Is there anything that makes you prefer following religious teachings over science?

ChadFucksYourOneitis

ChadFucksYourOneitis

🚩卐 Dharmic heathen 卐
Honestly, I find myself leaning towards science most of the time, but I do see how some people find comfort or guidance in religious teachings, especially when it comes to big life questions.

In science, there is probably no such a thing as life after death, your consciousness is measured by your brain activity. Consciousness is not a separate entity from your body. A consciousness just ceases to exist when there is no more brain activity. It is not even an eternal darkness. You will feel nothing.

Every late night, when I think about this, I always panic in terror and can't sleep."

How about you? Do you prefer one over the other?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: silently_said, maarda and isis_Bleach
Buzz Aldrin took a communion when he was on the moon. Even in the most technologically advanced endeavors, people often carry their beliefs with them.

Honestly, I find myself leaning towards science most of the time, but I do see how some people find comfort or guidance in religious teachings, especially when it comes to big life questions.

In science, there is probably no such a thing as life after death, your consciousness is measured by your brain activity. Consciousness is not a separate entity from your body. A consciousness just ceases to exist when there is no more brain activity. It is not even an eternal darkness. You will feel nothing.

Every late night, when I think about this, I always panic in terror and can't sleep."

How about you? Do you prefer one over the other?
I believe that we have a soul but no clue what happens after death maybe it jst goes into the ground or smth or it takes you to another dimension

• +1
Reactions: ChadFucksYourOneitis