Is this a good upper routine for a gym beginner ?

twilight

twilight

o
51F0A2EC 7BC2 4980 8E68 4775F0929206

Solution
twilight
i’m just training to look good I don’t care about incel lifts like deadlifting so please don’t mention that thanks
i’m just training to look good I don’t care about incel lifts like deadlifting so please don’t mention that thanks

• JFL
Reactions: gymcel_retard
Solution
nah dogshit all upper body muscles in one day is too much

do you have a good upper lower routine you could share please
tbh I just go to the gym and do whatever I feel like depending on energy, what needs work on, what is recovering. I think thats much better and fun you will get very bored from doing the same shit everyday and you need to shock your muscle

• +1
Reactions: twilight
Shocking your muscle isn't really the way to go, progressive overload will allow you to make massive gains as a beginner.

Too much volume for a beginner in your routine I'd say, also during each session go from compound movements that affect many muscles (bench press, pullups, rows, squats) to those that isolate certain muscles (lateral raises, bicep exercises)

For starting out I'd recommend an upper body day as follows:
Bench press 3 x 10
Pullups / lat pulldowns (if you cant do pullups yet) 4x 10
Dumbbell incline bench press 3 x 10
Bent over Barbell rows 4 x 10
Shoulder press 3 x 10

most important thing as a beginner is to be consistent, you will become more competent over time so don't worry too much about specific splits. I actually did a full body split for 5 years and it still worked well

• Love it
Reactions: twilight
too much random shit, why are you doing both hammer curls and bicep curls? why both cable rows and lat pulldowns? why incline bench and dips?

don't fall for the variety meme, doing a lot of things just makes you mediocre at all of them rather than being good at some.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055 and twilight
too much random shit, why are you doing both hammer curls and bicep curls? why both cable rows and lat pulldowns? why incline bench and dips?

don't fall for the variety meme, doing a lot of things just makes you mediocre at all of them rather than being good at some.
don’t we need at least 2 exercises per muscle group? i feel only doing bicep curl or just lat pull down isn’t enough volume

don’t we need at least 2 exercises per muscle group? i feel only doing bicep curl or just lat pull down isn’t enough volume
I've build my entire physique on 4 compounds and 2 accessories.

if you're going to isolate your arms, do both biceps and triceps, i.e hammer curls and skullcrushers.

if you feel like your lat pull downs weren't enough do more of them, the more you do something the better you get at doing it.

• +1
Reactions: boss8055
it's comical. You shouldn't do shoulder press before chest press movements. Likewise, you shouldn't be doing bicep movements before back or tricep movements before shoulder press/chest press

• +1
Reactions: boss8055 and twilight
it's comical. You shouldn't do shoulder press before chest press movements. Likewise, you shouldn't be doing bicep movements before back or tricep movements before shoulder press/chest press
what routine would you recommend