Is topical isotretinoin safer?

G

gaypharoah

mentalcel
I'm 16 and recently started treatment with 0.05% topical isotretinoin, and not too long after receiving it I started to research the mechanisms and effects it has on the body.

Of course, I stumbled upon the fact that for the majority of users, high concentrations of systemic isotretinoin suppressed important growth factors such as IGF-1 and IGFBP3.

Now, most of these issues seem to be pronounced with users taking higher doses of systemic iso, and as an active teenager (Participate in multiple sports, mainly volleyball and powerlifting) I don't exactly understand how much this would affect me in the long term. I am 6'1 but I do think I have more growth left in me (gained cms in the past few months).

I am considerably higher than average testosterone already and I've been avoiding SARMs, steroids and the like for fear of similar side effects, so I'd rather just continue with topical zinc acetate and salicylic acid rather than lose out on more than half an inch in height and other development, whether facial or not. My skin is not horrible, but by no means is it acne-free. I suffer from cystic acne and the effects for me are more mental than physical at this point, although my face isn't really as bad as others.

Early on, would it be safer to consider stopping course with the treatment, or are the effects on non-systemic, low dosage and topical isotretinoin simply insignificant enough to warrant no action?

Get retin a instead