Is wisdom tooth extraction supposed to change face shape?

D

Deleted member 6764

Iron
Had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out about 4 weeks ago for my Invisalign treatment. Swelling has gone down now and I don’t look any different imo.

Seen some posters on here say it can

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551
it will indeed fuck it over. I had 2 of them removed. And my jaw got noticeably narrower. Because of this my lower jaw teeth look fucked up while upper row looks great. Justin Bieber had all 4s removed and u can see his face definately changed for the worse.

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 19551
People here are fucking retarded. No bone loss happens to the actual jaw bone. You will notice NOTHING unless you autistically harp about it until you give yourself a nocebo effect and start making 300 threads about it.

What resorps is your alveolar bone sockets which hold the teeth in place and anchor them through connective tissue to your jaws. People that get actual jaw bone loss are usually elderly people that lose a ton of teeth and lose the ability to masticate forcefully which reduces the mechanical loading transferred to the actual jaw bone, which might be why they shrink a little. Similar to reduced bone mass in your arms if you stop lifting weights.

Of course losing random teeth in random regions is VERY different to getting certain teeth pulled out symmetrically in every quadrant of your dentition. If you lose random teeth, it's usually one sided and thus causes major imbalance in the transfer of masticatory force and causes tooth migration, malocclusion, gum recession (due to too much tension being placed on certain teeth which damages the gum structure) and eventually with enough tooth loss, a collapse in your entire bite which causes a host of functional and aesthetic problems because your teeth are natural retainers to each other.

You're removing your wisdom teeth because there's physically no space for them. And no, unless you have a skeletal deformity that fucks up your dental relation BECAUSE of a lack of jaw size, there's no way to correct your inability to host 32 teeth by making your jaw bigger. Not to mention, they are removed symmetrically, and your orthodontist controls where your teeth are going to migrate and facilitates that process until you have a good occlusal relation that will allow you to chew hard and chew properly.

Don't worry about it. Floss and brush daily and get dental checkups regularly so you don't lose any teeth. And if you do, get an implant ASAP.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: WonderChad and Deleted member 6764
it will indeed fuck it over. I had 2 of them removed. And my jaw got noticeably narrower. Because of this my lower jaw teeth look fucked up while upper row looks great. Justin Bieber had all 4s removed and u can see his face definately changed for the worse. View attachment 1679661
Fuck, is this legit? That grifter dentist of mine was pressing me to have them removed for some BS reasons I don't remember supposedly, but really, for his fucking bank account. Still have them all 4.

Fuck, is this legit? That grifter dentist of mine was pressing me to have them removed for some BS reasons I don't remember supposedly, but really, for his fucking bank account. Still have them all 4.
If u do not have pain do not remove it. I had no pain but these fucking dentist forced me to to it because in Norway u can get it cheaper before age 21 and they told me if i dont do it now i will have to eventually do it later, but i had no pain whatsoever. I totally regret this shit. 32 teeth is life

• +1
Reactions: ROTTING