Is this the best diet macro for longevity?

D

Deleted member 2933

Kraken
40% healthy fat = Animal, olive and peanuts
50% protein = meat or isolates(Supplements)
10% carb = Oats, cereal, etc.

• JFL
Reactions: DidntRead and Deleted member 2486
You won't get much help on this forum for longevity related stuff

• +1
Reactions: birchman
Why live longer when you're subhuman

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: StolenDays, Deleted member 1560, Colombianpill and 11 others
no son

longest living documented tribes all ate high carb

u got it wrong somewhere

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, DidntRead, Deleted member 2227 and 1 other person
High carb with cardio or die

Aight, you'd have to be more specific, longevity is a lot about micro nutrients. I drink for that (and lots of other reasons) a glass of hot water with honey, cinnamon, ginger and turmeric everyday, pm me for the specific reasons. All in all for longevity you'd probably be smart to max your IGF-1 so the high protein is good, but I think you underestimate protein, to live on 50% protein is basically a life from chicken breast and whey, the later is bad for your skin. And even chicken doesn't even get to 30%, so while high protein is great, you'd have to be more realistic. I like the low carb approach, you could even cut them out totally since ketones are great for a long living brain, not very good for liver tho. Id recommend antioxidants, ginger and turmeric being the strongest natural ones. Healthy fats are great, concerning the animals forget processed meat though, recent research suggests that red meat is completely fine, the problem is with processed meat, and don't eat too much. Overall Id recommend that you watch more for micronutrients, even tho high protein and high fat is great.
If you only go for longevity and other health benefits like t are not that important Id go for higher carbs tho, since the life expectancy at high carb is 82, on moderate carb is 83 and low carb only 79. Could have to do with the micronutrients connected to carbs, more research necessary

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2933, Preposterous and LordNorwood
100% - my semen

More fat and less protein. I would do like 60-65% fat, 30% protein, 5-10% carbs.
Make sure you are hitting your micronutrients and supplement with things that oppose oxidation. Also do HIIT (sprints 2-3 times a week) frequent cardio and weightlifting. Swimming is excellent because it puts so little pressure on your joints. Check out skincare threads, a lot of the stuff that is good for your skin is also good for longevity. Beauty = Health.
Also, fast. We are starting to see that fasting has insane benefits for longevity, so much so that people have wondered if the supposed health benefits of the diets of certain peoples is actually more closely related to their fasting practices than what they eat. Try and live a fasting focused lifestyle with 48-72 hour fasts frequently and long fasts (7-40 days) placed throughout your year. Look up fasting and autophagy.
In general what lowers inflammation is excellent for longevity. Inflammation ages you.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 2205, Deleted member 2227, Deleted member 2933 and 1 other person
More fat and less protein. I would do like 60-65% fat, 30% protein, 5-10% carbs.
Make sure you are hitting your micronutrients and supplement with things that oppose oxidation. Also do HIIT (sprints 2-3 times a week) frequent cardio and weightlifting. Swimming is excellent because it puts so little pressure on your joints. Check out skincare threads, a lot of the stuff that is good for your skin is also good for longevity. Beauty = Health.
Also, fast. We are starting to see that fasting has insane benefits for longevity, so much so that people have wondered if the supposed health benefits of the diets of certain peoples is actually more closely related to their fasting practices than what they eat. Try and live a fasting focused lifestyle with 48-72 hour fasts frequently and long fasts (7-40 days) placed throughout your year. Look up fasting and autophagy.
In general what lowers inflammation is excellent for longevity. Inflammation ages you.
agree with everything besides low carb

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
agree with everything besides low carb
Fair enough, I'm still trying to figure diet out. I would say the most important pieces are anti-oxidants and fasting, and I see you hit anti-oxidants too. Right now I am wary of carbs because they drive inflammation through an insulin response.

• +1
Reactions: SikKunt and Deleted member 2621
if u want to loose weight then water faast

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
My gallbladder hurts just from looking at that fat percentage.

Fair enough, I'm still trying to figure diet out. I would say the most important pieces are anti-oxidants and fasting, and I see you hit anti-oxidants too. Right now I am wary of carbs because they drive inflammation through an insulin response.
True, I avoid them too, but for longevity they are great

Extra virgin olive oil gives me bitch tits and sucutaneous fat deposits

okinawa

blue zones

also dont link me bart kay video. i dont care
Okinawan diet isn't composed of sweet potatoes and such as the usual lie goes.
They normally eat a high animal fat diet full of pork and fish.
They simply switched to a high-carb diet due to the war where the livestock was killed.

You don't care about anything that doesn't suit your bias btw.

• +1
Reactions: KrissKross and Deleted member 2227
They simply switched to a high-carb diet due to the war where the livestock was killed.

You don't care about anything that doesn't suit your bias btw.
i dont have bias. i dont give a fuck but science doesnt prove benefits of keto/animal fat based diets so i dont believe in zhem

i dont have bias. i dont give a fuck but science doesnt prove benefits of keto/animal fat based diets so i dont believe in zhem
The usual studies that support a high carb diet are fallacious and have already been debunked but ok.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227 and Deleted member 2933
what does it mean 50% protein? is this supposed to be a diet for weight loss or bulking?
if you mean the ratio "40gr of fat, 50gr of protein, 10gr of carbos" then this diet sucks because there are too many protein and not enough carbos

Extra virgin olive oil gives me bitch tits and sucutaneous fat deposits
That only happens because you are a virgin. Olive oil is extra mean to virgins.

• JFL
Reactions: theanonymousone and Deleted member 2933
what does it mean 50% protein? is this supposed to be a diet for weight loss or bulking?
if you mean the ratio "40gr of fat, 50gr of protein, 10gr of carbos" then this diet sucks because there are too many protein and not enough carbos

Carbo age u
Aight, you'd have to be more specific, longevity is a lot about micro nutrients. I drink for that (and lots of other reasons) a glass of hot water with honey, cinnamon, ginger and turmeric everyday, pm me for the specific reasons. All in all for longevity you'd probably be smart to max your IGF-1 so the high protein is good, but I think you underestimate protein, to live on 50% protein is basically a life from chicken breast and whey, the later is bad for your skin. And even chicken doesn't even get to 30%, so while high protein is great, you'd have to be more realistic. I like the low carb approach, you could even cut them out totally since ketones are great for a long living brain, not very good for liver tho. Id recommend antioxidants, ginger and turmeric being the strongest natural ones. Healthy fats are great, concerning the animals forget processed meat though, recent research suggests that red meat is completely fine, the problem is with processed meat, and don't eat too much. Overall Id recommend that you watch more for micronutrients, even tho high protein and high fat is great.
If you only go for longevity and other health benefits like t are not that important Id go for higher carbs tho, since the life expectancy at high carb is 82, on moderate carb is 83 and low carb only 79. Could have to do with the micronutrients connected to carbs, more research necessary

I dont drink whey for maintance, my protein suplement for macros were casein and calcium caseinate.

Typically percentages refer to caloric percentage rather than mass percentage

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2933
okinawa

blue zones
There's nothing that special about the diet of centenarians in Japan. It's a pretty standard classic Japanese diet.

Just ikigaimaxx bro

There's nothing that special about the diet of centenarians in Japan. It's a pretty standard classic Japanese diet.

Just ikigaimaxx bro
Ikigai?

Just ikigaimaxx bro
Ikigai?

So low carb is ideal?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: bossman, Deleted member 6401, Deleted member 2205 and 1 other person
So fucking confused. One study resulted in high animal product diets and low carb diets being bad, but another study showed that meat consumption led to higher telomere length Which is it? Eat meat or don't eat meat? I don't think there have been any long term experiments with diet to determine what ratio of macros is best.

Edit: Study that linked meat consumption with telomere length was inaccurate (bad sample size). I think staying away from red meat is good though.
All in all for longevity you'd probably be smart to max your IGF-1
I thought the whole point of fasting was to reduce IGF-1 or growth factor to slow down intrinsic aging?

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Rip Heart

how to cope

If you really look for longeivity, you would look for Micros especially and a specific diet and not what ratios of Macros lol

is keto the best to keep muscle and cut fat?