Is there anyway to fix a vertical/downward sloping jawline?

Evil Genius

Evil Genius

Iron
Jawlines

Is there any way to fix a vertical jawline like say one that is even worse than 152 degrees? and end up with a straight forward growth jawline like 115 or 128 through surgery or mewing(lol)?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
If I am not wrong this is what is referred to a steep occlusal plane, right? I have a similar jawline although I feel it is better than not having a distinct defined jawline.Cause may be a short ramus. The answer is jaw angle implants imo.

• +1
If I am not wrong this is what is referred to a steep occlusal plane, right? I have a similar jawline although I feel it is better than not having a distinct defined jawline.Cause may be a short ramus. The answer is jaw angle implants imo.
yeah I think the steep occlusal plane is correct. I read somewhere that an Counter clockwise rotation can maybe mix this, but there isn't a lot of information out there tbh.

Jaw implants can be a cheaper alternative but many people say they are not very reliable.

I hope it isn't ogre for steepjawcels lmao.

• +1
yeah I think the steep occlusal plane is correct. I read somewhere that an Counter clockwise rotation can maybe mix this, but there isn't a lot of information out there tbh.

Jaw implants can be a cheaper alternative but many people say they are not very reliable.

I hope it isn't ogre for steepjawcels lmao.
AFAIK counter clockwise rotation is a completely different thing used to achieve different outcomes, I may be wrong though. From what I hear jaw implants these days are much better than they were in the past. The main advantages are that they are safer and less intrusive. I would want a long ramus with a good gonial angle too. I might look into this later after I finish other aspects of my looksmaxing.

• +1
Also called the gonial angle

And yes, you can reduce the vertical height in the front by genioplasty, or increase the vertical height of the ramus with implants

I recommend option #2 because more jaw mass is always better

Last edited:
  • +1
AFAIK counter clockwise rotation is a completely different thing used to achieve different outcomes, I may be wrong though. From what I hear jaw implants these days are much better than they were in the past. The main advantages are that they are safer and less intrusive. I would want a long ramus with a good gonial angle too. I might look into this later after I finish other aspects of my looksmaxing.
Interesting, I will do more research into jaw implants and see if they are a stable and long term option.
Also called the gonial angle

And yes, you can reduce the vertical height in the front by genioplasty, or increase the vertical height of the ramus with implants

I recommend option #2 because more jaw mass is always better
the mandible slope is affected by the gonial angle? what about the ramus? I just want my mandible to go straight forwards instead of look like it's falling off downwards.

• +1
Interesting, I will do more research into jaw implants and see if they are a stable and long term option.

the mandible slope is affected by the gonial angle? what about the ramus? I just want my mandible to go straight forwards instead of look like it's falling off downwards.

Mandible slope IS the gonial angle.

And as I said you have 2 options -

1) bring the ramus down by adding vertical height to it
OR
2) Reduce the vertical height of your chin with genioplasty chin reduction

• +1
Mandible slope IS the gonial angle.

And as I said you have 2 options -

1) bring the ramus down by adding vertical height to it
OR
2) Reduce the vertical height of your chin with genioplasty chin reduction
my chin is already bad fam, I can't do a chin reduction and if anything I need a sliding genio or chin implant lol. So option 2 seems off the table.

Can you elab on option 1? You mentioned gonial implants above but what about surgical options? Is there any surgery which can rotate the ramus and mandible upwards?

• +1
my chin is already bad fam, I can't do a chin reduction and if anything I need a sliding genio or chin implant lol. So option 2 seems off the table.

Can you elab on option 1? You mentioned gonial implants above but what about surgical options? Is there any surgery which can rotate the ramus and mandible upwards?

If your chin is also weak, then you should just get full wrap around jaw implants
Costs about $15k and the results are insane. It can add vertical height, horizontal breadth as well as forward projection all at once. Also can potentially improve the symmetry in your lower third because they are custom made for each individual

You can pm me a pic if you want me to give my opinion on it

• +1
The best method is double jaw surgery but it is the biggest facial surgery one can undertake. If your chin is at a steep downward angle your maxilla is probably recessed by having a downward facial development which the surgery will help fix.

Last edited:
  • +1