Is this shit salvageable? (Pics and Cephs)

Reoreyh

Reoreyh

Bronze
I have pretty crazy BDD. I genuinely can't tell how my face is perceived. I don't always default to thinking I look like crap, but I have a very nebulous and dysphoric self perception. Like a lot of others, sometimes I feel like I'm a high-tier normie, and other times I feel like an absolute mess.

The first image is my most recent ortho photos, taken early in the morning. Had no idea they wanted photos. Unshaved and skin is garbage. Total mugshot in what I'm assuming is unflattering lighting, and forced teeth smile.

The second image is at the end of a workday (sunburnt). I'm dehydrated and coming off of a fast. I'm also jutting my jaw forward slightly to bring my teeth into alignment.

I'd like to think my appearance lies somewhere in the middle of these examples, but I'm hoping for some honest evaluations and opinions. The only surgery I have scheduled at the moment is a mandibular advancement. I do not know how much I am getting/need. I have requested my cephs to post here and to send to other jaw surgeons, as I want a second opinion and to potentially get bimax instead of just a BSSO.

TL;DR

- Am I as ugly as I think?
- How do I fix it?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 440
  • thumbnail_20210923_202110.jpg
    thumbnail_20210923_202110.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 451
  • Ceph.jpg
    Ceph.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 385
  • Pan.jpg
    Pan.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, .👽., one job away and 7 others
chad (srs)

• JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, AlwaysHaveQuestions, Chinlet Ascension and 5 others
need CW rotation

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, mulattomaxxer and Reoreyh
Looking good in the middle, especially jaw and chin. Lookin like an average low tier normie on others

• +1
Reactions: Reoreyh
I have pretty crazy BDD. I genuinely can't tell how my face is perceived. I don't always default to thinking I look like crap, but I have a very nebulous and dysphoric self perception. Like a lot of others, sometimes I feel like I'm a high-tier normie, and other times I feel like an absolute mess.
Relatable

• +1
Reactions: MikeMew'sBitch and Deleted member 14978
brutal overbite

bimax will help you for sure

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Reoreyh
brutal overbite

bimax will help you for sure
I don't understand why my surgeon won't do it. He's giving my younger brother bimax, but only a BSSO for me. I'm going to see what Alfaro says with these x rays.

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman
Same bro

• +1
As a guy that had long hair, I'm telling you, you need to cut it. It's actually a massive looksmin. Also loose weight do get that jaw defined. You will look 10x better.

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, Agendum, .👽. and 2 others
Look into getting a bair cut and trimming your beard

• +1
bsso + genio or bsso @PingPong

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14323
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5786
You know, you kinda look like Kurt Russell in The Thing(1982).
maxresdefault.jpg

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet, Agendum, oldcelloser and 2 others
As a guy that had long hair, I'm telling you, you need to cut it. It's actually a massive looksmin. Also loose weight do get that jaw defined. You will look 10x better.
Look into getting a bair cut and trimming your beard

Lads. I appreciate the responses, and you're both 100% correct. But I'm looking for hard maxxes.
You know, you kinda look like Kurt Russell in The Thing(1982).
maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah it's the way my beard peaks and corners on my cheeks. I'm hoping when my jaw is done it'll be easier to shave straight stubble.

No youre about as ugly as you think from what im seeing. Girls who tell you otherwise just like your hair/coloring.

looks average to me

The first image is my most recent ortho photos, taken early in the morning. Had no idea they wanted photos. Unshaved and skin is garbage. Total mugshot in what I'm assuming is unflattering lighting, and forced teeth smile.

The second image is at the end of a workday (sunburnt). I'm dehydrated and coming off of a fast. I'm also jutting my jaw forward slightly to bring my teeth into alignment.

I'd like to think my appearance lies somewhere in the middle of these examples, but I'm hoping for some honest evaluations and opinions. The only surgery I have scheduled at the moment is a mandibular advancement. I do not know how much I am getting/need. I have requested my cephs to post here and to send to other jaw surgeons, as I want a second opinion and to potentially get bimax instead of just a BSSO.

TL;DR

- Am I as ugly as I think?
- How do I fix it?
The reason why you are unsure how you look like is not your bdd but your face. I imagine the issue for you is that you look vastly different from every angle in selfies or pictures taken from others. Usually good looking people look good from everywhere while you look good in some, terrible in others.

That is due to your sfs / deep bite. The nose part of your face with your top lip looks like it sticks too far out due to your recessed lower third. In 3D That creates a weird look. From the front it’s not noticeable but every degree you change the angle it looks weirder. Normal faces are harmonious while yours isn’t.

You will greatly ascend with bimax because it will bring exactly that. Harmony into your face.

If you want we can talk in DM. I have nearly the exact same CT side profile and overall case as you and it took me very long to figure it out what’s wrong and what I have to do. I also had the same issue with the angles and thought I have bdd.

Im getting bimax. I already have secured ortho and blackpilled surgeon but I will have one last consultation with another one soon.

idk how far you are into this but we can defenitly benefit from exchanging info since our cases really are that similar.
Im happy to help out serious surgerymaxxers

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15984, Agendum, Deleted member 2729 and 4 others
height? giga masc but birdcel. weak eye area on top of that, lots of uee. definitely salvageable, very good base. bimax as others have said and train your eye area a little. overbite is biggest failo

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and Reoreyh
I think short hair would suit you better

• +1
Avg but stonermaxd right now

• +1
height? giga masc but birdcel. weak eye area on top of that, lots of uee. definitely salvageable, very good base. bimax as others have said and train your eye area a little. overbite is biggest failo
6'0 barefoot.
The reason why you are unsure how you look like is not your bdd but your face. I imagine the issue for you is that you look vastly different from every angle in selfies or pictures taken from others. Usually good looking people look good from everywhere while you look good in some, terrible in others.

That is due to your sfs / deep bite. The nose part of your face with your top lip looks like it sticks too far out due to your recessed lower third. In 3D That creates a weird look. From the front it’s not noticeable but every degree you change the angle it looks weirder. Normal faces are harmonious while yours isn’t.

You will greatly ascend with bimax because it will bring exactly that. Harmony into your face.

If you want we can talk in DM. I have nearly the exact same CT side profile and overall case as you and it took me very long to figure it out what’s wrong and what I have to do. I also had the same issue with the angles and thought I have bdd.

Im getting bimax. I already have secured ortho and blackpilled surgeon but I will have one last consultation with another one soon.

idk how far you are into this but we can defenitly benefit from exchanging info since our cases really are that similar.
My surgery is probably about a month away. Doesn't seem like I need upper jaw movement of any kind. My occlusal plane is perfect and my gonial angle is like 105'. Wouldn't a simple cw rotation and advancement fix my face? I don't see where a forward movement of my upper jaw would go. Unless you're just using bimax as a blanket response to cover any potential rotation needed to fix an occlusal plane problem.

Mandibular advancement would probably help a lot, but you have a great base. I am not blowing smoke up your ass.

Excellent base.

In terms of orthognathic procedures you could get away with just BSSO, I think. How is your tooth show? If you need more incisor display then additional LF1 with CW rotation/downgraft would suit you. Can also throw a genioplasty potentially to drop the chin down a tad and make the lower third taller.

Other than that, maybe some oculoplastic work.

Contact Giant Implants immediately.

6'0 barefoot.

My surgery is probably about a month away. Doesn't seem like I need upper jaw movement of any kind. My occlusal plane is perfect and my gonial angle is like 105'. Wouldn't a simple cw rotation and advancement fix my face? I don't see where a forward movement of my upper jaw would go. Unless you're just using bimax as a blanket response to cover any potential rotation needed to fix an occlusal plane problem.
Well then you are much further than me. I still don’t have braces. but I spoke to a lot of docs so far so I have a pretty good image of what’s going to happen

Im doing my surgery solely out of a aesthetic perspective. With bimax you can have different results. More projection and yeah.
You don’t need bimax due to your overjet but if you want blackpilled result bimax has more potential.

as you can see from the Front you have rather deep and steep nasolabial folds. These are sign of a weak maxilla support. Another sign is the slightly droopy, curved nose which is also the result of too little maxilla support. Advancing the maxilla can straighten the nose and lessen the folds/change their angle
Your cheeks also seem like they would benefit from a bit of stretching which would happen with advancing the maxilla.

You can also have more control over the position of the chin and lower jaw by rotating or downgrafting or whatever but granted you don’t need this. Your occlusional plane and chin height, harmony overall, seem really good

So last thing I would concern is if the projection you want is achieveable by just bsso because you are limited to the mm of the overjet and possibly a genio

a bimax also comes with a few aesthetics risks tho but to list it out again I think you would benefit from more maxilla support in a few ways. I don’t think any reposition like downgrafts or fancy rotation would benefit you but atleast some more projection as well
but yeah in your case it’s probably not a lot of maxilla movement anyways and I’m not a doc.

Last edited:
Well then you are much further than me. I still don’t have braces. but I spoke to a lot of docs so far so I have a pretty good image of what’s going to happen

Im doing my surgery solely out of a aesthetic perspective. With bimax you can have different results. More projection and yeah.
You don’t need bimax due to your overjet but if you want blackpilled result bimax has more potential.

as you can see from the Front you have rather deep and steep nasolabial folds. These are sign of a weak maxilla support. Another sign is the slightly droopy, curved nose which is also the result of too little maxilla support. Advancing the maxilla can straighten the nose and lessen the folds/change their angle
Your cheeks also seem like they would benefit from a bit of stretching which would happen with advancing the maxilla.

You can also have more control over the position of the chin and lower jaw by rotating or downgrafting or whatever but granted you don’t need this. Your occlusional plane and chin height, harmony overall, seem really good

So last thing I would concern is if the projection you want is achieveable by just bsso because you are limited to the mm of the overjet and possibly a genio

a bimax also comes with a few aesthetics risks tho but to list it out again I think you would benefit from more maxilla support in a few ways. I don’t think any reposition like downgrafts or fancy rotation would benefit you but atleast some more projection as well
but yeah in your case it’s probably not a lot of maxilla movement anyways and I’m not a doc.
I tried to DM you but you aren't receiving profile visits or DMs.

• +1
Reactions: one job away
You do need maxillary movement due to your SFS.

I don't understand why my surgeon won't do it. He's giving my younger brother bimax, but only a BSSO for me. I'm going to see what Alfaro says with these x rays.
You have good forward growth on your maxilla. You only need your lower jaw to come forward imo. Anyway I would reccomend getting a second bimax consultation to see what they say.

Don't fall for the PSL autism foward growth meme.

You look pretty good, definetly HTN. Shave the neck beard and control that small patch of ance.

Whats your age and laycount/KHHV status?

I'm in the same boat as op. I've never needed surgery because women have always treated me well but I do want to ascend and rotting on this forum kinda makes you want to see your Tru potential. This place is fucked tbh

I thought for a moment that i made this thread drunk and forgot about it or something jfl