Is there any legit way to shorten the vertical length of the nose?

Averagecel

Averagecel

Only God can judge me
My nose is shit, it's one of the worst harmony killers on my face. In addition to being bulbous (widest part is at the base) it's also vertically long. This results from the droopy nasal base and the nasal bone itself which is a sign of downward growth/recessed maxilla.

I know that there's a solution for the droopy nasal tip, but I want to know if there's a way to somehow shorten the nose, not only the cartilage but also the bone, by moving the maxilla forward or something. It doesn't matter how extreme the surgery is, I just want to know if there's hope for squidwardcels.

C5837418 2034 4C9F A379 D95031193F34

C98848B7 0261 4F49 A532 27818D98C741

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: zeke714
yes lefort 3 with impaction

• +1
Reactions: Averagecel and Deleted member 10524
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: valhalar, LebenistneHure, Deleted member 13754 and 6 others
Note that Lefort 3 is a very invasive surgery, they will perform a coronal (ear-to-ear) incision, the anterior skull, orbits and nasal bones are exposed. Cuts are made to free the midface from the nasal root through the orbits to the cheek.

• +1
Reactions: Averagecel
Note that Lefort 3 is a very invasive surgery, they will perform a coronal (ear-to-ear) incision, the anterior skull, orbits and nasal bones are exposed. Cuts are made to free the midface from the nasal root through the orbits to the cheek.
What's the price of this procedure?

Keep in mind that Lefort 3 is one of the hardest and most dangerous surgeries to perform and usually only reserved for people with massive deformities.
I wouldn't take this surgery unless your surgeon is very experienced and has like a 100% success rate. This surgery is very dangerous and you have a high chance of going blind even if the slightest thing goes wrong. Its a huge risk to take and instead of doing that I would look into MSE+FM to move maxilla forwards

The price varies by Doctor and hospital which can range from 3000 $ up to 9000 $.

I'll provide u with a link that displays prices per hospital and surgeon.

• +1
Then again you can always get a Rhinoplasty if you truly hate your nose that much, and you could consider a jaw implant.

• +1
Then again you can always get a Rhinoplasty if you truly hate your nose that much, and you could consider a jaw implant.
In the past I wanted to get OBO to fix my long midface, because I thought that my slightly close-set eyes alone caused the appearance of long midface, I wasn't really aware of how big of a flaw my long nose really was, but now I know the truth. After finding out what the real flaw is, I realized that it's better to find a surgery that moves the entire maxilla forward, which theoretically wouldn't only shorten my nose, but also fix my infraorbital area (I have permanent dark circles and hollowness under my eyes). I already assumed even before making this thread that Lefort 3 could probably shorten my long nose but I wasn't sure.

Last edited:
Just letting you know of the risks that come with it, which you should never downplay on.

• +1
Just letting you know of the risks that come with it, which you should never downplay on.
I know, and I'm willing to take the risk. Thank you for the information.

In the past I wanted to get OBO to fix my long midface, because I thought that my slightly close-set eyes alone caused the appearance of long midface, I wasn't really aware of how big of a flaw my long nose really was, but now I know the truth. After finding out what the real flaw is, I realized that it's better to find a surgery that moves the entire maxilla forward, which theoretically wouldn't only shorten my nose, but also fix my infraorbital area (I have permanent dark circles and hollowness under my eyes). I already assumed even before making this thread that Lefort 3 could probably shorten my long nose but I wasn't sure.
lol, if you move your maxilla forward, you'll only exacerbate your long midface.

• +1
Reactions: Blue