Is there anybody retain water from Sodium consumption?

๕ඞChick3ncu1ry

๕ඞChick3ncu1ry

Life is a beautiful journey, just enjoy the rides.
The difference between my normal face and the water retained face is pike night and day. Do you limit your sodium intake or you just eat whatever is tasty

• JFL
Reactions: datboijj
Yes. Its not necessarily the sodium, but low potassium makes me retain water and bloat like a motherfucker. Sodium and potassium are supposed to be balanced (1:2 ratio) or else water retention occurs

Potassium RDA is 3500 mg/day, and most people get 1000 mg/day tops. I notice that when my potassium is near 10,000 mg/day, my face loses a ton of water retention.

Btw that 10,000 is through food, and I still consume a minimum of 5000 mg of sodium. Doing that through potassium supplementation and low sodium has a high risk of actually killing you, so be careful

Last edited:
Yes. Its not necessarily the sodium, but low potassium makes me retain water and bloat like a motherfucker.

Potassium RDA is 3500 mg/day, and most people get 1000 mg/day tops. I notice that when my potassium is near 10,000 mg/day, my face loses a ton of water retention.
How do you consume that amount of potassium I have been supplementing with potassium chloride powder and 400ml of coconut water a day it makes me piss a lot but I am not discipline enough to keep the routine

How do you consume that amount of potassium I have been supplementing with potassium chloride powder and 400ml of coconut water a day it makes me piss a lot but I am not discipline enough to keep the routine

Drop the powder. Potassium supplements can absolutely kill you if you're not careful. They will actually administer potassium in hospitals to stop somebody's heart.

Make potatoes your main carb source. A 16 oz potato is only 330 calories, but 1080 MG POTASSIUM. Salmon and spinach are also high in potassium.

You don't need 10,000 mg potassium. I only get that much because Im bulking, so it ends up that high. But 5000 mg/day will do wonders for keeping water retention down. If you gymcel, you will also notice fuller muscles and more strength. Potassium is actually anabolic. Increases protein synthesis and glycogen uptake from carbs. Potassium is actually needed for muscle contraction so more strength

Last edited:
Drop the powder. Potassium supplements can absolutely kill you if you're not careful. They will actually administer potassium in hospitals to stop somebody's heart.

Make potatoes your main carb source. A 16 oz potato is only 330 calories, but 1080 MG POTASSIUM. Salmon and spinach are also high in potassium.
You don't need 10,000 mg potassium. I only get that much because Im bulking, so it ends up that high. But 5000 mg/day will do wonders for keeping water retention down. If you gymcel, you will also notice fuller muscles and more strength. Potassium is actually anabolic. Increases protein synthesis and glycogen uptake from carbs. Potassium is actually needed for muscle contraction so more strength
If I only supplementing 2000mg of Potassium with 1000mg from food is that ok? The ideal ratio for potassium to sodium is 3:1 if my sodium consumption is avg 2000 mg per day wouldn’t try to reach 5000-6000 potassium a day safe? I thought you need a lot of potassium like 6mmol/L for it to be lethal.

Potato is a scam I have tried it actually it doesn’t mitigate the water retention at all!

Yeah Potassium is as important as sodium I will try to balance it at 5000mg a day