Is tretinoin good even if I dont have acne?

A

Account717

Silver
I don't have acne anymore, I do have small visible pores i think as a result of acne.
This is not to say my skin is good... i have lots of hyperpigmentation in certain areas, wrinkles/creases/folds around mouth and eyes at a young age
I look online and i see that tretinoin is good primarily to get rid of acne, but is it also good for these other issues? Does it help overall renew the skin?

Thanks.

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful
You can try it out. It's also supposed to be good for glowing skin in general and anti-aging.
But you might have issues with very dry, peeling skin, which you would have to counter with moisturizer and sunscreen.
If you do not have this issue, then you can use tretinoin, if you do, I would avoid it honestly.

In that case just megadose collagen, do red-light therapy twice per week and take the usual vitamin A/vitamin C supplements as an alternative.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
I don't have acne anymore, I do have small visible pores i think as a result of acne.
This is not to say my skin is good... i have lots of hyperpigmentation in certain areas, wrinkles/creases/folds around mouth and eyes at a young age
I look online and i see that tretinoin is good primarily to get rid of acne, but is it also good for these other issues? Does it help overall renew the skin?

Thanks.
It will make you age slower, it will help with shrinking pores but there are other products better for pore size. You will probably purge for a bit and experience dry skin though, yes it does help renew skin and increase cell turnover rate so your hyperpigmentation would fade faster.

Only downsides really would be on sunny days you need spf, and you will purge for a bit, and the results will take a good while since they are cumulative and you have to up dosages

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful and Elvisandreaa
It will make you age slower, it will help with shrinking pores but there are other products better for pore size. You will probably purge for a bit and experience dry skin though, yes it does help renew skin and increase cell turnover rate so your hyperpigmentation would fade faster.

Only downsides really would be on sunny days you need spf, and you will purge for a bit, and the results will take a good while since they are cumulative and you have to up dosages
Yeah I am taking the sunscreen pill.
I thought because i am brown i dont need sunscreen but in fact i need it more than Ytoids since my skin will just turn even more subhuman darker brown if it gets damaged by the sun.

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful and AlexBrown84
yeah it's great

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and TrestIsBest
A lot of middle-aged chicks use it for anti-aging and yes, it's legit for skinmaxxing

• +1
Reactions: LooksmaxxHopeful
I think it does improve skin, yes. I've even heard that some Hollywood start eat a small does of isotret to maintain great skin.

What are the other products you recommend for pore size? I have massive sebaceous filaments on my nose and I'd love to get rid of them.

You can try it out. It's also supposed to be good for glowing skin in general and anti-aging.
But you might have issues with very dry, peeling skin, which you would have to counter with moisturizer and sunscreen.
If you do not have this issue, then you can use tretinoin, if you do, I would avoid it honestly.

In that case just megadose collagen, do red-light therapy twice per week and take the usual vitamin A/vitamin C supplements as an alternative.
why not just use the second option from the get go ?

why not just use the second option from the get go ?
Don't know if it works as well as Tretinoin works. I just read that it could be an alternative.

• +1
Reactions: Essonerian
might cause u some breakouts