Is There Such a Thing as a "Free Lunch" With Medications?

Part-Time Chad

Part-Time Chad

Diamond
I've experimented for almost a decade with almost every antidepressant and antianxiety drug on the market. My objective was to become more outgoing and lower my inhibitions, so I could become popular and slay. But I eventually came to the conclusion that there's no 'free lunch'. For every benefit that you enjoy from a medication, you will suffer a side effect. In my case, the side effects became so bothersome from the medications, that I actually had to give them up.

But this was years ago, and so I'm wondering if things have changed.

Is there anything that I can take now that will make me more outgoing and lower my inhibitions, with minimal to no side effects?

Does such a substance exist? I'm guessing it doesn't, or else everyone would be on it, am I right?

For sure, yes.

I've experimented for almost a decade with almost every antidepressant and antianxiety drug on the market. My objective was to become more outgoing and lower my inhibitions, so I could become popular and slay. But I eventually came to the conclusion that there's no 'free lunch'. For every benefit that you enjoy from a medication, you will suffer a side effect. In my case, the side effects became so bothersome from the medications, that I actually had to give them up.

But this was years ago, and so I'm wondering if things have changed.

Is there anything that I can take now that will make me more outgoing and lower my inhibitions, with minimal to no side effects?

Does such a substance exist? I'm guessing it doesn't, or else everyone would be on it, am I right?
I think such a medicine can’t exist. If your brain isn’t healthy and regulates the receptors wrong every medicine you take will be down regulated. The only way is to fix your brain itself.

which is what we call mental addiction. I think that classification is retarded as I used to think „oh it’s just mental it can’t be that bad“. But it’s not just mental. It’s not just in your head. Your most important organ, your brain, will take actual damage.

I think such a medicine can’t exist. If your brain isn’t healthy and regulates the receptors wrong every medicine you take will be down regulated. The only way is to fix your brain itself.

which is what we call mental addiction. I think that classification is retarded as I used to think „oh it’s just mental it can’t be that bad“. But it’s not just mental. It’s not just in your head. Your most important organ, your brain, will take actual damage.
I wonder if I haven't already damaged my brain from all those medications. I'm definitely not as sharp, nor as focused, as I was before taking them.

I wonder if I haven't already damaged my brain from all those medications. I'm definitely not as sharp, nor as focused, as I was before taking them.
Who cares about being smart? It’s about being happy and active. If you don’t feel joy meeting people or doing things you probably have a fucked brain

Who cares about being smart? It’s about being happy and active. If you don’t feel joy meeting people or doing things you probably have a fucked brain
Yeah, I don't feel joy meeting people, or doing things anymore. I might have a fucked brain from the meds, or I might just be jaded.

• +1
Reactions: one job away