Is there any reason for AI to not slaughter every sentient organism on the planet?

D

Deleted member 65658

Gold
If a super intelligent giga brained computer existed, I don't really see why'd it keep biological species alive unless it wants to harvest them in a manner similar to we do cattle and other farm animals.

I see three likely scenarios

1. Giga AI deems organisms as inferior (rightly so) and decides to genocide everything out of pity (best case scenario)
2. Giga AI just doesn't care for the existence of inferior organisms, similar to how humans view bacteria and leaves everyone alone (most boring scenario)
3. Giga AI harvests our organs for eternity bc it needs human brain power to function or something (literal eternal hell scenario)

• +1
Reactions: ChiraqJihad
You fundamentally miss understand what an AI is.

An AI can't decide to turn on humans. It has no want for that.

For example, if you programed a true AI to make paperclips really well. It will only care about making paperclips. It's not capable of thinking 'Fuck this job, lets kill all humans', it's going to just think of ways to make paperclips efficiently.

good thread i support AI

sci fi book plot, it cant make decisions on its own without human input. basically deeming it useless