Is this weird?

FailedNormieManlet

FailedNormieManlet

NTmaxxed pajeet
Whenever my mum comes into to give me a kiss, I always recoil and push her away saying I don't want it. Same with my dad, in fact I don't even let my dad hug me - the rare times he does I allow him unwillingly. I don't let my mum really give me hugs too, I always tell her to get off me. But I can give hugs just fine, whenever I recieve a hug I get annoyed. Sometimes when my mum gives me a hug for a long time, I start panicking and think "fuck, I'm literally an incel. What am I doing sitting here?" and I abruptly just get up and leave the room.

I don't really outwardly express any affection to my parents (according to my dad) and he said I'd find it hard being married because of this.

Is my behaviour actually weird? Is it avoidant?

@Xangsane I'd like to hear your opinions

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Korea
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and FailedNormieManlet
How old are you bhai? My mom gave me a kiss probably 20 years ago

• JFL
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
Only had to read this to tell you, yes, whatever is going on in the rest of ur paragraph is weird.
A KISS ON THE CHEEK NOT THE LIPS

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and Korea
  • Hmm...
Reactions: 11gaijin
  • Avoid making friends.
  • Have a hard time taking criticism or disapproval.
  • Dislike or feel uncomfortable being touched or physically close to anyone.
  • Do not open up or show their emotions easily.
  • Fear that being in a relationship will cause them harm.
  • May blame their partner for being too demanding or clingy.
  • Neither ask for emotional support nor offer it.
  • Are excessively particular about their “me time.”
  • Want to be left alone in times of stress.
  • Appear to be unperturbed during emotional situations.
  • Do not like being advised and prefer making independent decisions.
  • Struggle with intimacy and making lasting relationships.
  • Avoid sharing or complaining if something hurts them.
  • Afraid of being judged or rejected and may be secretive.
  • Do not appear to be completely invested in their present relationships.
  • Appear to be preoccupied and indulgent about their own needs and comforts.
  • Excessively stress being free or independent.

JFL THESE ARE SIGNS OF BEING AVOIDANT IN RELATIONSHIPS IN ADULTHOOD - I PUT IN BOLD ALL SYMPTOMS I SHOW (My mother would argue I show more, but she is lying)

These are the childhood symptons

• Do not like to be touched or cuddled.
  • Avoid eye contact or conversations with their caregivers
  • Seldom ask for any help.
  • Look like they want to be left alone, although in reality, they want to be looked after.
  • May have disordered eating patterns.
JFL @ me and my abused dog childhood. I can remember during early childhood, I never let my mum hug me too. I also had eating issues, was unable to eat much food and I remember whenever I would cry, I would want to be left alone and I'd vent to my teddy bear at my issues in school or whenever I had a tough time - never my parents. My mother once yelled at me, and saw me run in to my room and cry to my teddy bear (I still remember that bear), and she saw me venting to it telling it how my mum yelled at me. My mum threw the fkin bear out and said she felt bad and sat me on her lap and said sorry :lul::lul:

@Xangsane over for me and my shit childhood. My mother also claimed my dad was the reason she never spent that much time with me when I was a baby

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: FrameMogger and Xangsane

>causes are kids being made fun of + not giving enough attention (I was given a dummy and essentially just left by my mother)

holy fuck man, this explains a lot about my "odd" behaviour

Whenever my mum comes into to give me a kiss, I always recoil and push her away saying I don't want it. Same with my dad, in fact I don't even let my dad hug me - the rare times he does I allow him unwillingly. I don't let my mum really give me hugs too, I always tell her to get off me. But I can give hugs just fine, whenever I recieve a hug I get annoyed. Sometimes when my mum gives me a hug for a long time, I start panicking and think "fuck, I'm literally an incel. What am I doing sitting here?" and I abruptly just get up and leave the room.

I don't really outwardly express any affection to my parents (according to my dad) and he said I'd find it hard being married because of this.

Is my behaviour actually weird? Is it avoidant?

@Xangsane I'd like to hear your opinions
i've never liked getting hugs from close family, I take any contact with anyone as sexual

• JFL
Bookmarked. I will have a read and post when I wake up!

• +1
i've never liked getting hugs from close family, I take any contact with anyone as sexual
It's not the sexual part. I just start panicking and think I'm being too close or some shit. Idk how to explain it, my chest starts tightening, I feel chained down and heavy. I get very panicky

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16853