Is the skill it takes to do implants vastly overrated?

D

Deleted member 20064

I gave up love and happiness a long time ago
I’m not saying you can do it without any training obviously, I’m just saying I think the skill is overrated and I’ll explain why.

1) “But muh you need to avoid nerves” - Literally people that do filler can even avoid the nerves without even actually seeing them. Most of them train for a very small amount of time. Imagine if you had way more in depth training like a surgeon.

2) Pretty sure nerve damage heals itself after a few years anyway.

3) Even the “best” surgeons still have complications like nerve damage.

4) Western propaganda has invoked a major sense of fear in getting surgery abroad by publicising stupid people who went to shitholes and made bad choices with butchers in the slums of Brazil, Mexico, and india.

MAIN POINT:

5) Precision protocol - aka guided and planned surgery. All the surgeon does is follow the guides, it’s like assembling a coffee table. All they do is follow the guide to drill the whole and then screw it in.

Just to reiterate that I’m not saying without training you can do this you still need to be a medical professional trained in the field. I just think we definitely over exaggerate the skill it takes to do IMPLANTS. And with the right planner like @RealSurgerymax and not a complete dogshit surgeon from the streets of Mumbai.

I’m also not saying that an Italian surgeon isn’t better than say a Turkish surgeon. They probably are. I’m just saying if you were going to get something like a jaw implant there might be diminishing returns on the amount of money spent to the result.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: rdqs, optimisticzoomer, MadTwatter and 4 others
I’m not saying you can do it without any training obviously, I’m just saying I think the skill is overrated and I’ll explain why.

1) “But muh you need to avoid nerves” - Literally people that do filler can even avoid the nerves without even actually seeing them. Most of them train for a very small amount of time.
People who do filler do NOT train to avoid nerves. In fact, they can often pierce them, and you are guaranteed with some pain for a few weeks.

however, it is VERY HARD to get into the nerve with a cannula! Close to impossible! When doing implants, the nerves are damaged in a completely different manner. You HAVE TO HAVE TRAINING to avoid nerves when doing implants. Not the same for the fillers.
2) Pretty sure nerve damage heals itself after a few years anyway.
Sometimes. However, when installing implants, the nerve damage comes from STRETCHING ThE NERVE, or COMPRESSING THE NERVE, not piercing it. This is a completely different ballgame. If the nerve is stretched long enough during implant installation, it is torn, and you can have facial numbness for the rest of your life.
3) Even the “best” surgeons still have complications like nerve damage.
True
4) Western propaganda has invoked a major sense of fear in getting surgery abroad by publicising stupid people who went to shitholes and made bad choices with butchers in the slums of Brazil, Mexico, and india.
True.

This is typical JewPaganda. You are supposed to pay 100,000 for fillers in the US, like a good small slave you are!

Many countries like Turkey have a very comparable work, if not better than american/european surgeons.
MAIN POINT:

5) Precision protocol - aka guided and planned surgery. All the surgeon does is follow the guides, it’s like assembling a coffee table. All they do is follow the guide to drill the whole and then screw it in.
True.

But learning the protocol takes YEARS. Also, there are anatomical variations among patients, so learning anatomy is extremely LONG process, and the number of situations that can happen is almost infinite.
I’m also not saying that an Italian surgeon isn’t better than say a Turkish surgeon. They probably are. I’m just saying if you were going to get something like a jaw implant there might be diminishing returns on the amount of money spent to the result.
It is actually visa versa: reputed names in Turkey >> reputed names in Italy. Just saying.

• +1
Reactions: WanderingBurro, nandor, rooman and 1 other person
People who do filler do NOT train to avoid nerves. In fact, they can often pierce them, and you are guaranteed with some pain for a few weeks.

however, it is VERY HARD to get into the nerve with a cannula! Close to impossible! When doing implants, the nerves are damaged in a completely different manner. You HAVE TO HAVE TRAINING to avoid nerves when doing implants. Not the same for the fillers.

Sometimes. However, when installing implants, the nerve damage comes from STRETCHING ThE NERVE, or COMPRESSING THE NERVE, not piercing it. This is a completely different ballgame. If the nerve is stretched long enough during implant installation, it is torn, and you can have facial numbness for the rest of your life.

True

True.

This is typical JewPaganda. You are supposed to pay 100,000 for fillers in the US, like a good small slave you are!

Many countries like Turkey have a very comparable work, if not better than american/european surgeons.

True.

But learning the protocol takes YEARS. Also, there are anatomical variations among patients, so learning anatomy is extremely LONG process, and the number of situations that can happen is almost infinite.

It is actually visa versa: reputed names in Turkey >> reputed names in Italy. Just saying.

the only nerves that can get damaged are sensory and will heal over a few years or at worse slightly decreased permanent sensation in your face which is almost irrelevant since you never touch shit with your cheekbones jfl i love how people use nerve damage as some buzz word when talking about surgery risks, only nerves that matter are motor

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631, Deleted member 21863, MadTwatter and 4 others
when you go to get your face sliced open , are you going to pick the mumbai jeet with a month of training, or ulrik von looksmaximus in bavaria with 7 years of medical school and a thousand successful surgeries?

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 19766 and Deleted member 18879
Mumabi Jeet with a month or training. Because it's least costly
when you go to get your face sliced open , are you going to pick the mumbai jeet with a month of training, or ulrik von looksmaximus in bavaria with 7 years of medical school and a thousand successful surgeries?

Underrated, not overrated. Surgeon skill is relevant both in avoiding infections as well as making a realistic and pleasing result (implant design). There is a reason many surgeons have a reputation for unnatural-looking results, even if that is exaggerated here.

Something I feel is often overlooked is a surgeon's response rate post-operation. I don't worry as much about complication rates (still make sure they're low though) if surgeons have a good track record on providing revisions and making sure they don't get out of hand. Double thumbs up if they know how to revise and handle the botched work of other surgeons. In short you don't want a surgeon who does good work most of the time but will just ghost you the moment you start developing infections

Only surgeries that matter is eye color change and teeth

I think people mean implant design not installation when they say skill

I think people mean implant design not installation when they say skill
I've heard RSM say that a lot of surgeons don't know how to place an implant correctly. My chin implant was placed too high for instance.

I've heard RSM say that a lot of surgeons don't know how to place an implant correctly. My chin implant was placed too high for instance.
Interesting I heard implants can only snap into one position but that could be custom only.