Is UV radiation just as bad when it's cloudy? (collagen)

ifyouwannabemylover

ifyouwannabemylover

Ascended
title tbh

• +1
Reactions: SkinjobCatastrophe and Mongrelcel
yes

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5180, JimmyDreamsOfZygos, ScramFranklin and 2 others
It's worse.

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
Anything other than incandescent light and the spectrum above (red) cause excitation of cells and easily calcifies them when prone.
Your cells are damaged more by sitting in a dark room in front of a screen (blue light) than sunbathing the whole day (the latter is actually very beneficial if there is not much damage which can be let loose e.g. lipid peroxidation because of the heat)

If you avoid the sun, you are a looksminner in my eyes

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 5189, Deleted member 6382 and 5 others
Anything other than incandescent light and the spectrum above (red) cause excitation of cells and easily calcifies them when prone.
Your cells are damaged more by sitting in a dark room in front of a screen (blue light) than sunbathing the whole day (the latter is actually very beneficial if there is not much damage which can be let loose e.g. lipid peroxidation because of the heat)

[x] doubt

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5189
Your cells are damaged more by sitting in a dark room in front of a screen (blue light) than sunbathing the whole day
We need a thread on this

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11479

Then why do people with outdoor jobs in sunny places look way older than their age usually? I am here in Florida and some roofers my age that didn't use much sun protection look really old now compared to me.

• +1
Reactions: TITUS

When are you graduating from the broscience academy?
Have you ever gotten sun spots and sun burns from sitting in front of your computer all day?
In few weeks you will say that you know better and that all that you wrote today was bullshit, as usual.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: everythingisacope, Deleted member 13021 and ScramFranklin
Then why do people with outdoor jobs in sunny places look way older than their age usually? I am here in Florida and some roofers my age that didn't use much sun protection look really old now compared to me.
He read it in some blog, he has so much bullshit in his head it's just better to ignore him completely.

• Woah
Reactions: Lawton88
any advice to minimize the damage?
Becoming lean would decrease the risk of lipofuscin (stressful release of FFA and then lipid peroxidation), cataracts (lipid peroxidation).
Mindering excitation of cells would also reduce production of Nitric Oxide and therefore prevent displacement of Oxygen in Cytochrome C Oxidase, allowing proper energy production of the cell and, by creating more ATP and CO2, preventing calcification.
Getting enough Calcium would decrease extraction of calcium from the bones (incl. teeth) mediated by PTH.
Vitamin D decreases PTH and can govern Calcium properly as well. UVA rays promote conversion of cholesterol in skin into (yet inactive) D3 and warmth would then convert the inactive form into the active form D3.
Taking Magnesium can also block calcium-channel to a certain degree.

If you can not deal with the sun, you have lots of internal problems to deal with

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6382 and Mongrelcel
any advice to minimize the damage?
Oh minimising damage for that specifically? I would just avoid them

Blue light restricts proper cellular respiration, shifting the cells into aerobic glycolisis and as I hinted above, it thus increases (susceptibility?) to excitation and therefore promote calcium influx.
The possible solutions I mentioned above still apply, maybe you can also take Quinones (Vitamin K in general or Emodin ...).
Quinones can help reduce NADH back to NAD if your energy metabolism (krebs cycle) is not on point (or if you are lacking pyruvate dehydrogenase).
In anaerobic glycolysis there is no oxygen so the body will use pyruvate as the emergency oxidizing agent. So, the enzyme LDH will oxidize NADH back to NAD using pyruvate as the oxidant and this will generate NAD and lactate. In cancer, this process occurs even when oxygen is present.
Niacin can feed the whole pool of NAD/NADH (Niacinamide might even be faster, as it is one step ahead in the chain).

I am still learning things so do not take this too seriously

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
In few weeks you will say that you know better and that all that you wrote today was bullshit, as usual.
I am learning indeed and trying to consolidate info
If you have anything to add or to correct on my broscience, please correct me. Speeding up my learning process you know?

Oh minimising damage for that specifically? I would just avoid them

Blue light restricts proper cellular respiration, shifting the cells into aerobic glycolisis and as I hinted above, it thus increases (susceptibility?) to excitation and therefore promote calcium influx.
The possible solutions I mentioned above still apply, maybe you can also take Quinones (Vitamin K in general or Emodin ...).
Quinones can help reduce NADH back to NAD if your energy metabolism (krebs cycle) is not on point (or if you are lacking pyruvate dehydrogenase).
In anaerobic glycolysis there is no oxygen so the body will use pyruvate as the emergency oxidizing agent. So, the enzyme LDH will oxidize NADH back to NAD using pyruvate as the oxidant and this will generate NAD and lactate. In cancer, this process occurs even when oxygen is present.
Niacin can feed the whole pool of NAD/NADH (Niacinamide might even be faster, as it is one step ahead in the chain).

I am still learning things so do not take this too seriously
Not exactly possible for me, i'm a programmer & professional rotter, do you think a monitor with less blue light would help?

also, the amount of light coming from a screen is pretty low dont you think? For example, my table lamp shines sever times more

Not exactly possible for me, i'm a programmer & professional rotter, do you think a monitor with less blue light would help?

also, the amount of light coming from a screen is pretty low dont you think? For example, my table lamp shines sever times more
room should be well lit and you could use the software f.lux
Also, if you are the type of guy, you could drink Monster or RedBull

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11479
My parents sunbathed every summer and have looked very young up until the point they hit 55 and they still look around 40, I’ve sunbathed every summer no sun cream at 26 and get mistaken for 20 year old all the time...

Genetics - if your parents look like shit you will too sorry.

• +1
Reactions: Jerzy Bondov, Deleted member 5189 and Gonthar
My parents sunbathed every summer and have looked very young up until the point they hit 55 and they still look around 40, I’ve sunbathed every summer no sun cream at 26 and get mistaken for 20 year old all the time...

Genetics - if your parents look like shit you will too sorry.
cope

yes - watch out for cloud burn.

yes - watch out for cloud burn.
well you won't get sunburn but UV radiation still wrecks your collagen afaik, question is to what degree

Its not as bad but yes its still going to affect your skin. Its just the same thing but less of it. I believe some weather places even have info on how much uv light is present along with the temperature and rain predictions and all that shit

Its not as bad but yes its still going to affect your skin. Its just the same thing but less of it. I believe some weather places even have info on how much uv light is present along with the temperature and rain predictions and all that shit
so is putting on sunscreen when it's dark outside autism?

• +1
Reactions: Gonthar and SkinjobCatastrophe
so is putting on sunscreen when it's dark outside autism?
It will stop uv rays from damaging your skin but the effect is so minor when its cloudy it seems pointless. However it will help so if you want to do everything possible then go for it

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
What are the skincare options to help reduce UV damage?

I salute son

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3990