Is there a final consensus about filler migration/degradation mechanism?

Deusmaximus

Deusmaximus

Kraken
So people say filler stays in your face and only migrates away. If thats true, is there no biological mechanism where the body can break down the filler? And if there is a mechanism, why does the body not break down all the filler?? I mean hyaluronic acid is a natural product of our body and usually also goes down with time. Still there are people say their filler are still in their face after years.

• +1
Reactions: bogii
So people say filler stays in your face and only migrates away. If thats true, is there no biological mechanism where the body can break down the filler? And if there is a mechanism, why does the body not break down all the filler?? I mean hyaluronic acid is a natural product of our body and usually also goes down with time. Still there are people say their filler are still in their face after years.
It's overblown tbh. There is a risk of course, but filler won't migrate if you inject onto the bone. People here always say implants are superior but tbh they are absolute garbage for definition/angularity. Tbh there really isn't a good permanent solution for people who are boneless. Fillers are the best option we have at this point as implants are unreliable.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Htrtt, arabcelxxx, fernandobrocolli and 2 others
WDYM "no mechanism to break down the filler"? Filler is gradually dissolved by the body 100%: it is a fact.

The papers and YT videos which show residual filler on MRI never state HOW MUCH filler is left. MRI is a VERY sensitive method, which DETECTS WATER. And filler works by absorbing water. It means, no matter how much filler you have left in your skin, even if the amount is microscopic, MRI WILL show it.

IS it visible? NO. Does it matter? NO. There are literally trace amounts that influence nothing.

As for the patient stories, Badg96 already told us today that he is bloated. Yesterday, he said he used Tren. ANd last week, he talked about Kebab. Should we all listen to Badge? :Comfy:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Gladiator, Deprived, fernandobrocolli and 3 others
I'm getting them too for angularity after my rhino, let's see how bloated my already bloated face will get :love:

So people say filler stays in your face and only migrates away.
3rd option.
SOME of the filler stay, and some get broken down.
If thats true,
not true
is there no biological mechanism where the body can break down the filler?
it can and it does. imo, JUST not all of it. there will remain like 25% - 30% i guestimate. Which will magrate also
And if there is a mechanism, why does the body not break down all the filler?? I mean hyaluronic acid is a natural product of our body and usually also goes down with time. Still there are people say their filler are still in their face after years.
not just pure hyaluronic acid is in it.

but what i read on here is, if you do sports/gym the filler will disappear even faster :feelsbadman:

It's overblown tbh. There is a risk of course, but filler won't migrate if you inject onto the bone.
My surgeon told me the same. If he injects the filler under the muscles and soft tissue right on the bone, it should not really migrate.

My surgeon told me the same. If he injects the filler under the muscles and soft tissue right on the bone, it should not really migrate.
Instead of fillers can't they implant bone-material?

Cutting out a bit of bone from somewhere else and placing it @ cheeks.

It's overblown tbh. There is a risk of course, but filler won't migrate if you inject onto the bone. People here always say implants are superior but tbh they are absolute garbage for definition/angularity. Tbh there really isn't a good permanent solution for people who are boneless. Fillers are the best option we have at this point as implants are unreliable.
How are implants garbage for angularity? Implants are literally the option of models to create definition, you have no fucking idea what you’re talking about. Fillers were never intended to create definition but to create volume.

How are implants garbage for angularity? Implants are literally the option of models to create definition, you have no fucking idea what you’re talking about. Fillers were never intended to create definition but to create volume.
Have you gone through most implant results? Look at some of the people who get implants on this site. Most of them end up looking even more bloated than before.

Have you gone through most implant results? Look at some of the people who get implants on this site. Most of them end up looking even more bloated than before.
Some guys get bad implants because they visit doctors like Eppley who does whatever the patient asks. Even when they don’t get natural looking results like @Win200, they still don’t look bloated bc implants are not made of hydrophilic substances like fillers. Implants do not attract water.

Some stay, some are reabsorbed by the body, in the beggining a lot are reabsorbed, but at the same time what stay pull water, so it compensate.
As migration I dont know exactly if it will always happen, or can be avoided, but I know that there is a product that removes fillers if you desire, so its reversible

I dont trust implants, because I read that it can sink and erode you own bone