Is there absolutely no way to dreadmax without looking ghetto?

DrkNormie

DrkNormie

Iron
I'm just thinking that I would look good with long hair that flows down(I already have long enough hair that stretches down to my lips when i pull it) so dreads came to mind, but at the same time I feel as though dreadmaxxing the usual way would fuck me over career-wise.
Could dreads tied back like this
or dreads parted to the side like this
somewhat negate the ghetto look?

If not what other hair styles could a blackcel try out that won't look ghetto but still stay long.

more dreads that are thinner/finer and don’t fully cover your face + an old money style + actually having money will negate the ghetto

no tbh, with dreads you will always look thugmaxxed or jamaicanmaxxed unless you get really weird dreads but atp just get a diff cut

Step 1 stop being self hating and Just get a middle part deadass either way theres no way to style dreads to make them look "not ghetto" just dont have them in your face. A non black employer cant tell the difference all they see is dreads so it doesnt matter how you style it if you have a boss whos ignorant then your fucked. most young people dont see dreads in a ghetto way espec in blue states its a halo

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167 and Luh?nn?
appreciate and love your hair.
No matter what you do or how you wear your hair, you’ll always be seen as ghetto by racist employers. You can’t really escape that.

• +1
Reactions: VolcelFTW
why working for the white man when you can rep the set?

Just get the dreads you like and don't speak like a hoodlum. At my uni the high iq black kids wear dreads and manage to get internships and jobs lined up (stem focused jobs like engineering/SWE). However finance may be a different story due to the overwhelming amount conservative white males in leadership positions.

So just act like this nigga from boondocks and you'll be fine:
Tom Dubois, a mild-mannered formal speaking black

I'm just thinking that I would look good with long hair that flows down(I already have long enough hair that stretches down to my lips when i pull it) so dreads came to mind, but at the same time I feel as though dreadmaxxing the usual way would fuck me over career-wise.
Could dreads tied back like this View attachment 2791262 View attachment 2791266 or dreads parted to the side like this View attachment 2791267 View attachment 2791271View attachment 2791272 somewhat negate the ghetto look?

If not what other hair styles could a blackcel try out that won't look ghetto but still stay long.
I think longer thinner dreads along with the type of fit an old white man would wear (cargos, polo shirt, nice belt) could def be old money maxxed

more dreads that are thinner/finer and don’t fully cover your face + an old money style + actually having money will negate the ghetto
nigga said old money style dreads

• JFL
Reactions: distance decay and butterworld
Go for chief keef dreads and wear ralph lauren, or waves