Is there a type of surgery that make eyes appear more open and less "sleepy"?

R

ronald_2

Bronze
As you can see, in a relaxed state my irises are not completely visible, specially in my right eye. This makes me look tired, bored, and overall its just a bad look.

In the second picture I'm forcing my eyes open, and the irises are almost entirely visible. IMO I look a lot better this way.

Is there a way I can achieve this look?

Thanks in advance.

20241020 190259 1

20241020 190305 1

Canthoplasty.

Although you are asian, idk if thats gonna work on you. May look uncanny

Blepharoplasty.

It should make your eye area appear bigger if not then canthoplasty is the next best thing

Blepharoplasty.

It should make your eye area appear bigger if not then canthoplasty is the next best thing
I've seen a lot of b/a of blepharoplasty and basically all it does is to remove excess skin in the upper eyelids, but the amount of iris exposure remains the same. Only in extreme cases of very old people with a lot of sagging skin that covers most of their eyes is where it actually makes a difference in the amounf of iris exposure.

Arguebly too alert eyes look psychotic, don't overdo it if you go for it.

• +1
Reactions: ronald_2
Arguebly too alert eyes look psychotic, don't overdo it if you go for it.
You're right. I want to achieve looking like in the second pic. I feel they look allright there, not like a crazy person. What do you think.

You're right. I want to achieve looking like in the second pic. I feel they look allright there, not like a crazy person. What do you think.
I think less rounded eyes, thus, less sclera show, while saving the central height, would look better, but my taste can be different to, say, Asian taste in that.

• +1
blepharoplasty wouldnt really reccomend doing it in ur case tbh

• +1
blepharoplasty wouldnt really reccomend doing it in ur case tbh
I agree with you. That procedure usually is meant for old people that have sagging upper eyelid skin. This is not my case. In my case my eyes tend to rest in a semiclosed position. Its different.

I agree with you. That procedure usually is meant for old people that have sagging upper eyelid skin. This is not my case. In my case my eyes tend to rest in a semiclosed position. Its different.
If u would do something about it right now u risk looking uncanny

• +1
Right answer is ptosis repair

• Woah