Is this diet/macro profile considered Keto?

Nims

Nims

👉👈
This is what I am currently eating.
Its what I ate yesterday and what I will eat for the for the next few weeks etc.

70% Protein + 5% Carbs + 25% Fats

I've been looking into keto and it seems everyone is talking about high fat amounts but I am quite fine with a lower amount. Is it a necessary requirement to have more fat or does this diet look ok?

• +1
Reactions: Moggie
How many calories is it? Is it impossible to gain mass/bulk on a low carb diet idk how I’m supposed to get anywhere near 3300 calories on just meat

• +1
Reactions: Nims
How many calories is it? Is it impossible to gain mass/bulk on a low carb diet idk how I’m supposed to get anywhere near 3300 calories on just meat
1200 kcals.
Im on quite a big deficit atm.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 20631
  • +1
Is it impossible to gain mass/bulk on a low carb diet idk how I’m supposed to get anywhere near 3300 calories on just meat
I dont think so just a bit harder you would need to eat alot of meat and just make sure you are keeping your carbs low.
I think the carnivore diet is quite popular for low carb & high meat so that might be good for gains.

• +1
1200 sounds like hell good luck man
Yeah its not great, but Im only 167cm (5ft 6) so I dont need too much. My foods quite filling as well. And worst case I will just smoke to suppress my appetite.

• +1
definitely looks like a cutting diet

• +1
Keto is a higher fat % than protein. That's basically carnivore.

• +1
Reactions: Nims and Adonis
Keto puts you into ketosis mode, you need to check it, can use keto strips for that.

• Love it
Keto puts you into ketosis mode, you need to check it, can use keto strips for that.
Oh wow I didnt even know those where a thing. I've just brought some thanks. :love:

Technically if you're trying to stay in ketosis then it's a keto diet, which is my issue with it because it says nothing about food quality, meal frequency etc. On a normal natural diet you will be in ketosis most of the day anyway, it doesn't matter if you dip out temporarily due to eating an apple.

Your energy intake is way too low. There's no reason to eat so little it isn't necessarily going to speed up fat loss it will just mean you lose muscle and other soft tissues at a faster rate. Your protein intake is fine (so long as it is animal protein) your fat I would keep above 100g and carbs so long as it's under 50g it's fine, don't stress about dipping out of ketosis occasionally. That will take you to just under 2000 cals which is a better spot for cutting.

• +1
Technically if you're trying to stay in ketosis then it's a keto diet, which is my issue with it because it says nothing about food quality, meal frequency etc. On a normal natural diet you will be in ketosis most of the day anyway, it doesn't matter if you dip out temporarily due to eating an apple.
Ah ok. I think im aiming to stay in ketosis 24/7 tbh. The food quality is quite high I think.

My main meals are:
Breakfast.
4 rashers of Bacon.
6 Egg yolks.

Lunch
Chinese egg drop soup 150g
Beef Meatballs 5% fat. 165g

Dinner
Chicken 350g
Broccoli 100g

Supplements
Multi-Vit
Multi-Mineral.

Your energy intake is way too low.
Personally I dont think so.
Its only 300 calories lower than my BMR.
I am only 5ft 6 so I dont really need too many calories.

There's no reason to eat so little it isn't necessarily going to speed up fat loss it will just mean you lose muscle and other soft tissues at a faster rate.
Im going to keep at this defecit for a few more weeks then slowly increase it up to 1500-2000.
Im just loosing weight atm Im not really on a cut as I dont workout.

Your protein intake is fine (so long as it is animal protein)
Yeah its all animal, nothing is from whey/soy etc.

your fat I would keep above 100g and
Alright I'll increase my fat a little.

carbs so long as it's under 50g it's fine, don't stress about dipping out of ketosis occasionally. That will take you to just under 2000 cals which is a better spot for cutting.
Ok thats good so anything under 50gs is keto?

Ok thats good so anything under 50gs is keto?

It's not so simple that there is a distinct threshold, it varies by person and by the activity you do (which induces gluconeogenesis). But generally you will be almost always in ketosis under 50g. You will get better results if you do some exercise to create a deficit rather than trying to do it purely through calories since the body pretty quickly adapts to whatever energy intake you give it whereas if you keep increasing exercise intensity it forces the body is keep partitioning nutrients better (ie preserving soft tissue and burning fat). I get that you're a smaller guy and need fewer calories but still 1100-1200 is low even for a small girl.

The foods themselves look pretty good.

• +1
how it went?

• +1
how it went?
Its going ok, I followed that diet for maybe 10 days, but for the last couple days some stuff has come up meaning I've had to come off keto.
But as for the diet it made me feel a bit ill but I think thats the keto flu, I definitely looked leaner which probably was from the debloating and I also felt really full, I mean to the point where I had trouble eating due to not really being hungery.
Also I felt a bit more energetic even on such a high deficit, I also felt that my mood was a bit better.

1180 calories? That's really really low, be sure not to harm yourself

• +1
1180 calories? That's really really low, be sure not to harm yourself
Yeah dw, Ive been increasing my calories since then, Its more like 1350-1450 now, I'll increase it a bit more soon as well to like 1600-1650.