Reactions: Bonecel01 and PrinceLuenLeoncur
What field r u in?

Web Dev is dead unless you actually know the ins&outs of the entire stack. Anything GPU related is where you should be applying.
I tried cyber security but there’s no entry jobs for it 🪦

Now I’m in database officer

• +1
Reactions: 91302
I tried cyber security but there’s no entry jobs for it 🪦

Now I’m in database officer
With a masters degree and a bit of self teaching you can easily get into Gen AI.

Majority of Gen AI is handling data, if u can use PyTorch or TF, most small - med sized companies will bend over for u with a 6fig salary.

• +1
Reactions: Bonecel01
What field r u in?

Web Dev is dead unless you actually know the ins&outs of the entire stack.

Ive been using ChatGPT 4o and it can do everything, not just web dev but even writing code for niche stuff like DPDK. I feel like all of SWE will be dead soon.

Anything GPU related is where you should be applying.

Do you have recommendations for undergraduate projects?

Ive been using ChatGPT 4o and it can do everything, not just web dev but even writing code for niche stuff like DPDK. I feel like all of SWE will be dead soon.
Not in the USA at least, boomer leadership is petrified of ML replacing humans.
Do you have recommendations for undergraduate projects?
Make something production-ish level, and do not put a single project that stems from a tutorial video on ur resume.

• +1
Reactions: SteveLorde, Bonecel01 and Indracelly
i cant stand these prices that these scripters charge they are just begging for their replacement with ai all the ones below 125 iq are going to be replaced with ai soon

Yes and No. If you knew how to become a web dev in 1995 you were a God, now you're a loser that can probably get paid 20-30$ at max for it at the entry level

Its going to keep scaling up, I see basic web/front end developers being fucked over. But backend/firmware/embedded engineers are still going to be in extremely high demand. Just remember that the floor for what you need to do as a CS grad is going to need to be higher and higher every year