is there are people who make steady money from betting on sports?

koalendo

koalendo

certified misogynist
I'm not talking about regular gamblers, I'm talking about people who bet on sports to make a living or an extra source of living.
the kind of people who understand the sport and the odds enough to know when to bet and how much to bet.
it's kind of like stocks, you are not guaranteed your money you lose some money there but you make more money elsewhere.
is this realistic? do these people exist?

• JFL
Reactions: Chintuck22
probably not tbh
even when you make the most rational decision you can still lose a bet
and to make good money you have to risk a lot

• +1
Reactions: Acnno and koalendo
There are lots, they use statistics and look for odds that are incorrect. Most of them use Twitter as a platform.

• +1
Reactions: koalendo
There are lots, they use statistics and look for odds that are incorrect. Most of them use Twitter as a platform.
how do I get into that? or learn more about it?

how do I get into that? or learn more about it?
I don't do betting right now only stocks. Reddit is probably ok. You can check out @blockenbetting on Twitter. He's pro and has made over a milli I'm pretty sure.

You can but the bookmakers make it difficult if you are constantly winning by limiting the amount you can bet if you are successful. The way you make money is by finding instances where bookmakers probablity is not accurate compared to the true probability (bookmakers probability of a team winning is sometimes loaded one way or another) then use the kelly criterion to decide how much to bet.

• +1
Reactions: RichardSpencel
just fart

• +1
Reactions: hennypapi, coolguy1 and Ronnie Kray
@Gazzamogga

its extremely difficult to make profits of sports betting, the most skilled can't even win 60% of their total bets

I know a guy who makes consistent profit but he's really high IQ. It's doable.

matched betting works

I used to but I got banned from 5 different betting sites so now I just ldar.