Is uni even worth it if you aren't doing stem

Deleted member 18931

Deleted member 18931

Kraken
the commerce degree im doing is boring as hell and its not like the jobs it gets you pay you anything crazy unless you work for same place for 10 years. had more fun working at a supermarket tbh

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16220
uni is not worth it unless u get into a top 10 uk uni.

or top 25 world uni

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Alexanderr, sly shinkai, Deleted member 14693 and 1 other person
Depends on your passion, but generally speaking no.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18931
shouldve just stuck to rugby and tried to join a team tbh was good at it

I was a winger in my school's first team

It's never too late btw. Rugby is not as hard to get into as Football.

I've heard of 25 yos going pro for the first time.

and people starting late at 18.

Just get jacked and start training

• +1
But then again, the salaries are not as great as football. I think the average salary of aviva prem player is £300k?

nvm its £171k for aviva prem. For football, its 2.4m

• +1
But then again, the salaries are not as great as football. I think the average salary of aviva prem player is £300k?

nvm its £171k for aviva prem. For football, its 2.4m
you think it's worth all the effort and training for that, you have to be pretty elite as well. I was good but i wouldnt say elite or anything

uni is not worth it unless u get into a top 10 uk uni.

or top 25 world uni
Lol the salary difference between a top 10 Uk uni and ones below that is like 5k max. It is more of a bragging right but you basically spend ur time hanging around curry and rice studycels for 3 years instead of living ur youth. Now an Ivy League university on the other hand that will land u serious money

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21597
Nah. I regret going to uni before hardmaxxing. It's meant to be a fun experience, the peak of your life, not just some studycel grind like it was.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16677, PubertyMaxxer, GetShrekt and 2 others
Lol the salary difference between a top 10 Uk uni and ones below that is like 5k max. It is more of a bragging right but you basically spend ur time hanging around curry and rice studycels for 3 years instead of living ur youth. Now an Ivy League university on the other hand that will land u serious money
You do know that Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial, Manchester, UCL, Edinburgh, etc. are ranked higher than a LOT of ivy league unis in world rankings? These institutions are called target universities. Elite companies go there and do there recruiting from there. To say that there will only be a £5k salary difference is absurd. And let's not even get into the top 5 unis in uk...

do you enjoy uni, im kinda getting burned out rn
No its shit, Im currently on my holidays still as I dont start back up for another week or two but its so boring.

Nah. I regret going to uni before hardmaxxing. It's meant to be a fun experience, the peak of your life, not just some studycel grind like it was.
what did you graduate with and do you regret it?

You do know that Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial, Manchester, UCL, Edinburgh, etc. are ranked higher than a LOT of ivy league unis in world rankings? These institutions are called target universities. Elite companies go there and do there recruiting from there. To say that there will only be a £5k salary difference is absurd. And let's not even get into the top 5 unis in uk...
Cambridge and Oxford will probably be the ones that will actually put you ahead of everyone else imperial and ucl are debatable but very good. Manchester and Edinburgh aren’t nearly on their level but much better for work and social life balance and also very good names. The uni name is very important mainly for careers like investment banking and law but even then those careers are competitive as shit among target grads. Either way I’m gonna do a postgrad at either Oxbridge or LSE to get that name on my cv

Yeah, ideally you would be doing gender studies at the London Met.

• JFL
Reactions: ....
Cambridge and Oxford will probably be the ones that will actually put you ahead of everyone else imperial and ucl are debatable but very good. Manchester and Edinburgh aren’t nearly on their level but much better for work and social life balance and also very good names. The uni name is very important mainly for careers like investment banking and law but even then those careers are competitive as shit among target grads. Either way I’m gonna do a postgrad at either Oxbridge or LSE to get that name on my cv
You really underestimate imperial and UCL's rep man.

Imperial actually has an exchange program with MIT. MIT students go to imperial and Imperial students go to MIT for 4th year. It's a highly recognized uni.

Oxbridge & Imperial are in a league of their own.
After those three, is St Andrews. A lot of American students go to St Andrew's to study.
And then comes, LSE, UCL, Manchester, etc. Graduates from these uni's will definitely out earn those from much lower ranked unis. Sure they won't be at Oxbridge/Imperial grad salary level, but still will be much higher than the rest.

As for postgrad at Oxbridge or LSE, that's a very good idea. Or you could just keep reapplying to Oxbridge or LSE for undergrad, whilst you are studying at some other uni. That's what I plan to. Student Finance are very flexible as long as you don't hold a degree

• +1
Reactions: House Lannister
You really underestimate imperial and UCL's rep man.

Imperial actually has an exchange program with MIT. MIT students go to imperial and Imperial students go to MIT for 4th year. It's a highly recognized uni.

Oxbridge & Imperial are in a league of their own.
After those three, is St Andrews. A lot of American students go to St Andrew's to study.
And then comes, LSE, UCL, Manchester, etc. Graduates from these uni's will definitely out earn those from much lower ranked unis. Sure they won't be at Oxbridge/Imperial grad salary level, but still will be much higher than the rest.

As for postgrad at Oxbridge or LSE, that's a very good idea. Or you could just keep reapplying to Oxbridge or LSE for undergrad, whilst you are studying at some other uni. That's what I plan to. Student Finance are very flexible as long as you don't hold a degree
Planning on doing a levels on the side while at first year at uni for now. I fucked up and didn’t make my firm cause I was slacking off the entire year lol so I might be a bit biased anyway. How lenient are they with resits tho I was thinking of applying to a top 20 not Oxbridge level

Planning on doing a levels on the side while at first year at uni for now. I fucked up and didn’t make my firm cause I was slacking off the entire year lol so I might be a bit biased anyway. How lenient are they with resits tho I was thinking of applying to a top 20 not Oxbridge level
I'll DM you

• +1
Reactions: House Lannister
what did you graduate with and do you regret it?
Mechanical engineering masters.
I guess it would be ok if I wasn't schizo from being incel the whole time.

Once again DO NOT go to uni before hardmaxxing.

• JFL
Reactions: ....
I'm gonna graduate with 0 debt, so it's worth it in my case.

No, but if you have connections, then buisness mogs